Jennifer Lyon

Sunday, November 13th, 2011
Weekend Roundup

This week, I’ll be a little late getting the posts up. I can’t preset them like I normally do with the contest post above.

Now–the weekend. It was fine, quiet mostly. It rained Saturday and I got some writing done.  Sunday was sunny and Wizard and I went to breakfast. I love Belgium waffles with blueberry topping! And from there–bleh. I just had one of those days where nothing I did seemed to work out.

Okay it’s official, I’m boring today. It’s up to you guys to be entertaining. Tell us about your weekend!

8 comments to “Weekend Roundup”

1. Silver James
      · November 14th, 2011 at 11:14 am · Link

Entertaining? Wait…what? I haven’t had enough coffee to be entertaining. Beside, I was a sloth this weekend. That’s totally not entertaining. And it’s pretty ugly, too. ;)

My college football team is still #2 and if they win the next two games should be playing in the national championship. A former player who was a favorite has been named as the new manager for my favorite major league baseball team. The NBA is still on lockout (oh, darn :roll: )

I didn’t write this weekend. Iffy and I are still arguing about robot horses and where the lasers are located. I’m insisting eyes, if I have to give in and have them installed at all. Iffy? I give you three guesses and the first two don’t count. 8-O

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

2. Viki S.
      · November 14th, 2011 at 12:36 pm · Link

Sorry to hear yesterday was not the best behaved days for you. Though the waffles sound good :).
    The weather was beautiful here all weekend. Yesterday was a bit windy. Today I was out running errands trying to beat the rain and I failed :). Got caught in a cloud burst. I even tried putting a grocery bag over my head to try and keep dry but as soon as I stepped out of the store the windy whipped it away. Oh well, don’t need to impress anyone anyway :).

3. Jenn
      · November 14th, 2011 at 12:36 pm · Link

Hey Silver, you found the post, LOL! Well at least your teams (except the NBA) didn’t let you down. Sounds like you just needed a break this weekend.

I vote for eyes too :-)

4. Jenn
      · November 14th, 2011 at 12:38 pm · Link

Viki, sorry you got caught in the rain! They always make it look romantic in books and movies. In real life? Not so much. Although I may have smiled a little at the image of you trying to hold the grocery bag over your had and it blowing away :-)

5. Silver James
      · November 14th, 2011 at 1:06 pm · Link

I use a Google RSS feed for my blog hopping. It really helps keep things organized. As for the NBA? I could not care less about whether they have a season or not, but for the small businesses downtown who thrive with the local team has home games. Basketball is so not my sport! LOL

6. B.E Sanderson
      · November 14th, 2011 at 7:44 pm · Link

My blogger dashboard tells me when you have a new post up, so no worries.

Trying to focus on the good things that happened this weekend… I wrote about 5600 words and only have about 8 chapters left to re-write. My team won. I finished reading a book. My new recipe for raspberry yogurt cheesecake bars turned out better than I thought. Oh, and the weather was nice.

7. Jenn
      · November 14th, 2011 at 9:02 pm · Link

Silver, great on the RSS feed. I should be so organized :-) And I see your point on the NBA lockout.

8. Jenn
      · November 14th, 2011 at 9:04 pm · Link

B.E., you’re more organized than me too! You got a lot of writing done, and you made some yummy sounding cheesecake bars! Your team winning and nice weather is a bonus.

JenniferLyon.com