Archive for January, 2018
Next Page »
Monday, January 22nd, 2018
I may have overdone it a little after my epidural procedure. Friday I cleaned a bit, then Saturday was a marathon long day with a wedding nearly 2 1/2 hours away from us. But the wedding was beautiful, my niece looking like a magical Disney princess, and she married a man who truly loves her. We are thrilled for her, and very proud of them. We also got to see out-of-state family, including a great-nephew. It was joyous on so many levels.
Maggie survived her doggy sleepover. We missed her, but boy, am I grateful we have a place to leave her where she’s safe and cared for. She gets along with the other dogs, but doesn’t really engage in play. That’s fine too.
Sunday I was sore and exhausted from going nonstop after the epidural (which, unsurprisingly, swelled and bruised at the injection site), so I was forced to take it easy for a day. I suspect today will be much better and I’ll be back to writing and causing trouble:-)
That was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, January 19th, 2018
I had the epidural procedure late yesterday afternoon. I had light sedation and was relaxed but awake through the procedure, and that made recovery a breeze. This specific shot is targeting the pain running down my arms. We have to address the pain symptoms separately, and see what works and what doesn’t. I’m happy to be moving forward and trying to find solutions. Right now, the sorest part is my right hand from the IV
Tomorrow we have my niece’s wedding, and I’m boarding Maggie again at doggy daycare Sunday I hope to work, even if it’s only a few hours.
So what are weekend plans? Whatever it is, I hope you have a great one!
Wednesday, January 17th, 2018
It’s hump day and you know that that means–it’s time to bring out our Wednesday Worthy Candidate:
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, January 15th, 2018
The baby shower turned out fantastic! Here’s a picture of the safari cupcake table. The picture is a little dark but you get the idea.
The whole shower was a family group effort and a blast! Special K and CPA Boy were both there (CPA Boy never misses a chance to be in the limelight, LOL!) It really was a special day to celebrate the baby. I’ll share more photos on my Facebook page today or tomorrow.
Yesterday Maggie and I went on an extra long hike in the hills. It was a warm, beautiful morning and we got carried away going farther than we should But these walks are also part of my overall health plan to get as strong as I can in case I end up having to have neck surgery down the road. I will do everything I can to avoid it, but I’m going to be in the best shape I can manage if it comes to that. Maggie is a big motivator too. She loves to for walks and hikes.
Now I just need to cut out the junk food. Maggie isn’t much help there.
Today I’m writing!
How was your weekend?
Friday, January 12th, 2018
This new year has started off at hyper-speed. It’s Friday again! So let’s do our random five things about our week
- First up, the mudslide devastation here in Southern Ca is pretty grim, but at least we’re having a warm spell to help with the recovery (or rescue if that’s still possible) and assessing the damage.
- Maggie is a sun dog. She’s finds any spot of sunshine and claims it as her own This is AFTER she’s convinced me that we must go on the dirt trails the day after heavy rains…which means I’m tramping through mud and rocks like I did when I was a kid (I was a tomboy). I’m regressing…LOLOL! I’m also very careful so I don’t fall and break my ankle Wizard would NEVER let me live that down.
- I’ve already mentioned I’m writing a few hours a day. This is huge and I’m excited. I love this book, but for a few months there, I just creatively shut down, plus the pain prevented me from sitting at the computer long enough to think. I don’t know how long this manageable level of pain will last, but I’m embracing it for as long as it does.
- Not sure I’ll get the epidural procedure next Thursday or not. For some mysterious reason, our health insurance changed all the member numbers in the new year, and that’s created a ripple wave of headaches. I talked to my pain doctor staff today and they are trying to push it through. But if I have to wait, I’ll see if we can get me in for more trigger point shots to keep me going. I’m thinking positive.
- Tomorrow is Special K’s baby shower. I love how the family has come together to work on this. I hope Special K enjoys it! I’ll try to remember to take pictures, but I usually have my phone in my purse and never think to do it until later. I’m really looking forward to being a grandmother!
So that’s my week, not it’s your turn to share your Friday Five. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 10th, 2018
I’m finally able to work a few hours a day! Fingers crossed that this will last!
The sad news is that we’ve finally had much needed rain in Southern Ca, but due to the wildfires in late 2017, there has been a serious mudslide in one of the burn areas that’s killed at least 13 people and injured 25 as I’m writing this blog last night. That number will likely rise.
Today’s Wednesday Worthy candidate is a tribute to the hardworking rescue/first responders out there in the cold and rain trying to pull victims out of the floods and mudslides.
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, January 8th, 2018
We had a weekend? Did I blink? It was another busy one. Wizard and I are once again trying to find family room furniture we like, and that will fit out awkward space. So frustrating when we have money set aside to buy the furniture but can’t find what we want!
Yesterday I headed to my son and soon to be daughter-in-law’s house to work on shower crafts for Special K’s baby shower next weekend, and talk about wedding plans for them. Guess who I got to see while there?
It’s baby Jett! Who, obviously, isn’t a baby anymore. He must be about two now, and he has such a sweet, lovable face (and disposition)!
I’m making a little progress on SAVAGED DEVOTION too.
So how was your weekend?
Next Page »