Friday, June 9th, 2017
Let’s share 5 random things about our week!
- Insomnia is dogging me this week, and I just want to say, Thank God for my Kindle. I read or watch You Tube videos. If I’m not watching puppy videos, then I love Trevor Noah and John Oliver (This isn’t political, they just amuse me at 2 a.m.)
- I love our pool, but the salt system is giving Wizard fits right now. And it’s not cheap. However, Wizard is fantastic at troubleshooting this, so he’ll get it fixed. This stuff really falls under normal maintenance for a pool, but it’s still annoying and I’m very glad I don’t have to deal with it.
- My son called yesterday to tell me all about his trip to Tahiti. For awhile as he talked, I wished I was in Tahiti with a Mai Tai. I don’t think I’ve had a Mai Tai in decades but it sounds tropical. However once my son told me how long it took to travel to Tahiti, and how tired they were once they arrived, I remembered why I don’t travel to exotic places — I’m too lazy. I’ll just have a frozen margarita in my backyard
- I bet Wizard a lunch and he lost! But this is bad news for me. My GP’s office screwed up, not getting the right referral so I can see an orthopedic for my shoulder. This is insane people. Seriously. I had two phone calls with them today trying to make them understand they referred me to my regular rhematologist not an orthopedic. They swore they’d check into it and call back. I told Wizard, “I bet you a lunch tomorrow they don’t call.” Of course they didn’t call back as promised, so Wizard has to eat lunch at home tomorrow. Good thing I’m just in pain rather than seriously sick. And really, I’m okay, but there are people whose lives depend on better care than this. I worry about them.
- In good news! Both me and my team (my assistant, Anna and my formatter, Amy) have been working our butts off, and we have SAVAGED VOWS up for pre-order! Seeing both these books up for pre-order represents almost a year of work for me, and is tangible proof that I’m accomplishing what I set out to do! For so long, I wasn’t sure if we’d pull this off. In addition to Anna and Amy, also want to thanks my cover artist, Jaycee DeLorenzo, my editor Sasha Knight and my copy editor Kimberly Cannon. I’m very fortunate to work with an extraordinary team. Now I just have to get Savaged Devotion written in record time with a crappy shoulder. I love a challenge, LOL!
Okay that’s my Friday Five. Time to share yours! I really do enjoy reading them Have a great weekend everyone!
Wednesday, June 7th, 2017
It’s hump day! Let’s have some fun with a Wednesday Worthy Towel Challenge. We have three candidates vying to win the title of Towel Worthy!
Candidate Number 1
Candidate Number 2
Candidate Number 3
So who do you vote for in our Towel Worthy Challenge–Candidate 1, 2 or 3?
Monday, June 5th, 2017
I can’t believe it! Two more weeks until Savaged Dreams is released! Liza and Justice will go out into the world. One of the advance review (on Netgalley) says;
…holy shit this book was absolutely mesmerizing and there was no way on Earth I could put it down!!
All the work, sweat, insomnia and gut cramping worry is worth it when I see an honest review like that! Savage Dreams is up for pre-order now, and book 2, Savaged Vows will be up for pre-order soon, probably in a week.
Book 3 is currently torturing me. But this is what happens when I have too many balls, and decided throw them all up in the air.
Then set the on fire.
Oh and did I mention the fiery balls are rigged them with an explosive device so if one of them hits the ground…
And there I am on the ground, staring up a dozen flaming balls arcing toward me. And somehow I have to catch them all. But you know, no pressure…Bwhahahaha!!!
Anyhow…in good news, tonight Wizard and I are meeting a friend at a wine bar for Martini Madness.
How was your weekend?
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
I saw my doctor yesterday for my arm/shoulder/neck pain…and it’s more specialists and increasing meds. Hello? I’m not going to just mask this with pills. We’re pretty sure it’s a pinched nerve, among other things. The x-rays showed some problems with my neck, but nothing in my arm and shoulder. So now I wait for more referrals.
I was frustrated when I got home. Wizard, however, had the solution. Right after dinner, he left then returned with these:
Two extra-large Hershey’s chocolate bars. The man is crazy but in the absolute best way! He always knows how to cheer me up and make me laugh.
So what gesture cheers you up?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017
Wizard and I had a really nice Memorial Day. We stayed home, indulged in a margarita in the Jacuzzi then cooked lobster together. The lobster came out perfect.
And now I’m back to panicking on book 3. It’s time to just type and remember what Nora Robert’s says:
Okay and here’s our Wednesday Worthy Candidate. I can’t remember if I posted him before or not (and if so, I think he’s worth reposting!)
So what do you think, is he worthy? And how was your weekend?
Monday, May 29th, 2017
Here in the U.S., Memorial Day is a day when we pause to honor our servicemen and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Thank you to the fallen. Your bravery humbles me.
Thank you to the families. Your sacrifice breaks my heart.
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Happy Friday! Time to share five random things about our week. Let’s do this!
- One of my sons and his wife are off to Tahiti. They REALLY deserve the vacation, but I’m surprised they forgot to take me. Kind of rude, right?
- And this is Jett, middle son’s puppy, at the RC (Radio Control) car track. Jett’s almost a year old and obviously totally into RC Car Racing. Or maybe he just wants to chase the cars on the track
- My shoulder sucks. I whined on FB so I’ll spare you all here.
- I’m getting some amazing feedback on Savaged Dreams (book 1) from early reviews, and on Savaged Vows (book 2) from editors, but the final book Savaged Devotion book 3 is being a total nightmare to get started. True story, though: Wizard said, “There’s no way you can write a first draft in 6 to 8 weeks. And me? I said “Put on the coffee, dude, this is happening.” So I guess now I have to make it happen???? Damn. I’ll be writing but butt off despite this blasted shoulder/neck/arm thing.
- Tomorrow we’re heading out to Middle Son’s to celebrate his birthday. I’m making lemon pound cake. I can’t wait–we always have fun with them.
Monday is Memorial Day in the U.S. so it’s a long weekend here. Whatever you’re doing this weekend, have a great one! But before you do, share your Friday Five.