I’m getting windburn from the speed of the weeks whizzing by! So here we are at Friday again, and it’s time to list five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- Wednesday I saw my pain doctor. The second shot was not “magic” but it made a little progress. However the pain doctor said she could visually see I am still in pain and was not surprised I’m not sleep more than a couple hours at a stretch. So she a series of trigger point shots. I think it was nine or so, but I honestly lost track. A few of then really stung, and a few were just a pinch. They’ve already helping with some of the knotting and spasming. The pain doctor expects them to alleviate one more “layer” of pain, leaving what she calls bone deep pain. If that’s true, then we’ll switch to another shot treatment to address that. It’s truly that complex, particularly since I have RA What’s really good about this pain clinic is they hear what I say, and notice things like I’ve lost weight (mostly intentional) and my blood pressure is low (serious lack of sleep). The negative is the shots aren’t always easy. This shows one of the bruises two days after the shots. That one bruise is the worst.
- Today I finally have my long-awaited appointment with the audiologist (hearing doc) for a full range hearing test. I’ve been experiencing pretty significant tinnitus for almost a year now. There’s a slim chance it could be related to the nerve problems in my neck, a greater likelihood that I might be losing some or all of my hearing, or it could be something else. Once we have the results, then I’ll see an ENT. I’m so tired of doctors. I know they are all trying, but most days, I just live my life and ignore everything else.
- The new living room tables came Wednesday. They are a rustic wood, and we like then, but we want to try to whitewash them to a lighter, distressed finish. Wizard is doing all the research on that since he knows a little bit about refinishing. The tables weren’t expensive, so we think it’s worth a shot. Here’s the coffee table now:
- Wizard had his post op appointment and the stitches removed. He’s doing great. I won’t get into his details, but I want to say this–we often denigrate and make fun of cosmetic surgery and surgeons as frivolous and vain. But this highly-trained surgeon used a “cosmetic” procedure that dramatically improved Wizard’s quality of life that was being affected by a very rare and little known condition. I just want to give a huge shout out to the amazing people out there in the medical and research fields who ignore all the white noise of ignorant, and sometimes smug, criticism and make a big difference in lives every damn day. We are very grateful. Truly.
- I’m seeing Biker Witch (my sister) today after my hearing test thing. I’m looking forward to that and inhaling some carbs. This weekend, I plan to hunker down with Maggie and write.
No real news yet on the Grandbaby watch yet:-) It’s a bit early still, but we’re all jumping when the phone rings anyway!
Okay that’s my week, now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five! I hope everyone has a great weekend.