TGIF!! Okay here’s five quick and random things from my week
- Thursday morning I was downstairs having coffee about 6: 45 in the morning when someone knocked on my door. Because I was dressed in pajamas, robe, wild hair and my super stylish soft collar, I looked out the window before answering and saw a police officer. Sigh. Since it was the fourth day of rain, I knew why he was there. To his credit, he didn’t even flinch when I answered the door looking frightful (trust me on that!). He calmly informed me he was there with an evacuation order and a lot more rain was on the way. However, he told us we could “shelter in place” which meant it was super dire, and we chose to do. As I’m writing this in the evening, it looks like the worst has passed by, and we should be fine. A final comment, I really appreciate the police coming by and notifying us. The officer was nice and helpful. I was never annoyed at him, a cop at my door before 7am is just not my preferred way to start the day
- Sad news. My sister, Biker Witch and her husband, Biker Hubby, had to say goodbye to their beloved dog on Wednesday. They had her more that 12 years. I’m not sure how old she was when they got her from a rescue, I think about 3 or 4. She had a great life, but it’s so heartbreaking when you have to make a really tough but loving decision and say goodbye. My heart aches for them. And I sincerely hope that if/when that day comes with Maggie, that I will be as brave and strong as were when they did what was best for their beloved dog.
- My book has been a version of Groundhog Day Hell this week, but I will prevail! Fighting with characters and story is normal for me, and I’m glad to in the battle again.
- I’m reading BENEATH A SCARLET SKY, a novel based on a true story about Italy in WWII. My reading has been really eclectic in the last couple months to say the least.
- This afternoon, I’m going wedding dress shopping with Youngest’s finance, her mom and I’m not sure who else. I’m excited that she included me. She’s going to be beautiful no matter what she chooses. And I also really like her mom so it’s a win-win.
That’s my five, now I’d really love to hear five random things about your week! I hope you all have a great weekend!