TGIF! Okay here are five random things about my week:
- I’ve been making my gym goal every week, but today I have to skip because my arm and shoulder are cranky. Some of it is tendonitis that flared up in my elbow. I knew Monday I should make the doctor’s appointment to get the shot I need, and I didn’t follow through. Then yesterday afternoon I tried to get an appointment, but they were booked. Totally my fault for ignoring and procrastinating. I’ll take care of it after our vacation. It really won’t bother me much in Hawaii because I won’t be doing the repetitive motions, or lifting weights, that irritate it so I’m not worried about that.
- This weekend, Turbo should be coming over to visit!
- I’m so tired of not writing, or writing and not getting anywhere. But I’m focusing on Hawaii, then the book. I’m going to have to make some work-rules too, so that (1) I actually work, and (2) don’t get interrupted when I’m on a roll. I’m pretty sure Wizard will cooperate once I tell him, but Maggie…not so much, LOL! And I have to admit for the first time in my life, Writer’s Block is a thing. It’s a thing I’m conquering, but still–it’s a thing. There I said it.
- Maggie looks so cute and peaceful sleeping while I write this quick blog after dinner on Thursday night. She’s been lizard-hunting all day in the backyard and worn herself out.
- Mother’s Day is a week from Sunday. My rose-bush that my sister-in-law gave me when my mother passed many years ago is blooming, and it always makes me smile and think of my mom. That single rose-bush has brought me years of memory-smiles. Interestingly, I went to my mom’s gravesite a couple of times but felt nothing. I look at a single bloom on that rose-bush and feel everything.
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear 5 random things about your week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!