TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things around our week.
- So the news about Youngest Son (BLB). He and his fiance have bought a house! It closes this week, and they’ll get the keys on Sunday night. We are so danged thrilled for them! Youngest Son has been renting a room for years now, and saving money. We are bursting with pride for this kid! Both he and his fiance have worked hard to get to this point, and they absolutely love the house–an existing 3 bed, 2 bath home with a pool and jacuzzi! They are having a wonderful, and well-deserved good year with buying their first house and getting married in November! One added note, Youngest told me that he’s putting a fence around the pool ASAP for all the kids in the family, and to make sure Fiance’s two dogs are safe. That’s my boy! Money will be tight, but the safety of their family and pets is a priority.
- Our car is in the shop at least until sometime next week. It’s being repaired from the car accident caused by the other, uninsured, driver last week. Being down to one car is a pain, but at least Wizard’s not still working–that would have been a major problem. This is just a little inconvenient.
- My washing machine is screwing with me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a really good machine, and for various reasons I don’t want a new one. But this year, the WM (Washing Machine) has decided it will only spin when it wants too. Every other part of the cycle works great, including draining the tub. I’d say WM does this little trick about 20% of the time. But do you think we could get it to NOT spin while the repairman was here twice this week? Of course not. WM spun like a professional ballerina. LOLOL! After much research and debate, we’re going to replace a part that is the most likely culprit. Naturally he has to order the part, but it’s all good, WM works, it just adds a little mystery to my life with the Will I or Won’t I Spin game.
- I tested a shredded chicken for tacos or fajitas recipe yesterday and it was great! I’m making it into taquitos for me and Wizard, which I’m 90% sure will come out fine, but I’m writing this blog Thursday afternoon before I fry up the taquitos.
- But the real reason I’m testing the above recipe is we’re having a Family Pool Party on Sunday to celebrate my birthday. Wizard arranged it, and offered to cook, but um…I took over, LOL! I’m making shredded seasoned beef and chicken for easy fajitas after we swim. For the party, one daughter-in-law (Middle Son’s wife) told Wizard I can NOT make my own cake and she is bringing cupcakes. Love her so much for thinking of that. Wizard was going to try to make the cake, but I’m such a control freak that way, I’d have done it and she knows it. This gesture means so much to me. All our daughter-in-laws are bringing things to help out a lot. As far as the cooking I’m doing, I volunteered and enjoy it. I’ll do it all a day ahead, throw it in crock pots to reheat and forget it until we’re ready to eat. Sunday will be fun and family time. Turbo is a total water baby and I can’t wait to play with him in the pool!
So that’s some of my week, now I’d love to hear five random things about your week. Have a great weekend!