Jennifer Lyon

Monday, November 16th, 2020
Weekend Roundup

The weekend was pretty good, although my brain is spinning in so many directions, I’m a little dizzy and easily distracted. For a lot of you, this isn’t exactly Breaking News, but SAVAGED DEVOTION is out in digital form! We’re working on the print edition, and it should be on Amazon soon.

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

Apple Books

Kobo

Google Play

I also have an excerpt from SAVAGED DEVOTION up today on the Slice of Orange Blog (hopefully that link works, it wasn’t live when I set up this blog, so I couldn’t check it.

I’m so happy to have completed this trilogy and send it out into the world. We need more love that can conquer life’s challenges and thrive. And I believe that choosing to love someone means being all in, and fighting for that love. Justice and Liza took a few knocks and have some scars to show for it, but they came back stronger than ever in SAVAGED DEVOTION. I truly hope readers will enjoy their love story.

As for my weekend, on Friday we took Maggie to see Biker Witch and Biker Hubby. Of course I didn’t get pictures, but Maggie had a great time. We did too, but Maggie stole the show with her silly energetic charm. Honestly, she’s a goofball. Biker Witch and Biker Hubby keep dog treats there for all their four legged friends, and Maggie thinks they the bomb.

Otherwise, I cleaned, set up step one in a long range marketing plan that will begin next month, and sketched out the rest of the plan. I got my newsletter set up and scheduled (I hope) to go out first thing in the morning today. And Sunday morning, I poured coffee and jumped on my laptop, planning to write a new opening scene for Eli in Primal Magic, but then I started reading the scene I wrote a while ago for him, and I got hooked. I was surprised and pleased, so I should be able to move right into the next scene.

I’m making time to write today!

So that was my weekend, how was yours?

6 comments to “Weekend Roundup”

1. Silver James
      · November 16th, 2020 at 9:15 am · Link

Yup. Newsletter was in my inbox when I opened it this morning. FYI, your first chapter in DEVOTION absolutely WRECKED me! In all the best ways. 🥰 Yay for Maggie, the Biker family, coffee and getting lost in a scene. I love when that happens. Means I did something write. Here’s to writing time and more words today!

We went to a birthday party for one of the Legion Post members. Areolie (she pronounces it Ariel) is a hoot. Her family is scattered and some don’t connect so she made the Post her family. Some of her family came up from Texas to surprise her and that was awesome. We also took Jake because Ari has PTSD and he gloms on to her. Everyone there loved having him around. It was fun and sweet.

Sunday was mostly laid back. LG had another Legion thing across town–in an official capacity as a district officer. I stayed in, did laundry, and finally got my words in. I’m averaging just over 2K a day and still have a finish date of the 20th to hit my 50K. I’ve made myself cry three times now. I need to get some more laughs in. The story seems to be flowing and I like the way things are going.

OH! Long story, I’ll try to make it short. The Post does a “Coffee with a Vet” on Wednesday mornings–for vets, their families, and the community. The commander contacted Black Rifle Coffee Company to see if they’d donate to the cause. BRC is vet-owned and operated. They sent a box of free coffee, which got mis-delivered. So they sent another box. Then the first box turned up. There was sooooo much coffee! LG decided to join their “coffee club” as way to say thanks and support them. We got our first bag of their Freedrom Roast and wow! It is totally worth the price. So, if anyone is looking for gifts for coffee drinks, give Black Rifle a look-see. Totally tasty!

Off to other things now. Have a great week, everyone!

2. Viki S.
      · November 16th, 2020 at 4:29 pm · Link

Congratulations on the release of SAVAGED DEVOTION. I just started it and it’s GREAT!!!!!

Sounds like Maggie had a good weekend. She loves going to Biker Witches house.

Our weekend was very windy. There are trees down and roads closed all over. Can’t drive through to anywhere right now. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some shopping done.

Have a great afternoon.

3. Jenn
      · November 16th, 2020 at 5:45 pm · Link

Silver, thanks! I’m hoping readers like it :-) I got no real words down today because I’m letting distractions distract me. But most of the heavy lifting now is done SAVAGED DEVOTION so hopefully I’ll get words in soon.

Areolie sounds like a great gal, and Jake obviously agrees. I love how much Jake responds to those suffering from PTSD. He’s a special dog bringing peace and comfort to folks.

Love that you’re getting the words in and you made yourself cry in some scenes!

What a great story about the coffee. I took a quick look at their website. Always good to have resources for coffee! And they move up on my list for their generous caring.

Hope your Monday is going well!

4. Jenn
      · November 16th, 2020 at 5:48 pm · Link

Viki, thank you! Naturally, I’m holding my breath hoping readers like it. My worry surprises no one, LOL!

Maggie loves everyone, but she really does love going to Biker Witch’s or when they come here.

Wow you guys had serious winds. I must have missed that on my news feeds. I hope no one was hurt, and the roads are cleared soon.

Happy Monday!

5. B.E. Sanderson
      · November 16th, 2020 at 8:15 pm · Link

Ack. I could’ve sworn I stopped here this morning, but apparently not. SD is awesome! I loved it and splashed my love around everywhere I could think of. I hope all your readers for the other two come back and read this AND that you get a bunch of new readers.

It was a weekend. Sitting around eating brownies and reading. I lead an exciting life. LOL

6. Jenn
      · November 17th, 2020 at 12:05 am · Link

B.E., It’s possible you did, and your comment got loss in an update that was done today. I was just notified of the update early this morning. Or, like me, you did it in your head, but not in reality :-)

Thank you so much for the reviews! I saw it on Amazon and Goodreads. I’m touched and thrilled!

I’m craving brownies! I bet yours were full of homemade awesomeness!