TGIF! Time to jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- You may have seen this on my social media already: I have an assistant again! I’ve worked with Carla a few years back, and am pleased to be working with her once more. She smart, energetic and full of ideas. Carla is the owner and operator of Everything Romance Blog and Everything Romance Promotions.
- The funny thing about having an assistant–it’s more work in the beginning. I knew this from experience, but let’s just say Carla’s amazing and I’m out of breath trying it keep up, LOL! All joking aside, I had planned to wait until I was deeper into this book to prove to myself I could do it before taking on an assistant. But when a good opportunity comes around, the wise woman takes it. And gets her butt in the chair and writes the dang book.
- In Weird & Cool Finds news. I was searching old emails looking for something I can’t even remember now, and found an entire paranormal proposal (a proposal is a synopsis, three chapters and mini-outlines for several character’s stories) that I’d sent to my editor. I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about it. I didn’t have it stored in my normal files of books either. This had been a big deal at the time, and my agent was submitting this proposal to editors, so how I did just forget? What I think happened was I sold another contemporarily series to Entangled and had started writing The Plus One Chronicles to self-publish, so we set this paranormal one aside. And then I changed computers, and for some reason, this series wasn’t transferred over to the new one. In any case, I have it all in a folder now. I don’t know what I’ll do with it, but I have it to either finish or rewrite at a later date.
- I’m scheduled to get my second Covid shot tomorrow. I’ve spent the week getting stuff done just in case I have a reaction. I had no reaction to the first one other than a sore arm. My hope is that I have little or no reaction to this one and can log in some real writing time. This book needs my full, focused, crazy-eyed attention.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch to hang out for a few hours and really looking forward to that. I would love to see Turbo this weekend too, but I have to see if I have a reaction to the shot first. I can take time off from writing next week to see him too, but I’m getting really torn between the whole having a life thing and writing this book. Can’t I just have a few more hours and extra energy five or six days a week????? I’m mean, sure, I’d probably waste them on Google or watching dog videos, but who knows, I might actually write a book. Where do I put in my request for extra hours and energy?
That’s my five random things, now I’d REALLY love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!