So I’m not much for TV anymore. I mean I watch stuff like vet shows, baking or cooking, House Hunter or flip shows, or some kind of crime drama or real crime show. But mostly, I leave the remote in Wizard’s hands and do something else.
My free time obsessions right now:
- Maggie. both Maggie and I love staring our day with a walk. Even a short ten-twenty minute walk stars my day off right.
- Yoga. I can’t do much weight lifting and morning, and Yoga is working for me at this time in my life. I’m shocked how much I’m enjoying it now, but wait a month and that could change. In addition to the carefully-spaced practices I do, I love watching Yoga instruction videos, I guess hope that I’ll improve more by osmosis?
- Cake decorating. Love it. I did some very armature decorating many years ago when the kids were small, but now I’m watching endless video tutorials on more modern cakes, and mentally designing them. I’m going to do a Nutella chocolate cake for my daughter in late for her birthday in August. That will give me an idea if I can physically do it (it’s more work than one might think). I may do a lactose free Oreo cake for my youngest son just because it will be fun. (Did you know regular Oreos are lactose free????) I kind of want to learn fondant but have been hesitating because it’s a skill that’s going to require a lot of practice, and possibly, my hands and shoulder won’t be able to hand the kneading and rolling required. Plus I need a lot of new stuff, LOL.
- Women’s Elite Gymnastics. I love it, and I’m excited for the Olympics. I like the whole women’s team (Simone Biles is utterly amazing!) and am really rooting for MyKala Skinner since I’ve been following her YouTube channel for a while now. She’s sort of a very experienced and skilled underdog, so I’m hoping she can come one awesome medals.
- General baking; cookies are my go-to as making cookies relaxes me and they are much faster than doing cakes decorating, which requires many steps with chilling or setting time in between. I can obsess about finding recipes or redesigning them.
- Right now, Eli and Savi’s story in Primal Magic is my writing obsession, and I’m trying to keep all the other wing slayer hunters and other types of books I want to write quiet. Plus I have to limit my time on the computer–I refuse to resent that, and instead, embrace a chance to have other free-time hobbies.
- I want to say reading, but reading have most been frustrating lately. It’s a phase that will pass, and I’ll be obsessed again
I think those are the things I generally get the most obsessed about right now. How about you?