TGIF! Boy this week! But it’s all good, and now it’s time to share five random things about our week.
- We hit some stress this week and as a result, my house is clean That’s the good news. The bad news is I ate cookie dough. And to make it worse, it was some left over store bought cookie dough I happened to have in my fridge, LOL. It was only one piece because I have standards, and my stomach had serious hard limits that it strictly enforces. If it had been home made, then I’d be in more trouble. And probably sick due to previously mention limits.
- The stress is resolved. This is normal stuff in the process of selling a home. We will see what happens next week.
- I can’t honestly remember much else about this week. I did yoga. I cleaned. I desperately wanted to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but am trying to resist because we’ve had enough junk. By the way, I still love yoga.
- Oh, on yoga. A week or two ago, Wizard walked by when I was doing some poses. He sees me doing this all the time, but this time, he commented on being impressed. Not because I’m good, I’m really not. But he could see the progress I’d made and how the core and balance work paid off so I could hold a tricky balance pose. I know this is a tiny thing, but having him randomly see and recognize that meant a lot to me. Mostly, thought, I’ve been doing yoga for my own joy.
- I took Maggie to the vet yesterday for the mass on her belly. For the first time in my experience since I switched vets, they were using their “Covid Protocol”. I was unsure what to expect, but it was easy. They have a courtyard in front of their office, there’s chairs and benches, and they have a sign in sheet. Super easy. It was hot, but we could get up and walk around, find shade, etc. All the dogs were well behaved and the cats were in carriers or being carried. The tech came out to get Maggie, took her in, and the veterinarian brought her back out. My stomach clenched when I saw the vet because up to then, I hadn’t seen a vet come outside. But it’s not bad news. Maggie’s mass is either a lipoma (fatty mass that we just watch) or a small hernia. The vet couldn’t manipulate the wall behind the mass to tell for sure. However it’s not urgent at this point. The vet assured me it’s fine to just watch it for now. And together, we developed a plan to remove it when she has her teeth cleaned next time, and if the vet finds a hernia then, she’ll repair it. I feel so much better. And I appreciate so much that the vet came to go over it with me. She gave me specifics to watch for that (if they happen) will make it urgent, but for now, Maggie’s in good shape. Also we discussed her over health which is also very good for her age.
That’s my five. We aren’t sure about our weekend plans yet as it’s been a weird and hectic week so we’ll see. Now I’d really love to hear about your week! Have a great weekend!