Wednesday, February 14th, 2018
This year, Valentine’s Day landed on Wednesday Worthy, so let me ask you this: For Valentine’s Day would you rather spend it with:
A sexy hunk?
or Adorable Puppies?
Which do you choose?
Wizard and I are spending a quiet Valentine’s Day. He’s much better, but the cough is still hanging on, so we’ll stay home. I may get wild and make a few chocolate dipped graham crackers, but that’s about as much celebrating as we’ll do. We have a big weekend coming up, so we’re not really missing out. Hope you all have a great Valentine’s Day!
Monday, February 12th, 2018
Wizard is getting better. The cough is hanging on like they tend to do, but he’s definitely improving overall. His mom is sick with this stuff too and ended up with a mild bout of pneumonia that landed her in the emergency room. She’s resting at home now, and Wizard’s brother is there helping.
I have to stay healthy. Next weekend is a busy one! One of my almost daughter-in-law’s invited me to go wedding dress shopping on Saturday. I thrilled and really want to go! It’ll be fun with her mom and relatives. Then on Sunday we’re planning to have Youngest Son and his fiance over for his birthday.
And a funny sidenote. Maggie doesn’t get into anything she’s not supposed to. The only thing I’ve ever her seen her do is steal one of my socks from the laundry basket a couple different times, and the second I call her name, she drops it. It’s pretty cute Now while Wizard’s been sick, he’s been using the afghan his mom made him decades ago to sleep in the day. It’s folded up on a chair in our bedroom. Last night while brushing my teeth, I saw a blur in the bathroom mirror. When I went to the bedroom to investigate, Maggie had stolen the afghan off the chair and dragged it across the room, out into the hallway and to the top of the stairs. As soon as I said “Maggie.” She dropped it and shot downstairs to suddenly become Wizard’s best friend. I have no clue what her plan was, LOL! These small signs of spirit make me happy. She’s not doing anything destructive, she’s just feeling playful or mischievous, and that shows she’s more secure in her home these days. And this is the first time she’s taken something of Wizard’s, I suspect it reflects her slowly growing bond with him.
Although Wizard fears she may be secretly trying to move him out of our room
I got some hours in on writing. I’m not saying too much about it because I’m focused on doing the work when I can around my current limitations and not making promises until it’s done.
That was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, February 9th, 2018
TGIF!! And time to post our five random things from our week. Here’s mine:
- Wizard started getting a little better from the crud yesterday. I suspect it’s going to be Monday before he feels pretty well, and of course, the cough will hang on. It’s been a long week. I’m not letting him do anything if I can help it. Maggie’s been so cute, when he goes upstairs to lay down, she checks on him every half hour or so. First thing in the morning when I let her out of her kennel, she checks on him too.
- I refuse to get sick!
- Today I have to get up 5:30am to make an 8am blood work appointment (trust me, So Cal traffic turns a 20 minute drive a nightmare! And I need to take care of Maggie before I leave). Then, hopefully, I’ll make a 9am mammogram just up the road from the blood test. If I get these two things accomplished today, I will be pleased. (Both tests are routine).
- My nails are a mess. I’ve set money aside to get them done, but it always ends up to taking a couple of hours and I just can’t endure sitting there for that long when I could be getting in some writing time, or really, anything more productive. Maybe I’ll get them done this weekend, or just cut them all. Life’s too short
- I’m writing in the days, but wear out by late afternoon and night when the ringing in my ears gets obnoxious. Still I’m doing better than I was and I’ll take any progress!
That’s my remarkably boring Friday five, now it’s your turn to share yours!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Wednesday, February 7th, 2018
Wizard has a cold and cough. He’d been having a mild on-again, off-again cold/sinus thing for almost two weeks, but it wasn’t really any big deal. It just turned overnight and Monday morning he woke up coughing. Poor guy! He’s being smart though, resting and doing all the things he should, so hopefully, he’ll get better soon.
I have the sniffles, but nothing that’s slowing me down. I’m planning to keep it that way
Now onto our Wednesday Worthy Candidate.
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, February 5th, 2018
It was another un-crazy weekend for me, which I so appreciate! I can’t even remember what we did Saturday, just normal stuff. Sunday, my sister, Biker Witch and her Biker Hubby came to visit for a while. Maggie was thrilled to have company! But she was a little sad that she didn’t get to go for a ride in their snazzy new SUV After they left, Wizard went to his brother’s to watch the Superbowl and I stayed home with Maggie.
I spent some time writing too.
Just for fun, here’s a picture of my oldest son, CPA Boy, at a Spartan Race (It’s a BRUTAL 8 miles race with obstacles that would have made me cry or run for the nearest donut shop).
I love watching the concentration on his face. That’s what I’m working on regaining in my work! Until half way through last year, I had that same focus, and I’ll get it back again! And yes, CPA Boy completed the Spartan Race
So that’s my weekend, how was yours?
Thursday, February 1st, 2018
I’ve been bad this week. I’ve now racked up one Blog-Tardry on Monday (that one I have an excuse for since my website was down when I tried to post), and one Blog-Absent on Wednesday (totally unexcused, I just blanked). But I’m here on Friday! So lets cover five random things about our weeks!
- I’m judging the RWA RITA Contest again this year, and I’ve read four of my seven entries. And you know what? Three have been good, and one readable just not my thing (but I can fairly judge it). After two years in a row of getting less than stellar entries, this year has been a pleasure so far.
- I joined Weight Watchers. Yeah…who else wishes they were me???? LOLOL!! I just want to get rid of a few pounds, and I like WW as it forces me to be more aware of what I’m eating. But still….kind of sucks to be me, right? No worries, though, I scrimp and save points to have wine with Wizard while we cook. I mean let’s not get crazy here.
- Speaking of wine, Wizard just brought me a glass while I’m writing this blog, and said, “Poor Maggie is hungry. How long do I have to wait until I feed her?” I laughed, because the dog is playing him by simply sitting there and looking sad with her big brown eyes. But I said, “You can feed her whenever you want.” Then when he was walking away, I fake-coughed the word, “Wuss!” He snort-laughed.
- Two doctor appointments this week sucked up way too much time. Both were good appointments. My new GP is on top of everything. I don’t need a neurosurgeon consult yet, I do need a hearing test due to the tinnitus (ear ringing), and my RA is pretty stable. Yay. And the pain specialist is encouraged with the minimal but important improvement, and we’ve scheduled another epidural procedure on March first. That will be followed up by trigger point shots two weeks after that, then we’ll re-evaluate. It’s a relief to be getting some help here. It’s not magic but it’s very hopeful.
- I’m writing again, it’s slow, and I’m still working on developing ways to write without pain, but happy to be making progress!
That’s my week, now I’d really love to hear five random things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
P.S. Wizard gave in and is feeding Maggie now
Monday, January 29th, 2018
Hey guys! My website was down last night, so I didn’t post. I planned to go back to the computer and post later, but I ended up vegging on the couch with Maggie So I’m late.
My weekend was relaxing and I really needed it. I worked some, wrote a scene I’m going to delete, and a scene I love sprang out of that misstep. This is something that as a writer I believe it…
Writing crap is the roadway to brilliance.
Okay maybe brilliance is a little strong, LOL. Brilliant storytelling is my dream. But right now, I’m just striving for the honest and real story of a romance that endures heartache and heals into a timeless love. But the road to that goal is paved with discarded words, sucky scenes or whole chapters. Once in a while there’s a scene I adored, but it simply didn’t work. However, I needed each and every word to complete the journey to The End.
As for the rest of my weekend, I’m really happy to say that despite my utter misery last week, my neck, shoulder and arm have improved. The shot appears to successfully stopped most of the pain running down my arm, and eased some of the pain in my neck and shoulders. I still have to limit my computer time, and I can’t vacuum or do certain types of activities, or turn my head a certain way. I still have stabs of pain behind my shoulder blade, but it’s a definite improvement and that’s a positive sign that the next shot will give me even more relief!
I’m continuing my walks, and Maggie and I did a killer hike on Saturday, going almost to the end of the trail through the hills:
Here’s a pic, can you see how the stairs wind through the hills? I’ve been working up to this, and am surprised my shoulder tolerated it. The shoulder’s a bit more sore today, but it was worth it! My little Maggie keeps up too! Then she crashed at home.
She’s sleeping with her back foot over her face, LOL!! She’s such a dork sometimes.
That was my weekend, how was yours?