Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Happy Hump Day! Our Wednesday Worthy candidate is Christian Boeving showing off his military style:
Picture from http://www.biggunz.us.fm/galleries/boeving/boeving17.jpg
What do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, August 21st, 2017
My weekend was average, nothing exciting to report yet. I’m working when I can but still limiting myself on the computer. Savaged Devotion is coming along slowly. How was your weekend?
Also today is the rare solar eclipse and will be visible here in the U.S. I’ll probably be at physical therapy or driving home when we can see it in California. What are you doing? Here’s a pretty picture of a solar eclipse from Depositphotos.
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Let’s do Friday Five where we talk about 5 random things from our week
- I’ve felt better the last two days than I did Tuesday as far as the headache! Yay! The rest is a constant battle, but we all just do the best we can one day at a time, right?
- Wizard thinks I’m the best wife ever Last night, I made him homemade chicken nuggets. If you haven’t done it, trust me, it’s a messy, time-consuming process. It’s probably been three or four years since I last made them for him, partly because I try to feed Wizard a somewhat healthy diet. But he’s been asking for them, so I made them. Wizard was so excited, he may have eaten too much Don’t feel sorry for him, I think he was secretly adding extra wine to my glass when I wasn’t looking to keep me happy while I was prepping and cooking. Now I’m dead tired as I’m writing this blog, which I think was part of his plan to keep me from working more tonight :-). Sneaky Wizard.
- Wizard also has a wicked bad case of car fever. The car we’re going to replace is eight years old–we keep our cars for a long time. We were originally going to wait a few more months, but it depends on how bad Wizard’s car fever gets, LOL!
- Wizard told me last night at dinner that he really misses Bailey. You know what I think? He’s softening toward the idea of getting a dog! It’ll take another six months or so, but maybe??? (And just so everyone knows, we’ll only get a dog if we’re both committed.)
- I’m making progress on Savaged Devotion! It’s slow and hard to measure because of my crazyass process, but the important thing is I’m making progress, and Justice and Liza are pushing me to finish their story. Not only do they want their love validated, but there are characters in this story that really need to be taught a lesson!
Bonus Friday Five: I need the Wing Slayers to hush up and let me finish this book before I think about Eli and his desperate need to find his mate Savi, or how Ram and Ginny can get their happily ever after!
Okay that’s my Friday Five plus a bonus. Now it’s your turn! And I hope you have a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017
Today is a quickie. Yesterday dissolved into another frustrating day with the headaches, and I’m waiting for a call back to my doctors. Let’s talk about something else So…
Is he worth talking about?
Monday, August 14th, 2017
It’s been a pretty good weekend all things considered. Wizard and I finally pulled the trigger and booked our airline tickets to go to Florida for the NINC Conference in October. It’s at a beautiful resort right on the gulf and we’re both excited. I’m going to split my time between going to workshops and hanging out with Wizard. I just hope nothing goes wrong and I can get on that plane now that we’ve bought expensive airline tickets. We still can’t get any resolution with my physical problems including nerve pain, tinnitus and queasiness which can making flying an interesting challenge. But you know, sometimes you just have to leap and hope it’ll work out.
Otherwise, I wrestled with the book and rewriting pages. I had to fix a timeline issue that I knew was going to be a problem weeks ago, but I kept fighting it. It’s so irritating when I do that! I waste more time trying to make it work instead of going back and fixing it all. I really love how Liza and Justice have both grown so much, and their love really will triumph in Savaged Devotion.
After this book is done, I plan to take a break, then I’m really looking forward to getting back into the Wing Slayer Hunter World to tell Eli’s story in Primal Magic and Ram and Ginny’s story in Fallen Magic. Frankly, I, and maybe the world in general, could use a little magic right now.
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Happy Friday! And it’s time for Friday Five where we share five random things about our week. Assuming I can remember five things…
- At dinner last night, Wizard and I got in a fight about donuts. We never fight about normal things like money or kids. Nope, we fight about donuts. Wizard has a craving and is trying to convince me that we must buy at least six or a dozen at a time. I insisted we can buy one for each of us, or just one for himself. He called me mean. This is pretty much how we fight. Then we started talking about something else and forgot we were fighting
- Wednesday I went to physical therapy again. I feel like I must warn people–when a physical therapist tells you to lay down on a table, RUN! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN! Okay it wasn’t that bad, and what’s she’s doing is necessary but…ouch, and also, good job at finding that really sore tendon the very first try, LOL!
- Why is it my characters talk nonstop to me all night long and when I’m doing anything but writing. But the second I sit down at the computer, they’re suddenly mute?
- Insomnia sucks.
- I’m going to lunch with Biker Witch today, and that’s pretty much the highlight of my weekend. Otherwise it’s me riding herd on the characters in Savaged Devotion. One day, I will tame this book, one day…
Now it’s your turn, tell me five random things about your week. And have a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
I’ve been on a cowboy reading jag lately. But when I went looking on my two stock sites that I buy pictures from, this is the best I could find:
So what do you think, is he worthy?