Monday, September 21st, 2020
Yep, there was a weekend!
I had a nice break Saturday afternoon when Wizard, me and Maggie went to middle son and his wife’s house. Wizard was helping middle son work on one of his R.C. Cars, and the two of them together managed to break it worse than when they started, LOL! Okay, the truth it was an old motor that blew up, which happens, but it’s more fun the way I tell it. In the meantime, my daughter-in-law and I sat out back with their two sweet and funny dogs, Jett and Hazel, and Maggie. It was a really nice visit.
We also did two video chats with Turbo since we didn’t see him in person. It’s pretty cool how technology can keep us connected.
The rest of the weekend, I worked, and yesterday afternoon, I finished this major revision pass. I’m pretty danged happy about that. Through this revision process I’ve deleted 57 pages, which should tighten up the book significantly and makes me feel better. I have to edit a few little things, which I’ll probably work on today. Then I’ll do another hardcore proofread/cleanup of the entire book. I’ll probably contact the copyeditor I use and see if/when she has room in her schedule.
That was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, September 18th, 2020
TGIF! Time to jump into sharing five random things about our week:
- I feel for all those suffering the damage from wind, rains and flooding from Hurricane Sally. Mother Nature needs to go on Xanax and knock this crap off.
- Next month we will have had Maggie for three years! She’s the Princess of the house and runs our lives. But she’s also such a sweet natured dog…unless she’s chasing lizards, then she’s ruthless.
- It took me an insane amount of days to come up with a rough five page scene to fix the final plot problem. I wrote several scenes but they all felt flat to me, so I deleted them because, well, that’s how I roll. I’m going to clean up the scene tomorrow, and adjust a couple other scenes to support it. Then onto editing the rest. it’s ridiculous how long it’s taken me, but my speed with come back as I regain my writing confidence.
- Here’s a picture of me with my tomato plant to show you how big my “baby” has grown. I’m casually dressed cuz it’s hot and this was a spur of the moment pic. I’ve been in a battle with bugs on this guy, but so far, I’m winning and I have several tomatoes growing.
- And here is my bell pepper plant. He’s thriving with three baby bell peppers and a lot more blooms. We’ll see if I can get any of them to maturity. If you look close, you’ll see someone photobombed this shot with her tail
So that’s my week, now I’d love to hear about yours! I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!
Wednesday, September 16th, 2020
Today these guys and gals are my heroes:
I’m proud and inspired by how hard firefighters, and all the first responders, battle beyond exhaustion. They ignore politics and the dark side of humanity to do the work to save lives, and homes, but lives come first.
Who is your hero today?
Monday, September 14th, 2020
Saturday was filled with Turbo kisses! He’s so affectionate with us now. And I love that when he gets here, he runs up the sidewalk, comes right in, says hi and just starts playing. He knows where his toys are, and what he’s allowed to play with. But boy, he was so tired after playing, going up and down the stairs, having fun with Maggie, swimming, eating chocolate and more playing. They left at 7 and he slept through until 8 the next morning.
Saturday was a bright spot in a hard week with the fires, and two police officers ambushed and shot while sitting in their car.
Sunday Wizard went racing, I struggled all freaking day with the last plot point driving me crazy. I need to nail this down today. If I can’t, I’ll be asking anyone I can find for help! A good night’s sleep might help me crack this code though.
That was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, September 11th, 2020
TGIF! Let’s go right to sharing five random things about out week:
- Today is 9/11, the anniversary of the horrible terrorist attack that killed so many innocent people in the U.S. I will always be grateful to the first responders and civilian heroes who worked so hard to help those who survived, and take respectful care of those we lost. I went to the ground zero in New York a year after the attacks and will never forget how errie and surreal it was. And I’ll just mention while I had the opportunity to pay my respects in New York, I don’t forget the people that lost their lives in at the Pentagon or the field in Pennsylvania.
- In a more cheerful note: I have baby bell peppers and tomatoes growing! I didn’t take pictures because it’s awful outside.
- By awful, I mean the smoke from all the fires in CA hang like a gloom that blocks the sun. We are not close to the fires here, that’s how bad it is. It’s not just CA, the whole West Coast is battling raging fires. Here’s a picture from walking Maggie the other morning about 6:45 am. Normally, it would be bright and clear, and I’d need sunglasses to walk toward the sun like this. It’s gotten worse in the last couple days. Everyone is feeling the effect of so much smoke, and I have a scratchy throat and burning eyes, which is not fun with contracts. Much worse, firefighters have been injured, there’ve been some deaths too. And it’s all so sad.
- I’m 3/4s of the way into the book revision and have cut well over 50 pages from the first half. I have one more plot problem to figure out how to fix, and the rest is clean up. Another week to get that done I think. Then I’ll have to go through and edit because I’ve made so many changes and moved stuff around. After that, I’ll arrange copyediting. I’m doing this, and so happy.
- The plan is to see Turbo tomorrow! With the fires, plans are subject to change, but that’s the plan while writing this.
Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Tuesday, September 8th, 2020
Sometimes Wednesday needs a cowboy:
Yea or Nay?
Monday, September 7th, 2020
Happy Labor Day to everyone in the U.S.
Our weekend was HOT. It’s a blazing 115 degrees as I’m writing this on Sunday. No fires near us, but there are major fires throughout the state. One of my kids had to cut a weekend trip short due to a fire, but they are safe (and very wise).
I got through a big scene that’s the midpoint in the book revision, and feeling good. Lots more hard work to do but I’m on track now, and determined not to get derailed again. Discipline is as important as creativity in the writing process.
And I made my first ever key lime pie: Here it is cooling before I put it in the fridge to set:
So that was my weekend, how was yours?