Thursday, November 26th, 2020
So…it’s Friday right? Okay, then it’s time to share five random things about our weeks. Here’s my randomly weird five:
- We had a lovely Thanksgiving with two of our sons, their wives and Turbo. One son had a possible second-hand exposure to Covid, and on Wednesday he called me to discuss it. He flat out told me that he worried about exposing me or his dad. My first reaction was all mom, and I said, “I’ll risk it.” My son grew frustrated and said he wouldn’t risk me or his dad if he could help it. All I could think then was, Well this is how I raised him, so I’d better damn well appreciate and respect the man he’s grown into. We missed them, but we video-called them, and will see them as soon as they get the all clear, probably in a day or two.
- Will anyone be out in the stores shopping on Black Friday? I’ve rarely ever gone out on Black Friday, but I feel for all the businesses this year and hope they can find a way to survive. Wizard and I support them where we can.
- I heard a phrase on a podcast a week ago that has stuck with me. It’s “perfectionism leads to procrastination,” and for me, it’s so true. Being a perfectionist is demanding the impossible from ourselves, and that leads us to freeze up and procrastinate.
- I’ve been making notes in a notebook on writing, business, marketing and motivation. I began typing and organizing those into some files and Whoa, I was surprised how much I had. I still have a lot more to information to get into my files.
- As I’m writing this blog on Thursday night, it’s very windy and my Internet connection is spotty. Hopefully I’ll get this posted.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a healthy and fun weekend.
Wednesday, November 25th, 2020
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U. S. For me, Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I love that it’s about being together with those you love, and remembering to be grateful. But this year is really tough for a lot of people. Many won’t be able to see their family, friends or loved ones for various reasons; the pandemic, financial pressures, and the stress of life right now. I can’t change that reality, but I can offer you this one small thing: If you’re looking for a romantic escape and haven’t read them, I have three books that are currently free in digital (e-book) format. Please note that the paperbacks are NOT free and the free digital books are free for a limited time. Here are the covers and links to their page on my website:
If you like paranormal romance, click here
If you like sexy contemporary, click here (Note: this is book one of three).
If you like very sexy contemporary novellas, click here
For all who are able to celebrate, I wish you a safe and joyous Thanksgiving. And to all my friends here, thank you so much for being a part of my life.
Monday, November 23rd, 2020
The weekend came and went. Wizard’s on the injured and cranky list. It’s probably just a back strain that will heal, but because he’s had two back surgeries, I’ve put him on restriction, hence the crankiness. Bored and Wizard do not mix well. That whole situation has kept me busy trying to stay one step ahead of Wizard so he doesn’t do anything he shouldn’t
Otherwise, I worked a little, took a class on Zoom, cleaned a bunch, and planned out what I’m taking for Thanksgiving to CPA Boy and Special K’s house. I also made Youngest Son’s cookies into bars, and they turned out better than I expected. They are such a dense dough, I wasn’t sure they’d cook well as bars. Ironically, and totally unplanned, Youngest Son just happened to come by when the cookie-bars were in the oven. He was able to taste test and approve. I froze the bars right away, and will take them on Thanksgiving (to make sure Youngest has a dessert he can eat there), then I’m going to make an apple pie and some other homemade brownies on Wednesday or Thanksgiving morning. I’m also taking green beans, so I’ll need to cook those up too.
Maggie and I took several walks, and I fretted about not writing on Primal Magic. However, I’m getting pretty caught up on stuff so hopefully I can do some writing this week.
How was your weekend?
Friday, November 20th, 2020
Hey guys! It’s Friday again, can you believe it? Time to dive into Friday Five, here’s mine:
- Maggie’s mad at me for posting this pic of her on my FB. But she’s the one who refuses to let me take pictures, so…
- Savaged Devotion is out, and thank you to all who bought it! So far, I’ve had really nice feedback, and just love my readers. Seriously, you guys have been so amazing and I appreciate each of you!
- I’m setting up a sale for next month, plus planning other promo next year and it’s getting a little confusing because I’m doing different things with different books. So I set up a sale in a publication for January, and realized I put in the wrong title, but I couldn’t get in to fix it. So I emailed them and they asked me if it was just the title or if anything I sent was wrong. I assured them it was just the title. They kindly fixed it, and all was good. That is until I woke up at 5am in a panic, suddenly wondering if it was possible that I sent the wrong book cover afterall. Because I’m compulsive, I emailed them again and asked them to double check the cover. To their credit, they were gracious and did check, but you know they wanted to smack me for being totally annoying. Hell, I wanted to smack myself. Sigh.
- I really want to do a lot more to give back to readers and writers with articles, podcasts and ways to support the goals and success of others. But. I. Am. Overwhelmed. Yet I want to do it, so I’m thinking that if I keep researching and learning, I’ll figure out a way to implement some of all of this in the first half of next year. Maybe…LOLOL!
- It’s hard to find jeans that fit!! Possibly because I’m one cookie away from all stretch pants, all the time.
Not sure what this weekend will bring. I’m clutching my to do list, and my wine glass, trying to figure it out. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope you all have a great weekend.
P.S., Can you believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving???? The holidays are here!
Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
Yesterday was one of those days where I ran around and felt like I got nothing accomplished. I pretty much hit nuclear frustration level. So today I need a hunk to provide some cheerful motivation:
What do you think, will he do?
Monday, November 16th, 2020
The weekend was pretty good, although my brain is spinning in so many directions, I’m a little dizzy and easily distracted. For a lot of you, this isn’t exactly Breaking News, but SAVAGED DEVOTION is out in digital form! We’re working on the print edition, and it should be on Amazon soon.
Barnes and Noble
I also have an excerpt from SAVAGED DEVOTION up today on the Slice of Orange Blog (hopefully that link works, it wasn’t live when I set up this blog, so I couldn’t check it.
I’m so happy to have completed this trilogy and send it out into the world. We need more love that can conquer life’s challenges and thrive. And I believe that choosing to love someone means being all in, and fighting for that love. Justice and Liza took a few knocks and have some scars to show for it, but they came back stronger than ever in SAVAGED DEVOTION. I truly hope readers will enjoy their love story.
As for my weekend, on Friday we took Maggie to see Biker Witch and Biker Hubby. Of course I didn’t get pictures, but Maggie had a great time. We did too, but Maggie stole the show with her silly energetic charm. Honestly, she’s a goofball. Biker Witch and Biker Hubby keep dog treats there for all their four legged friends, and Maggie thinks they the bomb.
Otherwise, I cleaned, set up step one in a long range marketing plan that will begin next month, and sketched out the rest of the plan. I got my newsletter set up and scheduled (I hope) to go out first thing in the morning today. And Sunday morning, I poured coffee and jumped on my laptop, planning to write a new opening scene for Eli in Primal Magic, but then I started reading the scene I wrote a while ago for him, and I got hooked. I was surprised and pleased, so I should be able to move right into the next scene.
I’m making time to write today!
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, November 13th, 2020
TGIF! Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things around our week:
- The big news is I think I have SAVAGED DEVOTION uploaded at all the sites, except for the print version which is coming later. I’ll send out a newsletter Monday, and put links here on the blog then.
- I did my plot chat with Marianne, and it was awesome. I can’t wait to get back to writing Primal Magic. I have a better feel for what I need to do. One plot problem is still bugging me, but that’s how it goes when you’re deeper in a series, and I need to stay as true as I can to the world rules and plot points already laid down in the previous books. I’m more confident I’ll figure it out.
- I bought a 2021 planner, but now I’m afraid to open it. I mean…2020 was full of mean twists, ugly turns and grim predictions. I feel like the new calendar is just daring me to write down my plans so the Trolls of the Universe can find new ways to blow them up.
- I got a new hat for walking Maggie on the foggy mornings:
- I’m going to see Biker Witch today, and Maggie has a special invitation as well. She’s thrilled, and also, she’s so spoiled. Otherwise, my weekend will be quiet, I think. I need to get my newsletter set up, I’m behind on cleaning, and, you know, the usual life stuff.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!