Friday, September 22nd, 2017
It’s the end of another week! I don’t have enough pages to show for it, but it’s been a much better week! On to our Friday Five!
- I keep meaning to ask Anna (my awesome virtual assistant) to make a graphic for Friday 5, but then forget to follow through with her no matter how many times I talk to Anna during the week. That may be a metaphor for my life lately.
- So how do you guys feel about forgiving people who hurt you? I’m working on recognizing when the situation wasn’t really about me, but the person’s own personal struggles and demons. (Thank you to Wizard and Young Son (BLB) for helping me sort this out.)
- I’m listening to a Nora Roberts audiobook WITNESS and loving it! I can’t remember the last time I read or listened to a Nora book (I’m not including her JD Robbs).
- Tomorrow morning, I go for my first pain shot. Fingers crossed it works. I’m not nervous at all as I’m writing this, tomorrow could be a different story. And if anyone is curious, I’ve decided to do it under a local block rather an IV anesthesia. Yes, I am that much of a control freak
- I have a non-writing, not family secret and it’s killing me. And nope, I’m not telling you unless (unless a chocolate bribe is involved!)
Okay that’s my random five things about my weekend, now it’s your turn to share yours!
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, September 20th, 2017
We went out to dinner with youngest son (BLB) last night, then dropped in to see Wizard’s mom and it was late when we got home. Well it was 9:00 p.m. and that’s late for me Anyway, I pulled the first guy I spotted out of my files for our Wednesday Worthy Candidate, and here he is.
What do you think?
Monday, September 18th, 2017
This week will be better than last week! You know that one relative who is usually fine but sometimes decides to create a hurricane of family drama? Yeah…let’s not do that anymore, okay? Who’s with me????
In other news, I’m writing! Savaged Devotion is taking shape. I can’t write fast enough, and I’m getting frustrated at having to stop due to my shoulder, but at least I’m writing! My plan was to keep this very short and tight third book in the Savaged Illusions Trilogy but..can anyone else hear the characters laughing their butts off as they take over the book and tell the story their way? The length is heading towards longish, but I can tighten it up in the editing process so I’m just going along with the characters.
This Thursday I finally have my appointment for the first pain shot in my cervical spine. Physical therapy has helped about 20%, at least allowing me to write and think more than I was. We (my RA doc, my physical therapist and myself) are hoping this pain shot will target that stubborn swelling causing so much of my pain and nerve problems. Then I’ll be able to push even harder in PT and hopefully make more progress. Right now my physical therapist is keeping my PT somewhat restrictive due to the swelling she can clearly feel. (Shhh…I may push just a little bit when I do the exercises at home).
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
P.S. To everyone I didn’t answer on Friday, I’m sorry! I read all the comments, I just didn’t get a chance to answer.
Friday, September 15th, 2017
And another week has flown by! Okay let’s do our Friday Five
- I have to get this book done before I go to Florida, and I’m full on panicked, hating my shoulder, constant interruptions and endless frustrations. I am getting snarly mean trying to write.
- I’ve been thinking about gumballs. I have no idea why.
- Wizard was my hero this week. He’s also driving me crazy. LOL!
- My nails are lavender.
- There are brownies in my house. BROWNIES!! There was supposed to be a reason for those brownies, but the reason didn’t show up, leaving me with chocolate decadent squares of temptation. Sigh… The good news is Wizard is eating the brownies. The bad news…he’s not eating them fast enough.
Okay that’s my Friday Five, the stressed stupid edition. Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five.
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
Yesterday was one of those days that started off fine, then went all fun house mirror weird. Since I’m still distracted trying to find my way out of the fun house, I invited two comic book heroes to help me out with Wednesday Worthy. Now your job is to figure out, who is MORE worthy?
Who do you vote for?
Monday, September 11th, 2017
I spent most of this weekend watching the news on Hurricane Irma in between trying to work on Savaged Devotion. I’m writing this blog Sunday evening, and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in Florida and up into Georgia.
Now for a some personal good news. I’ve had a secret since my birthday and I can finally share! So here’s how it went down. We had a family party for my birthday and while I was opening my gift, CPA Boy (oldest son) and his wife Special K handed Wizard a gift bag. CPA Boy said, “This is for you and mom.”
Wizard was confused. “It’s mom’s birthday.” And tried to hand it to me.
“It’s for you both,” CPA Boys insisted. “You open it dad.”
So Wizard pulled this out.
Wizard was confused, but I took one look I blurted out, “You’re pregnant!”
CPA Boy and Special K are expecting their first child! Special K is 3 months pregnant and I don’t have words for how thrilled we are. CPA Boy has already read a bunch of baby books He’s going to be a great dad, and he chose the best woman ever to be the mother of his child.
Can you tell we’re excited?
So how was your weekend?
P.S. I’m aware that it’s 9/11, and I’d like to just say this. Life goes on, but we will not forget the who were hurt, died, sacrificed or rose to be a hero in one of our most desperate of times.
Friday, September 8th, 2017
It’s Friday! Once again I’m stunned that another seven days have slid by. Let’s do our Friday 5 where we list five random things about our week
- What do you think of this for my Friday Five photo.
- I went to the dentist yesterday. All is well, except they found a small sore on the roof of my mouth that looks a tiny burn. The dentist said to his assistant, “Let’s have her come back for a recheck next week to make sure it heals,” while he had his hands in my mouth. People I’m not proud of this but I think I snarled, a little bit like a really hungry, pissed off Doberman might. Okay in my defense, all I do lately is doctor and physical therapy appointments, or chasing appointments or calling doctor offices and the insurance to find out why they aren’t doing what they are supposed to do. I’m a tad cranky about it. The dentist took one look at my bulging, bloodshot eyes and calming said, “You’re a smart woman. Why don’t you just call us next week if this doesn’t heal up?” LOLOL!! Then he said everything else was perfect and all but flew out of that room.
- FYI I’m 95% the mysterious spot on the roof of the my mouth is from eating a meringue cookie fresh out of the oven. The cookie was mostly cooled, but the chocolate chips inside were not. Wizard and I discovered that the hard way. And sadly, even after discovering that little detail, I ate a second cookie. To clarify, these are cooks made from egg whites which makes them healthy–ish
- I started ripping my book apart yesterday and I’m actually enjoying the process in a slightly gleeful, demented and scary way. I suspect it’s just admitting to the truth that medical issues got the best of me and this book is going to be late after all my promises to fans. Somehow I just stopped worrying about fighting through pain and (normal) depression, and it freed up something in my brain to let the characters tell their story. My process is always weird, but I was so busy being mad at myself and my body that I was shutting off my creativity.
- Hurricanes! Um, I think we all need to find a way to spike Mother Nature’s coffee with my left over Xanax (from my MRI) and calm things down. I really hope everyone in the path of Irma gets out-of-the-way or stays safe. As I’m typing this, it’s still headed for Florida and possibly the Carolinas. In a side note, I have my conference in Florida Oct 4th. But that’s a minor thing, I just want everyone to be safe and not lose their homes.
Okay that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! Have a good and safe weekend!