Wednesday, April 24th, 2019
Happy Hump Day! Wizard and I met a friend for dinner last night, and once we got home, I grabbed this “oldie” pic from my files:
For me, I like the dog tags, and the pensiveness of the shot. But what I really want to know is what YOU think. Is he worthy?
Monday, April 22nd, 2019
CPA Boy had a nice birthday, and Turbo liked the Easter Basket I got him He’s so much fun! Youngest Son was there too, and he tried to hog Turbo, but I pulled the Grandma card. Ha!
However, on Saturday, Youngest sent a bunch of pictures and videos of him and Turbo at the park and McDonalds. Youngest son is super sneaky, spending a big chunk of Saturday with Turbo without my knowing about it in time to crash the party. Okay, I’m teasing, there’s plenty of Turbo to go around and I do share. Sometimes.
So remember last week I ordered a dress for Youngest Son’s wedding in November? I wanted to get an early start to find the right dress after I had a hard time finding one for Middle Son’s wedding? Well, the dress arrived on Saturday, and It Fits!!!! I’m shocked. I think with the right shoes, I can even get away with not having it hemmed. I’m about 90% sure I’m going to keep it. It was a fluke I was even on Nordstrom’s Rack website looking at dresses, saw it for a killer price and ordered it. I was so thrilled!
Then Wizard told me that I looked good in it now, but I need to make sure I don’t gain any weight…
We’re going to miss Wizard.
For Easter, I met Biker Witch for lunch, which is always nice.
How was your weekend?
Friday, April 19th, 2019
TGIF! The weeks and months are racing by! I’m totally shocked that Sunday is Easter! Okay here’s five random things about my week:
- I ordered a dress for Youngest Son’s wedding in November. I’m excited for the wedding obviously! But I also wanted to get an early start after I had such a hard time finding a dress for Middle Son’s wedding. Shall we start betting how many dresses I’ll buy and return this time? LOL!!
- I booked Maggie at boarding for our Hawaii Vacay. They recognized me as “Maggie’s Mom” as soon as I walked in, which made me laugh. They were so nice, telling me Maggie does great there, and she’s one of the dogs they let “roam” the facility the most because she’s good and gets along with all the other dogs. That reassured me. Then she said, “And we all know she pees when we pick her up.” Umm…true. Maggie submissive pees, but I forget about it because she doesn’t do it at home, or with me at all, anymore. But with anyone else, yeah, she will if she’s unsure. But they’re used to all kinds of dogs with all kind of quirks, and just roll with it. Family has offered to take Maggie too, including my awesome sister, Biker Witch, and we thought about it. But we decided to keep her on the routine she knows, which is going to boarding. She always seems to have fun there.
- Today is CPA Boy’s birthday and we’re going out tonight to visit. We’ll pick up dinner, and I’m making cupcakes. I’m also taking Turbo a very small, age appropriate, Easter basket. CPA Boy just doesn’t get to be the center of attention anymore, even when it’s his birthday! That’s what he gets for giving me an amazing grandson
- Middle Son and his wife are coming home from their Tahiti vacation/honeymoon today. From our family messaging loop, they appear to be having a great time! They deserved a special trip after going through some tough times.
- Short Girl Problems: So I had bought some shorts on sale, and I was very proud of that. I bought longer shorts than I’ve worn in the past since time is marching on, and I’m doing the world a huge favor :-). But I’m also short…so all that money I saved? I’m spending it on having the shorts hemmed.
Okay so that’s my five. We didn’t make any big plans for Easter. The weekend is looking pretty quiet, so I may FINALLY try to work. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend, and Happy Easter!
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
Here we are halfway through the week! And our candidate today made my cut only because I’ve been doing this particular exercise at the gym (at very light weight).
However I don’t look like this I have zero defined muscles these days, and lean way far into Pillsbury Doughboy Territory. Which I’m totally okay with for me, my goal is recovery and healthy strength. But I can still appreciate those who have nicely defined back, shoulder and arms!
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, April 15th, 2019
It was a quiet weekend, and I enjoyed it. I tried to work–but let’s not talk about that.
Maggie is loving the nice weather and has been really enjoying the backyard. Although we’ve had to have a chat with her about good manners as in, DON’T EAT YOUR FRIENDS!
So I was out back doing some stuff and moved a trash can, a lizard ran out and Maggie caught it. Dang she’s fast! She was so happy, dancing around and showing me the lizard with his tail sticking out the side of her mouth. I, being a very calm and mature woman, spun in circles while cringing and hopping up and down, all while screaming, “Put it down! Maggie, PUT IT DOWN! NO! DON’T EAT THE LIZARD!”
She dropped it, and the little guy ran under another trash can.
Ugh. He looked okay, but I don’t know for sure and I’m not moving the trash can to find out. Maggie isn’t biting down. For her, the game is to chase and catch. But the lizards won’t play, then she gets sad. So I told her, “Don’t eat your friends, and maybe they’ll play with you.”
I don’t think she’s getting it. She’s chased three more lizards that she’d flushed out–all of which got away. Go lizards! Sigh, she’s being a normal dog and hunting the fun critters that run. I do love that she’s spending a lot of time in the backyard having fun. She never barks like most of the other dogs around us, in fact she ignores them, nor is she destructive. She either lays in the sun, “helps” Wizard BBQ, or chases lizards.
Otherwise, I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (I blame B.E. for that, and Wizard says Thank You to B.E.), spent hours looking at houses online as we’re making a long-range plan and I tend to get obsessed about things like that, and I did a bunch of normal stuff.
Today, I’m going to try to hit the gym, then hit the book for a session of Kick Butt Writing instead of this endless P&A (Procrastination & Avoidance) I’ve been doing.
So how was your weekend?
Friday, April 12th, 2019
TGIF! It’s time to share 5 random things about our week.
- The poppies, also known as the Super Bloom, have been declared dead! The city has been spreading the word, and the L.A. Times wrote a tongue-in-cheek obituary piece that I found amusing. I think my favorite line is the first two clauses in this sentence: In lieu of sending flowers, as that would be horrifically insensitive, Super Bloom enthusiasts are encouraged to donate to their favorite Lake Elsinore charity, or maybe just send a nice thank-you note to city leaders. There will still be some people who come hike the trail into the hills, and that’s fine–heck I want to hike the trail with Maggie some morning. We are just crossing our fingers that it won’t be massive crowds that the city isn’t prepared to handle.
- I’ve been to the gym on average about twice a week. If I make it there today, it’ll be three times which is my goal. Although, I’m pretty happy with twice a week right now as I slowly regain some upper body strength. Plus I walk every day too.
- I finally gave in from endless brick-and-mortar store shopping, and ordered three pairs of jeans and three pairs of shorts online. Four out of six items fit me, which isn’t too bad of odds. I’m going to return the two pairs of pants today, and once again, try some old-fashion shopping in the actual store. But I’m not holding out much hope of finding anything. My experience is usually: If I like it–they won’t have my size, or they’ll be something wrong with it.
- We went to see our grandson, Turbo, yesterday. It takes most of the day, but it’s always worth it! His daddy ordered him some washable crayons that showed up while we were there. Turbo loved the crayons, and carried two around with him while we went on walks and toddler-exploring outside. Then once back inside the house, he discovered he could put the two crayons in one of the dog dishes–and Mommy was so busy on a phone call (we were watching him so she could make the call), that she didn’t notice and stop him. Grandma and Grandpa let him play with the clean dog dish and two crayons. Best Day Ever for Turbo! They are so easily amused at this age, LOL! (FYI, Grandpa secretly checked with Mommy, and she said it was fine, she’d just wash his hands before he ate lunch. What a good Mommy!)
- Maggie swears she’s not getting gray. Um….
So that’s my Friday Five. Now I’d love to hear yours!! I hope everyone has a super-fabulous weekend!
Wednesday, April 10th, 2019
Happy Hump Day! Today my personal trainer is our candidate.
Okay, you caught me, he’s not my personal trainer But he is our Wednesday Worthy candidate this week.
So what do you think, is he worthy?