Friday, June 14th, 2019
Another Friday! Okay it’s time to share five random thing about our week.
- I found my missing chapstick! I rarely lose stuff, and this drove me out of my mind until I located the sucker. It took me two days to figure out I’d put it in the cupboard above the shelf I normally keep my chapstick on. Mystery solved!
- Monday, Maggie went with us to visit Wizard’s mom. She was a total show off. We sat in her backyard, and Maggie was a polite guest, walking around, sniffing and then going up to my mother-in-law and her husband to be petted. She didn’t jump, whine or cause any doggy-problems. I love it when Maggie shows off her manners. However, she came to us with most of her manners, so I can’t claim credit Here’s Maggie in the car on the way.
- I’ve had a cranky stomach this week. That’s not my point though. Why do people care what others eat? When I’m out to eat or at people’s homes, I quietly choose what I know my stomach will handle. But once in a while, there’s someone trying to push some food or other on me. Why? I mean I don’t want to bore everyone with my cranky stomach stories, and who wants to hear that anyway? Sometimes I just say a partial truth, ” I have to be careful due to the meds I take.” But why isn’t, “No, thanks,” enough? Now if someone made something special, that’s different, and I either eat some or tell them I wish I could but I just can’t. Those people are always gracious. It’s the people who have decided I’m picky (because I have to be, not because I want to be), or they’re trying to show off their food knowledge. It’s almost as bad as trying to push alcohol on people who don’t feel like drinking. And Oops! I guess I slid into a rant, sorry!!
- It’s been a super hot week, but yesterday was a much nicer day! Wizard, Maggie and I all appreciated it! Wizard and I went in the Jacuzzi while Maggie tried to convince lizards to come out of hiding and play with her. (The lizards did not believe her, LOL)
- This weekend, Wizard and I are going to help do a few things in CPA Boy and Special K’s new house before they actually move in. I’m looking forward to it, but poor Wizard is sore from fixing the sprinkler system at his mom’s house yesterday. He can rest today, and hopefully bounce back in time to tackle whatever projects CPA Boy and Special K need done. Plus we get to see Turbo!! Trust me that will make Wizard feel better!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019
Because I’m trying to fight through and write a scene, I chose this candidate.
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, June 10th, 2019
Yep, summer has arrived in my area! I know many of you are still dealing with rains and floods, so I don’t have any right to complain about the 100 degree heat Aside from a nagging headache (it’s sinus/allergy/neck related) and a minor knife incident, it was really good weekend!
Friday, I started to write, then had an idea. What if I made ribs and chicken on Saturday when Turbo brings out his parents? This, of course, required a trip to the store, lots of prep and, somehow, I ended up making chocolate covered graham crackers because I know how to do procrastination! Why write when I can, run around prep and cook?
In a total aside here: I have had a brain scan and been deemed “normal.” Yes, I’m frantic about not writing, then I find ways not to write, and yet…the doctors have literally called my brain normal.
But let’s get back on track, shall we? Saturday morning, I was doing some prep, and Wizard decided to question why I bought so many ribs, and why was I doing all this work now? It wasn’t a party.
This is NOT where the knife incident got involved. Nope, I may have snarled, but no knives were involved.
Fast forward to dinner, and Wizard had two big servings of ribs and proclaimed them “really good.” And after dinner, he was excited that we had just enough left to have again on Sunday.
Hm…it’s almost like I knew what I was doing????
But I just smiled, and again, no knives were involved.
So what was the knife incident? Sigh…I think that my the bread knife in my beloved knife set might be out to get me. Several years ago, it jumped off the counter and broke my little toe. Then Saturday night, Special K was doing dishes as I cleaned up, and it once again jumped off the counter. I leapt back, but it managed to nick my leg just above my knee.
Seems pretty obvious that the bread knife is out to get me, right?
It’s basically just a long scratch, but evidently it’s a very dramatic scratch that craved attention. That sucker would not stop bleeding. It was just stupid-embarrassing. As much as I really want to blame the knife, my normal brain has convinced me that an inanimate object can’t really be out to get me, LOL. The truth is I was too busy chatting with Special K and watching Turbo play to pay attention to what I was doing.
Aside from that, it was a great day and we had so much fun with Turbo!
Sunday, Biker Witch and I had coffee and did a little bit of shopping. It was great to see her, however Biker Witch is facing a not-fun back surgery. She’ll get through this and be fine. But I hate that I can’t fix this for her.
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, June 7th, 2019
So Friday is happening, and it’s time to share five random things about our week:
- I’m in a funk. A reading, writing funk. It’s so bad, I was actually looking at part-time jobs online and then I remembered I’m not qualified to do anything else, so it’s time to snap out of it and get on with writing. (No real worries here, when I see my doctor again, I’m going to talk to my doctor about my flagging energy levels and ongoing tinnitus. But I suspect this is pretty much my new normal, and I will figure out how to handle it, and do all I want to do. I don’t want anyone to worry.)
- The heat hit this week, and I turned on the air conditioner Wednesday to make sure it works. The unit made an ugly grinding noise that sounded like, HELP ME I’M DYING. So I called the air conditioning guy.
- Guess what? The guy could come out the very next day, Yay!! But that meant that I had to stay home while Wizard went to go see Turbo. Boo!!! Wizard went for the purpose of helping Special K with something, while I had no legitimate excuse, therefore logic said I had to stay home to babysit the sick air conditioner. FYI, Logic can be super annoying. But Wizard had a great time with Turbo, and made me really happy.
- The good news is the guy was able to fix the A/C unit for now. The bad news, he expected payment for parts and labor. It was absolutely a fair price, but it still stung. We’ll be getting quotes on a new system in the next few weeks, which is going to sting a whole lot more. We may be able to wait until after summer to pull the trigger on it, but we’ll be prepared.
- I’m cheering up because Turbo is probably coming over Saturday!
So that was some of my week, now I’d love to hear about yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
Happy Hump Day! Okay our candidate today billed himself as a cowboy.
I’m seeing a little more country singer than cowboy but that’s just me. What do you think? Cowboy Worthy? Country Singer Worthy? Or Not Worthy?
Monday, June 3rd, 2019
How is it June already????
Saturday we went out to visit Turbo. He was adorable as always. Wizard and Turbo were playing together a lot and having a great time–until Wizard was holding him to take a picture, and took his glasses off. Turbo freaked out a little bit and reached out for me. That was interesting. Turbo hadn’t cried once through going out to breakfast, going by the new house, then back home to play some more. I’m not sure if Turbo just got tired, or it confused him when Wizard took his glasses off.
When Wizard put them back on, Turbo stopped crying. Toddlers are wonderful and weird creatures
I have a quick video on my FB page of Turbo eating a chocolate chunk cookie that I made. If you haven’t seen it and are interested, this link should take you to it.
Sunday was a little mixed. The good part was I got to plot with a friend on her project, and we ended up talking for two hours on the phone. She moved out of California years ago and I miss her. Catching up like that is priceless. Plus her project is awesome! And it’s nice to think about someone else’s story! The second good thing is I spent a short amount of time working on a scene I plan to insert to increase tension in my book. I haven’t worked much at all, so any work is good!
The icky thing is Maggie was in the planter that surrounds the pool, and she clearly had found something unusual. My first thought was OMG, not another snake! I called her inside, then went to check it out.
It wasn’t a snake.
It was a rabbit head. Just the ears and the top of the head, like it had been scalped. Sometimes, it sucks living at the base of the Cleveland National Forest. There are a lot of rabbits, I see then all the time when I’m out walking in the field. And yes, it was absolutely real. Our best guess is that a hawk had it, and it dropped the remains while flying over. Nothing else makes sense as there wasn’t any blood or other surprises in our yard or the pool (we’ve found dead rabbits in the pool, unfortunately).
Wizard got rid of it.
Maggie sulked. Evidently she thought she’d found something very interesting. Me…not so much. I like seeing the live bunnies hopping around the field, not as the remains of some critter’s meal.
Today, I plan to go back to the gym. I haven’t been since we went to Hawaii, so I’ll have to go slow and work back up. Then home to write.
How was your weekend?
Friday, May 31st, 2019
TGIF! Okay here’s five random things about my week.
- If I had witch powers, I’d stop the crazy ass storms ripping across the country. I’d also do a bunch of other stuff, like heal sick kids, and zap common sense into some people.
- Wednesday was Middle Son’s birthday. I made him lemon pound cake, and we went out to dinner with him and his wife. It was low-key, but a really nice evening. I’m so very proud of Middle. He’s grown into an interesting, caring and responsible adult that I want to hang out with–all the things any mom could hope for. And I love his wife, I can easily hang out with her too!
- Maggie spent long time smelling one of my shirts. It needed to hang dry, so I hung it on the doorknob, and for some reason, it really caught her interest. I wonder if she could smell my scent on it despite just washing it? Or maybe she liked my choice of fabric softener? I have no idea.
- I just started listening to an audio book called, DOG ON IT. It’s a mystery about a PI and his dog investigating case, and told from the dog’s POV. I’ve only listened to a chapter, but it seems cute. As soon as I saw the dog was the protagonist, I bought the book
- To test my self-control, I bought the ingredients to make a homemade version of Dole Pineapple Whip (it’s like a creamy pineapple soft serve and delicious!) and to make chocolate chunk cooks. Will I cave in and make one or both? It’s a trick question, I don’t have any self-control, and I really need to get back to the gym ASAP!
So that’s five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear about your week. Stay safe and have a great weekend!