Wednesday, January 16th, 2019
I’ll be honest, I only picked this one because I have a guitar just like his I haven’t played the guitar in decades, but I still love it for the memories. The guy doesn’t do much for me, and the pose strikes me as contrived and silly, but that could just be me.
So what do you think is he worthy?
P.S. We’ve done fine through the rains so far. As I’m writing this late Tuesday afternoon, the second wave of storms has just moved in, and we’re “on watch” but not worried yet. If it stays steady, but not torrential, we will likely be okay.
Monday, January 14th, 2019
It was a nice quiet weekend. Writing, kind of, sort of, happened, but I’m more pleased have solved a plot problem that has bugged me forever. I’m still tweaking around the reunion scene, but it’s as it’s a huge turning point so it has to make sense.
I meant to tell you all that when I went to the courthouse for jury duty, I went through my first metal detector with my brand new titanium plate in my spine, and it didn’t set it off. That was pretty cool. I’d been told it wouldn’t, but it was nice to try it and see.
Anyway, Saturday rained, then Sunday was crisp and sunny with clouds, a perfect day for being outside. Maggie and I went on our longest walk yet since my surgery. I’m guessing we covered about almost two miles, going in the field and winding through the neighborhood. And I can work at the computer for a few hours a day with breaks. The book isn’t any easier, but I’m enjoying the challenge, while not letting myself reach a seriously stressed stage. Even Wizard commented that I’m doing well at walking away, and relaxing. He’s even started to ease up on the protectiveness just a tad.
So that was my weekend. This week we’re expecting rain Monday through Thursday, which is good news for our severe drought conditions that caused so many devastating fires last year. We’ll be watchful for flooding and mudslides, but so far, we’ve been okay. I’m keeping the other burn areas that are more prone to mudslides in my thoughts.
How was your weekend?
Friday, January 11th, 2019
Howdy! It’s time to list five random things from our week. Here’s mine:
- Yesterday we went to see Baby Slayer, who will be ten months old on the 17th. In two months, he’ll be a year! We played with him for a couple of hours, then Baby Slayer was starting to doze off on Wizard’s lap. I told Wizard we had to leave so his mom could get the baby down for a nap. You had to see Wizard’s pouty expression as he said, “But I don’t want to go.” Special K and I finally got the two boys separated I absolutely adore that boy, but I also love watching Wizard with him. He was the same kind of dad–totally hands on.
- Tuesday Wizard and I went shopping and I made chocolate covered graham crackers. The graham crackers are gone, and we have once again proved we can’t be trusted with chocolate goodies.
- It’s a miracle I can even get my jeans on.
- I’m writing, but struggling with a rewrite scene when Justice and Liza reunite and embers of their love reigniting. It’s all a matter of what to put in and what to leave out. I’m going tackle it again today and get it to move forward. I have goals this year! (I’m still being careful and mostly following my recovery instructions).
- This weekend, it’s supposed to rain. We aren’t too worried about floods, the city has once again been out clearing creek beds, and checking/reinforcing the huge berms the build to guide the runoff. Both Wizard and I see the tractors and earth movers working when we walk Maggie. So I’ll probably spend the weekend writing and hanging out at home.
That’s my five, now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope you all have a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019
It’s time to evaluate another Wednesday Worthy Candidate. He bought a brand new shirt for the event.
So what do you think, is his shirt worthy?
Monday, January 7th, 2019
I did some writing! My mantra for the last few days is quit trying to reinvent the wheel as I’m rewriting some scenes. Yet I have to tear it apart to strip down Justice and Liza to their emotional honesty. Hopefully, the scene I just finished as I write this blog on Sunday will still look good on Monday
Friday we ended up in Urgent Care where I was diagnosed with a UTI. Wizard was a tad aggravated since I’d told him last weekend I might need to go to Urgent Care on Monday, then on Monday I told him I was fine. I wasn’t, but what can I say, my hatred of waiting around in doctor offices or urgent cares had me in serious denial. Once I mentioned to Wizard Friday that I was still having pain, he dragged my butt to urgent care. Wizard really doesn’t get the whole denial thing.
Annoying things piled up, including having to go to Jury Duty at 7:30 Monday morning. Wizard has to drive me and it’s a major inconvenience. I postponed it once for the surgery. I’ll take in my paperwork and see if I can get a second postponement. If not, I’ll stay there, but I can’t serve on a jury when I’m not supposed to drive (only to a nearby store), still in the neck brace and not medically released.
And I managed to re-inflame the tendonitis in my right arm when I was dusting. Dusting is an approved activity! All I was doing was lifting some lightweight files to dust under them and I felt the pop-burn. I was so mad, but really, it’s not that big a deal. I already have a doctor appointment on 14th, and he can do a cortisone shot. That usually takes care of it. I think the tendonitis stems from an injury when I was 15 and the horse I was riding fell. I leapt off, landed on my arm and tore a tendon or ligament. I don’t remember which, I just recall wearing the stupid sling that velcroed my arm to my waist. And FYI the horse was fine–or as fine as a horse can be that’s at a stable that let’s 15-year-old inexperienced idiots ride them.
But despite all that, I’m writing and trying to get this book on track.
How was your weekend?
Friday, January 4th, 2019
It’s a new year, but Friday Five is still the same, a list five random things about our week!
- Wizard and I made our first trip to wineries on Wednesday afternoon. We didn’t do any tasting, we just chose a few bottles to replace our depleted supply of good wines, and enjoy the pretty views.
- Maggie is now getting two walks a day and she loves it! Wizard has been walking her in the morning, then I take her out in the afternoon. That won’t work in the heat, but for now, it’s great.
- I made a new-to-us recipe of Lemon Basil Linguine and I added some shrimp. It was good!
- I’m starting in the book (SAVAGED DEVOTION) from the spot I feel it all went wrong. In my head, it all makes sense, but when I open the document, I’m like a deer in headlights I just need to push through and write! I’m only working an hour or two at stretch at the computer. I’ve also been cleaning out the old year, sketching out my goals for next year (like pulling my career out of the toilet, LOL!) and setting up my new calendar.
- Oh! And Maggie has her new blanket! Wizard “won” it for her in another White Elephant gift game. He stole it from another player specifically for Maggie. All I can say is that his walking her daily is paying off for both Wizard and Maggie!
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five. Hope everyone has a great week!
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019
It’s the first Wednesday Worthy of 2019! Whoops, it looks like we dropped in on our candidate before he was fully dressed! My bad
What do you think, is he worthy?