Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, February 26th, 2021
TGIF. Another week zoomed by. Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- Anyone else find the media coverage of Tiger Woods accident a little…ghoulish? Maybe it was just here in CA, or my interpretation. But it was almost like they were memorializing the man, when he’s still living. It was a terrible accident, and I’m truly sorry for him and all who love him. From what I read he has a long recovery ahead of him, and I wish him well.
- Now that Savaged Illusions boxed set has been released, I’m cleaning up some things that didn’t go right, then I’m 100% shifting focus to Wing Slayer Hunters. These guys want their stories told and I’m obsessed with their would. But I’m begging them to stop jumping ahead and let me focus on writing Eli and Savi’s story right now. However the stories are so interwoven, Ram, and a mystery character I haven’t revealed yet, won’t shut up. It’s seriously annoying.
- Maggie had her urinalyses and her PH is still too high (which is part of what forms the stones in her bladder). We’ll retest her in four weeks. I’m the lowest level of concerned, but happy with her care so overall feeling confident. We are keeping her strictly on the recommended food, and doing the best we can for her to keep her healthy.
- My blood work and other assorted labs all came back good. I figured they would, but that’s good to know. Today, I’m getting an ultrasound to check my gallbladder. I’m thinking it’ll come back normal or mild stuff, but Wizard thinks I’ll have three stones in my gallbladder like Maggie had in her bladder I won’t, he was just amusing himself and saying I was trying to copy our dog. I have to admit, he made me laugh.
- No coffee before the test! I can go without eating, but coffee???? That’s just mean. The test is at 8:15 thought so I’ll tough it out.
That was my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, February 19th, 2021
TGIF! I hope all of you in the path of the freezing and dangerous weather have power, heat and water. This is just brutal, and shows us that Mother Nature can kick all our modern conveniences butt when she chooses. But seriously, Mother Nature, take a chill pill and give these folks in Texas, Oklahoma and all the other regions a break.
Okay onto Friday Five:
- I went to lunch with Biker Witch today. Great to see my sister! I had a tri tip wedge salad that sounded good, but wasn’t But that’s okay, ordering dessert made up for it.
- Wizard got his first Covid shot. Yay! It was super easy, he got up early, went online and made an appointment at out local pharmacy and did it. I won’t be eligible to get mine for another month or two, but at least people I love are getting it.
- Wizard is building a model car (small scale). And he’s a perfectionist…and I’m laughing my butt off. He’s already ordered an exact replica because this one isn’t coming out good enough. He’s laboriously redoing parts, and describing it all to me and I finally said, “All this pain, doing it, redoing it and endlessly obsessing, then buying a new one and starting over? IT’S LIKE WRITING MY BOOK! He gave me a sheepish grin, acknowledging that he may have told me to just write the book and be done a time or two.
- I am writing tons, but no farther in the book, LOLOL! The book I originally planned wasn’t good enough and I’ve done months of work to retool the story to where I think it will be…someday, but still hoping for summer I think I may make it. I really want to get this book and Ram’s written this year.
- The last few weeks were a combination of stress and not feeling well that landed my butt in the doctor’s office. Really long and boring story short: one theory is that my funky gall bladder is being set off by stress. This week we started some tests…and of course I feel better. I can hear my gall bladder taunting me, What? I’m totally cool, dudes. Nothing to see here! Anyhow, I have an ultrasound scheduled next Friday (a week from today) and I’m going actively try to set off another attack before that with spectacularly bad food choices. Will it work???? Probably not. You all know my gall bladder is laughing gleefully, right? Still I’m feeling so much better this week that I’ll take that as a win
That’s my random five things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a safe, warm and happy weekend!
Thursday, February 11th, 2021
TGIF and Happy Early Valentine’s Day! Boy it’s been a week, but I don’t want to dwell on sad and mad stuff. Let’s jump into Friday Five:
- Maggie got her stitches out, cone off and she feels great. It made Wizard and I feel so much better to see her happy again. There will be followup tests in two weeks. Maggie will be on a special diet for the rest of her life to try to prevent the stones from reforming, and if we don’t have to watch her suffer like that again, it’s money well spent.
- We’ve had the stairs gated off to keep Maggie contained for two weeks, and man that was a pain. Wizard and I kept stepping over the hip high gate to go up and down stairs, and try that carrying laundry. To my credit, I never tripped or fell. Yay me! But it sure is nice to have free access to the stairs again.
- I just started reading a new to me paranormal, REJECTED (A Shadow Beast Shifters Book 1) by Jaymin Eve and enjoying it so far.
- We haven’t made any plans for Valentine’s Day, but Wizard and I are experienced at pulling off romantic dinners and will pull something together. We always do.
- Tomorrow we’re going to see Turbo. I went to the store and bought him some little things for Valentine’s Day. Both of us are looking forward to hanging out with the little guy now that Maggie’s doing so well and we feel comfortable leaving her.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Friday, February 5th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- A headache that comes and goes is making me cranky. This is normal allergy stuff for me from the weather swinging between cold and rainy to warm and dry.
- Maggie got sick twice yesterday. But she had three really good days before that. Mostly likely it’s the antibiotics irritating her stomach, and a case of three steps forward and one step back in the recovery process. If she has more problems today I’ll call the vet but I’m not worried as I write this, just watching her.
- I stopped by my daughter-in-law’s yesterday for a few minutes and got to see her and her mom. It was awesome just to have some girl chat for awhile. My son was inside working from home, and I never even said hello (he was on a business call), but I did make time to say hi to their two dogs, LOL! Priorities people!
- Wizard is super over-protective of Maggie right now. Remember the man who didn’t want a dog? Um…
- My book is not moving forward much, but the characters are telling me all kinds of stuff in my head. I think this is good, but it’s also confusing trying to make order. I just keep trying because I get to do something I love even when I hate it. I’m falling so in love with the characters now.
No plans for this weekend at the moment, but who knows what plot twists could happen. Anyway, that’s my five and now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!
Friday, January 29th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week:
- For anyone who didn’t see it on my FB pages, Maggie did great during surgery. She had 3 huge stones. Maggie is tough, she never lets pain stop her, but this…it’s kind of scary that she could hide it. However, now we have a treatment plan to monitor her going forward so she hopefully won’t have to go through this again and that makes me feel better. If Maggie’s doing well enough tomorrow, she’ll be able to come home.
- I didn’t even try to write yesterday. I’ve been doing a bunch of other writing related stuff this week so I’ve been productive at least.
- I made oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies yesterday. Tried a recipe I found online…I feel like I wasted my chocolate chunks The cookies aren’t bad, just not what I wanted. I think I’ll survive the disappointment, LOL.
- Covid has hit one of our extended family and the situation is not good. We just feel helpless like everyone else in the world. I don’t know if there’s anyone left who hasn’t been affected by this virus.
- Rain is expected tonight and it’s supposed to be a big-for-us storm. We didn’t make any plans this weekend, figuring it’s best to just stay home and take care of Maggie. If one of the kids stops by, that’s fine, but we don’t want to to anywhere and leave her alone at all for a few days or longer depending on how she does.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours!
Friday, January 22nd, 2021
TGIF! It’s been another week that feels long and short at the same time. Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- This week, I was in the kitchen doing something, when I realized I heard Eli and Savi talking. Obviously this was in my head, but it was the clearest I’ve heard character voices since my tinnitus started a few years ago. That was a high.
- The low has been trying to make the scenes work. The dialogue is okay, it’s everything else like world building that has to be right. I looked like this yesterday afternoon
- Maggie has been telling me for a week there was something in our hill. The other day, she found it. It was hilarious to watch her stalk, pounce, and bury her head up to her neck in the ground cover trying to get this thing. I hoped it wasn’t a snake. It wasn’t–it was a rat. Ugh. Maggie flushed it out and chased it away. We’re at the base of the Cleveland National Forest so we get critters.
- We might have some rain in the forecast and we need it.
- I take Maggie on two walks most days, but otherwise, I’m in the house too much. I really need to get out and see more people. As it turns out, I’m not all hermit and I miss being with people. I really miss seeing other writers too. I’m probably not alone feeling like this.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a:
Friday, January 15th, 2021
TGIF! It’s a crazy world, but some things remain the same like sharing five random things about our week. I’ll go first:
- Don’t be jealous, but yesterday I went to Target with a mental list, meaning I was too lazy to write it down. But guess what? I remember everything on my list. Impressive, am I right?
- After two weeks of nonstop whining from Wizard, I broke down and made dark chocolate almond clusters with sea salt. And I made him his favorite taquitos for dinner last night too. I’m inspired by how hard he’s trying to give me space to work lately.
- I’m hoping that Covid will be better and Wizard and I can go to the NINC conference in in the fall. It’s in St. Pete’s Florida, and I’ve loved it the the two times I’ve gone.
- I’m writing. It’s a mess, but eventually, the magic will happen and a book will start to emerge. Eli and Savi, and Ram and Ginny’s stories are running around in my head, making me dizzy as I try to get them all to line up in an orderly format. It’s probably a lot like putting a bunch of cranky toddlers juiced up on Twinkies and Ding Dongs in a room with feral cats, set off the fire alarm and sprinkles and then expect them to write a book that’s readable.
- I’m going to try to see Turbo this weekend if possible. I have some store bought break and bake sugar cookies in my fridge that I never used. So I bought mini M&Ms and plan figure out how to get the most M&Ms possible in a cookie, bake it and then take it to Turbo. I take my job of spoiling him very seriously I have no idea why his parents are so tolerant of me doing this stuff but I’m grateful.
That’s my five things, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy and peaceful weekend!
Next Page »