Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, November 20th, 2020
Hey guys! It’s Friday again, can you believe it? Time to dive into Friday Five, here’s mine:
- Maggie’s mad at me for posting this pic of her on my FB. But she’s the one who refuses to let me take pictures, so…
- Savaged Devotion is out, and thank you to all who bought it! So far, I’ve had really nice feedback, and just love my readers. Seriously, you guys have been so amazing and I appreciate each of you!
- I’m setting up a sale for next month, plus planning other promo next year and it’s getting a little confusing because I’m doing different things with different books. So I set up a sale in a publication for January, and realized I put in the wrong title, but I couldn’t get in to fix it. So I emailed them and they asked me if it was just the title or if anything I sent was wrong. I assured them it was just the title. They kindly fixed it, and all was good. That is until I woke up at 5am in a panic, suddenly wondering if it was possible that I sent the wrong book cover afterall. Because I’m compulsive, I emailed them again and asked them to double check the cover. To their credit, they were gracious and did check, but you know they wanted to smack me for being totally annoying. Hell, I wanted to smack myself. Sigh.
- I really want to do a lot more to give back to readers and writers with articles, podcasts and ways to support the goals and success of others. But. I. Am. Overwhelmed. Yet I want to do it, so I’m thinking that if I keep researching and learning, I’ll figure out a way to implement some of all of this in the first half of next year. Maybe…LOLOL!
- It’s hard to find jeans that fit!! Possibly because I’m one cookie away from all stretch pants, all the time.
Not sure what this weekend will bring. I’m clutching my to do list, and my wine glass, trying to figure it out. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope you all have a great weekend.
P.S., Can you believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving???? The holidays are here!
Friday, November 13th, 2020
TGIF! Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things around our week:
- The big news is I think I have SAVAGED DEVOTION uploaded at all the sites, except for the print version which is coming later. I’ll send out a newsletter Monday, and put links here on the blog then.
- I did my plot chat with Marianne, and it was awesome. I can’t wait to get back to writing Primal Magic. I have a better feel for what I need to do. One plot problem is still bugging me, but that’s how it goes when you’re deeper in a series, and I need to stay as true as I can to the world rules and plot points already laid down in the previous books. I’m more confident I’ll figure it out.
- I bought a 2021 planner, but now I’m afraid to open it. I mean…2020 was full of mean twists, ugly turns and grim predictions. I feel like the new calendar is just daring me to write down my plans so the Trolls of the Universe can find new ways to blow them up.
- I got a new hat for walking Maggie on the foggy mornings:
- I’m going to see Biker Witch today, and Maggie has a special invitation as well. She’s thrilled, and also, she’s so spoiled. Otherwise, my weekend will be quiet, I think. I need to get my newsletter set up, I’m behind on cleaning, and, you know, the usual life stuff.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, November 6th, 2020
Sorry for being late, I had my website updated yesterday, then my link to get into the dashboard errored out. Long story short, all I had to do was delete my bookmark and redo it, and here I am!
A quick message here from me to you: I know times are stressful right now. Emotions are running high here in the U.S.. I’m asking that each of you remember to take care of yourselves. Stress like this makes us ill, and can ruin valued relationships. Please, because no matter what your political leanings, I care about each of you. Your health and happiness are important to me. You. Matter. These days, Wizard and I look at each other and say, “The sun will rise tomorrow.” We do what we can control, and try to let go of the rest that we can’t control.
So let’s jump right into Friday Five!
- SAVAGED DEVOTION is at the formatters and I should get the files back to review this weekend. Man, I’m desperately trying to get back up to speed on everything, and worried like usual. But I’m also excited, I love this trilogy. I took some risks to give the characters the story they wanted.
- I have the first chapter excerpt of SAVAGED DEVOTION on my website now here
- Today is Wizard and my actual anniversary. We went out to another dinner last night at Flemmings Prime Steakhouse. We had planned to do that before our son invited us to dinner last weekend, so I thought we’d just do something at home. But Wizard surprised me and made the reservations for last night (easier to get in on a Thursday night than a Friday). It was a wonderful night sitting outside in a balmy evening talking and sharing a meal, good wine and a molten chocolate lava cake for dessert.
- Eli and Savi from Primal Magic are bugging me even though I can’t work on them this week. I blame Savi, if she had just been the sweet, somewhat angelic witch I originally planned, things would be moving along. But I wrote her scene and was like, Holy Crap, now what? Eli is even less happy and off sulking somewhere. On the other hand, this is how I alway work, LOL.
- Sunday, Wizard is going out to middle son’s house in the morning to give him a hand with something. Turbo and his parents are coming out a bit later and staying until Turbo’s ready for bed. It will be a marathon day, LOL.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Friday, October 30th, 2020
Happy Almost Halloween! Time to share five random things about our week:
- It’s hot again. I’m not a fan. Since it had cooled off, Maggie and I were walking twice a day, but yesterday we could only do once.
- I have played the spin game all danged week. This is my pattern, and totally my fault for giving in. So I ran into a character arc wall on Eli, and I spun off in search of magic to find the answer. But ultimately the only way to find the answer is to keep working at it until Eli tells me. Oh well, today is a new day and I will do the butt in chair thing and fight to make Eli cooperate. He’s mad at me (I know why), but he’s going to have to get over it and trust me.
- This week we drained the pool to change the water since it’s been over a decade. Behind me in the pic is a puddle of dirty water from washing down the sides after we had huge winds. Now we’re refilling it, then Wizard will treat it to get out some discoloration, and after that, he’ll put in salt and chemically balance the water. This wasn’t strictly necessary but Mr. Perfectionist wanted to do it as it’s good for the pool to completely change out the water. It sure is weird seeing the pool empty.
- We got a new bed yesterday. In good news it arrived earlier than expected, about 7:45 a.m. I’d just gotten home from waking Maggie, and Wizard and I had 10 minutes to marathon move around mattresses. We’ve have three beds, and between moving things around, washing everything that was in the rooms, plus waiting for a couple things to arrive from Amazon then washing those, followed by remaking and reassembling the rooms turned into an all day event and a gazillion trips up and down the stairs. So…good exercise I guess???? I’m happy about the new bed. It’s something we’ve been talking about doing for two years, and finally got it done
- This weekend CPA Boy and Special K are taking us to their favorite nice restaurant that is Covid careful. We’re looking forward to it! This will be Wizard’s first time, and my second, to eat out since this whole Covid thing started.
So that’s my five, now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane and storms is safe and well, and you all have a great weekend!
Friday, October 23rd, 2020
TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about out week. Here’s mine:
- We had so much fun with Turbo when he was here. The only issue we had was the middle of the night when he woke and missed his mom. Pretty typical for a two year old. Wizard ended up sending me to bed, then he got Turbo back to sleep and slept with him on the couch downstairs. He’s such a good grandpa! Other than that, Turbo was great. Then when we took him home Monday evening, and his mom made us a delicious dinner. I appreciated that beyond words.
- One more Turbo story, the other day Turbo video called to tell me that he got a flu shot and he didn’t cry. I told him he was a big, brave boy for not crying. Turbo’s response was, “I cried on the inside.” That was adorable. None of us know where he got that from, but I sure related. I’ve cried on the inside many times!
- My copy editor has started on SAVAGED DEVOTION. I just going to do a soft release (not a huge release plan with lots of promo, etc.) for that book when it’s ready. I’m hoping the book is as solid as I thought to was when I sent it to her. We’ll see.
- After hours of “discussion” with Eli, I think I have a place to start his opening scene. I’m excited about this book! Also, I’ve built a pretty big story bible for this series that’s already 45 pages long. It’s broken up into three major sections: 1) Mythology that has two subsections of World Building & Terms, 2) Character Overview that contains descriptions of all the gods, demons, witches, demon witches, wing slayer hunters, rogues, hybrids & secondary characters), and another section for each book’s Hero and Heroine profile. 3) Series Timeline for each book in order as things happen. It’s in a notebook I can flip through for quick reference and on word docs I can easily access, and update as I go. I ‘m happy with it, and know it will help me as I tackle both PRIMAL MAGIC and then FALLEN MAGIC. I have ideas for at least two more books after that…but I don’t want to get ahead of myself, LOL.
- This weekend Wizard has plans for both days and I’m wide open. I might clean something, or see a kid, or write, or take over the world. The possibilities are endless!
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend.
Friday, October 16th, 2020
TGIF! Let’s share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I’m very happy with the lady doing my hair while my regular hairdresser recovers from her seriously broken leg that required surgery. She’s still on crutches and not able to put weight on it, but she’s healing as expected so far. Man I feel for her!
- I haven’t heard back from my copy editor which means she hasn’t had a chance to start on SAVAGED DEVOTION yet. She had warned me up front this is a busy month for her, so I’m being patient. Since I’m not planning a big release, it’s all fine. Unless the books sucks, then…I’ll drink wine.
- I’m starting to write PRIMAL MAGIC. I’ve only worked with Savina’s (the heroine) opening scene so far, and I’m loving her. Tomorrow, Eli and I will chat, LOLOL! Also, Wizard’s been helping me plot and that’s been entertaining for us.
- The plan right now is for Turbo to come over Sunday morning and stay overnight until Monday evening. Of course, the plan is subject to change, but I’m looking forward to it if it works out. It will be exhausting, that kid is nonstop high energy and not always easy to get down at night, but he’s also bright, fun and the owns our hearts. If I don’t post Monday, I was just too distracted and tired to do it.
- Following on #4, I’m planning to have Turbo help me make make Youngest son’s special cookies, then lure Youngest and his wife over to help us with Turbo for a couple hours if they’re free :-). If they’re busy, they Turbo and I will have fun making a mess in the kitchen.
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! And don’t forget, I may not be here Monday but I’ll be back Wednesday to catch up with you all. Have a great weekend!
Friday, October 9th, 2020
TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week:
- Monday, Biker Witch and I had a great time going to lunch on the terrace of a winery. We did our best to be Covid safe, and since it was a Monday, not many people were around, which helps. We also got dessert, she chose cheesecake and I had a slab of chocolate cake. It took me 3 days to eat that cake, but I’m not a quitter! FYI, Biker Witch is supposed to be my older sister, but she’s not doing it right. Seriously. She doesn’t look her age! It’s just wrong. Worse, she not sharing her anti-aging magic secrets with me!
- Anyone else ever feel chronically tired? Just ask for the old woman trying to commandeer my body this week
- I cleared a bunch of files on my computer, then I checked my trashbin and it had well over 3,000 files!
- I started reworking my PRIMAL MAGIC synopsis (Wing Slayer Hunter book) and it’s already driving me crazy, LOL! I really want to do this synopsis to get a working idea of the story so I can massively screw it up as I write it. I’m a rebel that way. But doing this is making me excited to write the book!
- Weekend plans are confusing right now. Today is Special K’s birthday, and the original plan was for them to come over to visit and have a birthday dinner. But Turbo wasn’t feeling well the other night…and now it’s a waiting game. Then Sunday we may visit Middle, his wife and their two dogs at a campground, but they just lost a beloved dog in her family so I’m not sure if they’re still going camping. We’re all in a weird wait-and-see mode…but the weekend will happen and I’m staying flexible. (My daughter-in-law and her family will be okay, they’re just sad to say goodbye to their beloved dog, and grateful for the years of love and joy he brought them.)
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a healthy and fun weekend!
Next Page »