Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a good week! Now lets all list 5 random things about our week.
- Yesterday was a good writing day. I am so grateful for that! I haven’t had many of those lately and it felt pretty darned good. Plus I love Justice and Liza (AKA Beth). In this book, they’ve endured a lot and grown up so much, I’m actually a little like a proud mama
- Still waiting to hear on my STAT MRI. But yesterday was a better pain day to, so again, let’s focus on the good.
- I’m getting my hair cut this morning. And by cut, I mean bangs only! We have the layers in my hair the way shaped the way I want them, I’d just like them longer.
- If you guys are reading this, I need to know–what do you think is a good pool day dessert?
- I bought some coconut scented body wash that I love. However I don’t care for dried coconut in baked goods–that’s just wrong. I like fresh coconut though.
And don’t forget, Monday is the release for SAVAGED VOWS, book 2 in the Savaged Illusions trilogy! Ironically, this is one of my favorite books I’ve written, and yet it’s being released with little fanfare. There just hasn’t been time. And just a programming note: Be sure to read SAVAGED DREAMS first.
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five!
Friday, July 14th, 2017
Happy Friday! Let’s do five random things about our week.
- Tuesday morning Wizard and I went grocery shopping. After loading the bags into the trunk of our car, we noticed all the windows were down, the sunroof open and the car unlocked. The car had been fully closed up and locked when we went inside. Nothing inside the car was missing or disturbed. We were totally baffled for about forty minute, kicking around ideas, but mostly worrying about an electronic short in our eight year old car. Then it dawned on Wizard. There’s a button on our electronic key fob that if you press and hold down will unlock the doors and open all the windows to cool off the car. We’d completely forgotten about that function. Wizard had his keys in his pocket, and our best guess is that while unloading groceries, he leaned against the trunk and somehow held down that button.
- People who are NOT handicapped and park in handicapped spaces piss me off. I don’t care if it’s only for “two minutes.” People who leave their animals or kids in boiling hot cars piss me off even more.
- Speaking of pets, at CPA Boy’s work picnic last week, a family came in with 2 dogs in a carriage. Special K and I watched for about five minutes then we couldn’t stand it. We went over and introduced ourselves to a really nice lady and told her we wanted to meet her dogs. Yeah…we did that, LOL! The lady was really cool about our weirdness and happily let us meet and pet their dogs. They were two sweet pups. One was 13 years old, and so that’s why they had they carriage. Even better? They’d only adopted the 13 year old the previous year when she was 12.
- I had to run to Target yesterday for boring stuff like paper towels and came home with these Oops! But at least I remembered the paper towels.
- I’ll be working all weekend, desperately trying to get this book into words arranged in an order that make sense. I’m so far behind, but I trying not to think about that. Besides, I like a challenge, right? Bwhahahaha!!
Okay it’s your turn! Tell me five random things about your week!
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Let’s do our random Friday Five
- 3 more days until Savaged Dreams is released! That’s the good news.
- The bad news is we had a senseless murder in a convenience store not far from us. It’s so heartbreaking and enraging. All of us are left wondering WHY, DEAR GOD, WHY?? But there is no answer, and I just have to remember that there are more good people than bad.
- We’re going to a niece’s high school graduation party this weekend. I’m looking forward to that.
- I’m making Twix Cookies to take to the a party because Wizard asked me to
- My shoulder/arm thing is the same, and I still don’t have the referral to an orthopedic. But I’ll see my RA doc next week, and he will try to help if he can so I’m hopeful.
So that’s my Friday Five, what are yours? I hope you all have a great weekend!
Friday, June 9th, 2017
Let’s share 5 random things about our week!
- Insomnia is dogging me this week, and I just want to say, Thank God for my Kindle. I read or watch You Tube videos. If I’m not watching puppy videos, then I love Trevor Noah and John Oliver (This isn’t political, they just amuse me at 2 a.m.)
- I love our pool, but the salt system is giving Wizard fits right now. And it’s not cheap. However, Wizard is fantastic at troubleshooting this, so he’ll get it fixed. This stuff really falls under normal maintenance for a pool, but it’s still annoying and I’m very glad I don’t have to deal with it.
- My son called yesterday to tell me all about his trip to Tahiti. For awhile as he talked, I wished I was in Tahiti with a Mai Tai. I don’t think I’ve had a Mai Tai in decades but it sounds tropical. However once my son told me how long it took to travel to Tahiti, and how tired they were once they arrived, I remembered why I don’t travel to exotic places — I’m too lazy. I’ll just have a frozen margarita in my backyard
- I bet Wizard a lunch and he lost! But this is bad news for me. My GP’s office screwed up, not getting the right referral so I can see an orthopedic for my shoulder. This is insane people. Seriously. I had two phone calls with them today trying to make them understand they referred me to my regular rhematologist not an orthopedic. They swore they’d check into it and call back. I told Wizard, “I bet you a lunch tomorrow they don’t call.” Of course they didn’t call back as promised, so Wizard has to eat lunch at home tomorrow. Good thing I’m just in pain rather than seriously sick. And really, I’m okay, but there are people whose lives depend on better care than this. I worry about them.
- In good news! Both me and my team (my assistant, Anna and my formatter, Amy) have been working our butts off, and we have SAVAGED VOWS up for pre-order! Seeing both these books up for pre-order represents almost a year of work for me, and is tangible proof that I’m accomplishing what I set out to do! For so long, I wasn’t sure if we’d pull this off. In addition to Anna and Amy, also want to thanks my cover artist, Jaycee DeLorenzo, my editor Sasha Knight and my copy editor Kimberly Cannon. I’m very fortunate to work with an extraordinary team. Now I just have to get Savaged Devotion written in record time with a crappy shoulder. I love a challenge, LOL!
Okay that’s my Friday Five. Time to share yours! I really do enjoy reading them Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, May 19th, 2017
Hope everyone had a great week! Okay let’s do our Friday Five, which is a list of five random things about our week.
- Savaged Vows, book 2 in the Savaged Illusions Trilogy went off to my copy editor yesterday! It feels like a real accomplishment to me. For those keep score, this book has two editors and four rounds of edits (same with Savaged Dreams). I’ve cut 4200 (almost 17 manuscript pages) words from the first draft to the final one that is something I’m very happy about. Savaged Vows will be up for pre-order in a couple of weeks.
- My final physical therapy appointment on Wednesday didn’t go as well. I was “hot” with a pretty significant flare of swelling and nerve pain. They are sending an evaluation to my doctor asking for “diagnostics” which is an x-ray and maybe an MRI. I’m disappointed in that I worked hard in PT, and did all the exercises at home–the only exception was the day of my colonoscopy. But we can’t all have the easy solution.
- Tonight (Thursday as I’m writing this) I plan on having coffee ice cream, and I’ll probably put chocolate syrup on it. I love coffee ice cream!
- I have bright blue fingernails.
- I think every time I have a new idea, someone should slap me. Wizard instantly volunteered for the job but I told him no. He was sad. (I’m teasing people, please don’t take this as anything more than a joke. Wizard and I have a twisted sense of humor, but neither of us is violent.)
That’s my Friday Five, what’s yours? Have a great weekend!
Friday, May 5th, 2017
Okay let’s do this!
- I got my line edits back from my editor on Savaged Vows (book 2 in Savaged Illusions Trilogy). The good news is there are no more big changes, just a few small tweaks and a lot of typical line edits to clean and strength the writing. I need to get them back to her by next Wednesday, so I’m diving in and working.
- I think I’m going to make the Twix Cookies this weekend if Wizard has time to help me. Here’s the link
- Yesterday was day two of physical therapy in which I learned massage means torture I’m kidding! I really like this PT facility. They are nice, knowledgeable, responsive to any question or concern I have, and I trust them. Samantha was the woman working me yesterday and she really tried to work the swollen knots in my shoulder, back and arm to break them up and relieve the pressure. I’m still on no added weight or resistance exercises due to the inflammation.
- And here’s Wizard! Okay, yeah, his head is cut off But that was on purpose. See that car body he’s holding? One of his friends custom-painted that for him with his favorite baseball team as a birthday gift. How cool is that? If you’re wondering, that body goes to an Radio Control Car. Wizard races them along with our middle son. It’s a fun hobby.
- Just a little over 6 weeks until Savaged Dreams releases!! It’s available for pre-order now! Kindle / B&N / iBooks / Kobo / Google Play
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share yours. Have a great weekend!
Friday, April 28th, 2017
Happy Friday! Let’s do Friday Five
- First the shocker–I’m switching to decaf coffee and cut out diet cokes. I’ve been working on it for a week and a half and no humans, animals or fictional characters have hurt in the process :-). By next week, I’ll 100% on decaf coffee (yes, I know decaf has some caffeine.) Are you impressed????
- So why am I getting mean about caffeine? Midway through May I’m having a routine procedure that begins with colon and ends with why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this-oscopy. Anyway, I can’t have coffee the day of the why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this procedure. People were frightened by this prospect. And by people I MEAN WIZARD THE BIG COWARD. (Love you Wizard, but admit it, you were scared, LOLOL!)
- So it turns out that I’m not indestructible. I’m blame Justice and Liza (from the Savaged Illusions Trilogy) for this. Writing Savaged Vows became an obsession and chained me to the computer! I saw my doctor yesterday for my shoulder/arm/neck pain. As soon as he walked into the room, he sat down and said, “So who did you punch?” I resisted the urge to confess that in the last month or two I’ve mentally punched at least four fictional characters because I don’t have time for a psyche evaluation right now…or ever. Instead I explained about deadlines, and begged for help getting back to being
an obsessive nut job a full time writer. The doctor was able feel spasms in the shoulder/arm/neck area and thinks I have a pinched nerve. The end result is I got a shot, some prescriptions and I’ll start physical therapy next week. But he didn’t ask for a psyche eval…so it’s all good!
- I’m really worrying about writing Savaged Devotion. Book 2 ended so powerfully, (as did book 1) and now the bar is so high…how am I going to surpass it? The answer is by ignoring the panic, keeping my butt in the chair and trusting my characters. Oh, did I mention I have to write this full length novel in two and a half months? Obviously this is the perfect time to deal with a shoulder problem, commit to physical therapy, do a colon-why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this-oscopy and give up caffeine. Bwhahahaha!!!
- I’m listening to the audiobook TAKE ME BACK by Meghan March and love it! It’s starts off as a straight romance about a couple who goes on vacation for 10 days to save their marriage. It’s emotional and sexy…and then it takes a turn into action and suspense and I love it! There were just enough hints in the beginning that it’s not completely out of the blue, but written so well that it’s a welcome twisty surprise.
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week.
Next Page »