Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, August 3rd, 2018
Wait, what? It’s Friday? This was another one of those wicked fast weeks! Okay let’s see if I can think of five things about my week:
- Wizard likes Dress #2 over Dress #1 for Middle Son’s wedding. I like Dress #2, but it’s slightly scratchy under my arms so I have to be sure it won’t become painful. Good thing I still have 2 months I wonder if there will be a Dress #3??? I normally just find a dress and I’m done. This is new for me.
- I’m able to write some now, which is great, but I’m so stumped on making this timeline work. I’m going to shift scenes around and see if that works.
- Yesterday was my birthday, and we went to dinner. I was looking forward to chocolate cake all day long. Dinner was not that great, and then after we ordered dessert, the server came back and told us they were all out of chocolate cake, and had been all day long. Some years are like that.
- We visited Baby Slayer on Wednesday and had so much fun. He’s soooo active. I’m laughing my butt off. He just wants to go, go, go! Good luck to his parents trying to keep up
- Tomorrow I’m going to a bridal shower for my niece. I’m going early to help set up, so it’ll be a long day, but a lot of fun!
So that’s my five, now it’s time to share yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, July 27th, 2018
Happy Friday! Let’s do five random things about our week.
- Maggie went to the groomers/boarding place yesterday and got a bath. I could, and have, given her baths at home. But I’m not cutting her nails. That scares me.
- The book is driving me crazy. But at least I can write a bit more than I was able to do which is great.
- People who start fires are assholes.
- I ordered another potential dress for middle son’s wedding because…I’m undecided. LOL! I’ll figure it out but at least one dress is going to be returned.
- Okay so I’ve debated telling this. When Maggie and I walk in the early morning, we’ve encountered the same homeless person three times now. This is really unusual up where we live just because it’s not near anything useful, and its a bit of a hike up some fairly steep streets. Just so you know, I’m careful and aware that this could be dangerous, and I’ll be varying my route. But that’s not why I’m telling you. This guy just didn’t make sense to me. The past two times I saw him, he was sleeping or pretending to be. But this morning, he was sitting on the curb with his pack next to him. He was hunched in on himself and reading what appeared to be a text book and waiting, but I don’t know what for–a ride maybe? He was also younger than I’d expected too. The image just haunts me. My heart wants to find out the story, but my common sense isn’t going to allow that.
That was my week. Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, July 20th, 2018
TGIF! So it it hot where you are? Okay time for our Friday Five:
- I wrote the one scene I really wanted to, but now I have to make go back to my timeline and figure some things out. I knew it was all going to come back to this freaking timeline! I’ll figure it out.
- MRIs, ugh. I did the cervical one, and got through it. For the past two MRI’s, I’ve taken xanax to tame my claustrophobia, but I just didn’t want to do that again. So I drove there, pretended to be an adult, and then I told the technician I was mildly claustrophobic. He took one look at my face and said, “Mildly?” Yeah, he had me pegged, but he was also kind, calm and talked me through it. I’m still not a fan of having a cage placed over my head and being shoved into a metal tube that plays a variation of roaring jet engines and jack hammers But it’s done!
- I’m hoping the MRI report will be at my pain specialists when I go in tomorrow, but it’s doubtful. However, I’ll take the CD of all the MRI images with me, the pain doc can take a look at those and we’ll discuss if a neurosurgical consult is necessary.
- Yesterday, Wizard and I went out to see Baby Slayer. He’s four months old, smiling, laughing and loves books that play music and playing peek-a-boo. Here’s a pic of me and Baby Slayer. He was looking up at his grandpa (Wizard) there. Also, if it seems odd that I’m sitting on the floor, I chose to do that.
- Tomorrow, I’m going to lunch and shopping with an old friend. I need to work, but I also need a break. Hanging out with a friend and not thinking about Wizard’s back, my neck, worrying constantly about the book, or various family stuff.
So that’s my five, and now I’d really love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
Friday, July 13th, 2018
And it’s time for Friday Five, where we list five random things about our week:
- I had lunch with a writer friend I hadn’t seen in a while on Wednesday. It was so nice to see her!
- Maggie threw up yesterday. I heard her make the gaggy sound, jumped up from the computer and and ran for the door to the backyard, shouting, “Come on Maggie! Come outside!” She got her within two inches of the tile floor…but not close enough. She’s fine, and my carpet will survive.
- Speaking of the computer, I’m writing. That’s all I’m going to say, I’m afraid to jinx this.
- Baby Slayer!
- Middle son’s fiance invited me to have lunch, talk about their upcoming wedding and go shopping with her and her mom. I jumped at the chance, very pleased they thought of including me. And also, while I adore Baby Slayer more than all things chocolate or wine, the others in my family are just as important to me Of course, I need to double check today to make sure she meant this Saturday as in tomorrow, and not next Saturday as in a week from now. Because I like to make myself crazy by second guessing myself. It’s a gift, LOL!
Ha look at that, I got through 5 things without once complaining about the heat! Now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, July 6th, 2018
Happy Friday, at least I think its Friday. Having a holiday midweek has thrown me way off! So here’s 5 random things from my week:
- The heat wave is back—ugh. My phone says it’s supposed to be 113 today.
- Because of the heat, I’m taking Maggie for her walk at 6:30ish in the morning and skipping the afternoon walk.
- We had Biker Witch and her hubby out for 4th of July and really had a great time. Sometimes it’s nice to keep it small and simple. The apple pie was good too That was the good part, the bad part was all the illegal fireworks. It was frustrating because we took Maggie with us to see the city fireworks, and through those she laid at my feet. She was scared and shook a bit, but overall she handled it. We thought she’ll go home, relax and realize, Oh hey, that wasn’t so bad. But instead we pulled into what sounded like a war zone in out housing track. Okay I don’t actually know what a warzone sounds like but this was bad (like sonic booms). Still we got off easy compared to some pet owners. Maggie feels safe enough in her kennel, that that’s where she wants to be with no whining, crying or barking. A lot of animals react in mindless terror and can’t feel safe until it stops. Some end up injured or worse.
- My MRI was cancelled due to some insurance authorization snafu. I just shrugged, I’ll get it sorted out next week.
- We plan to go see Baby Slayer this weekend. And I’m trying to work despite my pain level going up again. It is what it is.
That’s my Friday Five, now its your turn to share yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, June 29th, 2018
Happy Friday!! It’s time to list 5 random things about our week:
- In contrast to my Happy Friday greeting, I’m so damned disgusted by weak, sick cowards committing mass murders. Hate is easy. You know what’s hard? Finding the good in people, situations and life. Doing the right thing, choosing to face problems and strive to work together for solutions. Courage is being willing to try, and when you make a mistake, own up to it and apologize. But killing? It’s the easy way out. It’s the path of least resistance. Okay…I’ll stop except to say one thing–my heart goes out to all who are touched by these shootings. Rant. Over.
- I get so close to getting out of this plot ditch, and something knocks me back in. But I never give up a fight and I will win
- Wizard had his six-week check up after his back surgery. The doctor told him he’s doing better than most his patients. I’m not a bit surprised. Wizard is a fighter, and he’s kept himself in good shape which also helps. At this point, he’s at about 60% improvement in nerve pain on one side, and 50% on the other. It’s unlikely he’ll ever be 100%, but there are other options we can look at down the road. He’ll begin PT as soon as all the paperwork goes through. Oh and most of his restrictions have been lifted, and that will help me get a little more time to writing too
- I made my first jewelry project, a “paw” bracelet. Here’s a picture completely with my mistake (a missing spacer bead): I enjoyed doing this and hope to keep learning!
- We’re going to a picnic tomorrow, and I plan to take Maggie with us. So naturally I ordered Maggie a new leash to match her snazzy green collar. Wizard rolled his eyes so hard, I’m pretty sure he saw the inside of his brain.
That’s 5 things from my week, now it’s time so share your 5 things. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, June 22nd, 2018
TGIF!! Here’s five random things about my week:
- Some writing is happening! Not enough, but I’m definitely doing better.
- Oh, my follow up doctor appointment. So the facet injections helped, I’d say a good 50%. But I’m having burning in the shoulder and arm, and slight loss of sensation in fingers, and some other things so we’re going to do another MRI. Then we’ll decide if I should consult a neurosurgeon. I don’t want surgery, but I also don’t want to permanently damage the nerves to my very dominate right shoulder, arm and/or hand.
- I bought a small tool kit for making jewelry, and I’m watching videos on how to do it. I kept telling myself I’d try this hobby after I finished the book. But I got really tired of punishing myself for being late on the book. Plus, I desperately need another hobby besides “How to Bake Your Way to Middle Aged and Fat.” Just saying…
- Yesterday I took Maggie in for a bath/grooming (I’ve bathed her at home, but I don’t cut her nails) and I bought her a brand new neon green collar. Maggie loves it, but Wizard is totally traumatized by her new collar, that’s OMG A DIFFERENT COLOR!! IT’S LIKE NEW AND NOT THE SAME AS HE’S USED TO! You all might have noticed that Wizard does not adapt well to change
- While waiting for Maggie to get bath and nails done, I headed over to Walmart and look what I found! We hope to pop out to give this to Baby Slayer, but our main goal this weekend is to visit Middle Son and his Fiance since we haven’t seen them lately, and we miss them. It’s hard to be everywhere!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear five random things about your week. Have a great weekend!
Next Page »