Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, March 22nd, 2019
TGIF! I don’t know where the week went–all I heard was the whoosh of time passing and suddenly, it’s Friday! Okay here’s 5 random things about my week:
- Our little city has gained worldwide fame for the poppy craze. There’s even shots from satellite picture space, LOL! (See the picture.) All the orange are the poppies in the canyon that is just a couple of miles from my house. So this weekend, I’m staying home.
- The last two days have rained, and there’s still diehards trying to see the poppies. Um…they only bloom in sunlight But truly I understand it, this is a rare beauty and people want to experience it.
- My book is a battlefield as big as the Poppy Apocalypse. Not kidding. I’m so freaking annoyed and tired of this. Also, Wine Is My Friend.
- I’ve been on a semi-diet for a day and a half. Still not skinny. Sad
- My dog, Maggie, is an amazing gift! Maybe to others, she’s just a dog, but to me, she’s special. She brings Wizard and I love, loyalty and laughter that we would never have known without her. And she reminds me to be grateful each and every day. Maggie was worth waiting for (most of you know how long I waited to have a dog of my own!), and I’ll treasure her for all the days we have with her.
Okay so that’s my Friday Five, and now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, March 8th, 2019
TGIF, it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I have a boomerang version of this cold. Wizard has had the normal progression: Sore throat, congestion, a little cough, feeling icky for two to three days, then improving steadily each day after that. He’s almost kicked the cold entirely. I had two days of a sore throat and some congestion which then disappeared. Tuesday evening, it returned coated in ground glass which scraped all over my throat for two days and nights. Yesterday afternoon, my throat was improving dramatically, thereby saving me a trip to Urgent Care, so yay for that! Now I appear to just have the tail end of a cold.
- Wizard is convinced I went back to writing too soon. Maybe, but I’m really trying! I had one day this week when I was obsessed with writing and had to force myself to stop and walk away at 5pm. (Okay, Wizard may have used a glass of wine to lure me away from the computer, LOL) I love that feeling! Yesterday, I couldn’t make a scene work no matter what I tried, and I ended up doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, anything else but writing. That kind of monotonous busy work, sadly, helps me think too. Hopefully by today, I’ll have the solution to tackle and tame the scene.
- Next week I have jury duty again. I had it not long after my surgery, but once I showed up wearing my hard brace, and the still healing scar on my throat, they were happy to defer it for almost three months
- One day, I want to write a fast-paced, can’t-catch-your-breath thriller. Or suspense. I love both suspense and thrillers. However I can’t stomach horror movies, and or gory scenes. Heck, I can barely stomach watching the news.
- I hope to finally have lunch with Biker Witch today. I had to cancel last Friday because I was getting sick. Then we cancelled plans Wednesday because it was raining (we were meeting at an outdoor mall). Tomorrow may be iffy as Biker Witch had a small procedure today (she’s okay), and it’s possible she may not feel up to it. But we’ll get together soon one way or another!
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend! And for most of us in the U.S., don’t forget to set your clocks forward an hour on Saturday night
Friday, March 1st, 2019
This was a quick week! Okay time to share our Friday Five.
- The hills around us are filled with yellow-orange poppies. People come to our city to hike up and see them. It’s really amazing. I didn’t get a chance to snap my own picture, but this is what it looks like:
- I’ve been to the gym twice this week and if I can get there this morning, that will make three which would be great. But, Wizard and I may be coming down with a cold, and if we are, any guesses where we got it? While the gym is good for many things, it also attracts people who don’t have the courtesy to stay away when they are sick :-(. It could just be allergies though, we’re having a lot of those here in So. Cal. with the wildly swinging weather.
- Tuesday, Wizard and I went to hang out with Turbo. We had so much fun playing with him! We took him for a walk, played soccer (he kicks a ball, it’s adorable), played with toys, and finally, he fell asleep on me. He slept three and a half hours–we wore the kid out, LOL!
- Wizard and I looked at some one-story houses this week. Then we stressed over numbers. Then we bought a lotto ticket and drank some wine. But life is good, we have a home, the family is healthy, and we’ll move when the time is right.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch (my sister) for lunch and a little retail therapy. That’s always a good day.
I didn’t talk about writing, but I’m working when I can. I need a few more hours of energy in the day to get everything done! So that’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours!
Have a great weekend!
Friday, February 22nd, 2019
Well that was another fast week! So youngest (BLB) called last night to chat, and now I’m writing this blog in a rush. It’s all his fault Here’s my Friday Five!
- It’s snowing in some parts of our town. We’re hoping it snows here sometime during (last) night!
- I went to the gym for the first time this week. I’m barely sore and mostly in my calves. Of course, Wizard went with me to make sure I didn’t do anything stupid I was grateful for his help because it’s all new equipment at the gym since the last time I was there, and I plan to go with him a few more times before I do it on my own.
- I’ve been writing, but progress is elusive since I keep reorganizing to find the right pacing. But as Wizard points out, I can write again for a few hours without pain, so that’s a win.
- I made a new recipe last night: Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wizard ate it all, and said he liked it, although it was a bit spicy for him. I liked it too.
- This weekend I’m babysitting my grandson Turbo for a couple of hours! Wizard is going racing with Middle Son, so Middle Son’s wife (I must come up with a name for her, she’s our family chef, wine connoisseur and volunteers at a pet rescue–there’s so much to choose from!) is coming over to help with the Turbo Machine. We’ll have fun together with Turbo! I’m so looking forward to that.
That’s my quick FF, now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, February 15th, 2019
It’s time for Friday Five:
- Wowzers, did we get rain! I think the worst of it is over as I type this, but Yikes! We were worried, and a few miles down the road from us, the runoff was so bad, it collapsed the foundation of a house. The street that divides us from the hills is closed with mud, but we’re fine so far! Talk about Murphy’s Law–we’re in a drought for years, then we have a massive forest fire, followed by the most rain in a decade or more!
- Very little writing My restructure is working so far, but I need a breakthrough here. Next week!
- Happy Belated Valentines Day to everyone! Wizard and I planned to have dinner at a little Italian place my our house. I’m writing this blog before we leave, but that’s the plan unless we can’t get there due to road closures rom the rain.
- All this rain makes Maggie sad. She misses her walks, and sticks close to us.
- We’re celebrating Youngest son’s birthday this weekend. We’re having all the family to my house, but I’m keeping it pretty simple. I’ll be baking some non-dairy cookies which is a first, so we’ll see how that turns out. Youngest is so forgiving, I’m not too worried.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours!
Friday, February 8th, 2019
So…it’s Friday? All week, I’ve been confused on what day it is. Sometimes I do that on one day, but it’s been Every Single Day! So if it’s not Friday, let’s just play along!
- I know how to write a book. No really, I do! Or I did…can we forget how to write a book? Never mind, I don’t want to talk about it!
- Maggie is clean and pretty! I took her down to get a bath and grooming. She’s not a fan of water or blow driers, but she loves the girls there and likes hanging out with all the daycare dogs there.
- We sorted out some health insurance things. Yep, that’s the kind of exciting life we live here in The Lyon Lair, LOLOL!!
- Wizard and I are deciding today if we will pull the trigger and book our vacation. It depends on a few factors, like if the flights are still available, and if we can bring ourselves to–gulp–spend the money. Stay tuned! I’m losing so much writing time to this decision! Oh, and believe it or not, Wizard is worrying about leaving Maggie at boarding for a week He doesn’t want her to think we aren’t coming back for her.
- This weekend, I’m may be seeing Baby Slayer if all goes well (things are a bit chaotic in the aftermath of the car accident, but they are fine.) Baby Slayer’s mom called him Turbo in a recent video once, and I may steal that name! Or Rocket Otherwise, I’m going to roll up my sleeves and kick some book bootie!
As you can see, I’ve had a quiet week. Busy with a bunch of boring stuff, but nothing noteworthy. How was your week? I really want to know!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, February 1st, 2019
TGIF! Let’s jump right into five random things about our week:
- I’m thinking about all of you in the Extreme Weather Zone. I hope everyone is okay!
- Here in So Cal, we have rain, rain and more rain. Maggie is NOT a fan. We’re under “at risk watch” for slides and debris flow, but we aren’t worried right now.
- I’m more than 250 pages into my book. I was shocked. It’s going to be an ugly draft when I’m hit The End (around 500 pages is my guess), but that’s what revisions are for.
- It’s February! I need to really hunker down and work. Plus start re-engaging on social media, but baby steps, right?
- It’s been a pretty quiet week. Oh I saw a friend for lunch on Wednesday and that was awesome! I also had a Caribbean salad I really enjoyed too. Lately, it seems like only about one-in-four restaurant meals are decent anymore.
I don’t have any big plans for the weekend, except working. Wizard will be watching the Superbowl, I’ll either be writing, playing with Maggie or reading. Unless I go see Baby Slayer, cause I can drive now!
Okay your turn to share your Friday Five. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay warm and safe!
Next Page »