Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
Next Page »
Friday, May 7th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s share five random things about our week.
- I saw Biker Witch yesterday, and enjoyed that.
- I also tried to look for pictures from our bedroom and that was a big huge fail. I’ll get something eventually. But I ran around wearing myself out when I’d rather have been writing.
- I jinxed myself, and my neck, shoulder, and arm are acting up with some radiating pain. Who knows why, it was just kind of an off week overall, and I cleaned plus yoga, so maybe I overdid. There was no specific moment where I felt any injury or sudden pain. Plus it’s hot and humid, so…it’s a mystery. I’m trying to rest it a little through the weekend but honestly, I suck at that, LOL!
- Maggie chased corner cat out of our back yard, then stood on the hill and did this tiny little “Arf” at the fence the cat escaped over. I cracked up. I mean she did a great job making the cat leave, but her bark was about as scary as a rabbit’s sneeze
- The plan is for Turbo and his mom to come hang out with us today! Yay!
I hope all the mom’s out there a special Mother’s Day! Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week!
Friday, April 30th, 2021
TGIF. I can’t keep up with the weeks anymore. Hopefully I’m posing this on Friday, but between my confusion and my blog-scheduler problems, who knows Anyway, here are 5 random things about my week:
- Maggie’s doing pretty well after her dental cleaning. No extractions, etc. But I really don’t want to put her through any more procedures for a while. Oh an awesome bonus, they cut her nails while she was under anesthesia. I really appreciate that.
- Not talking about writing. I just need to get out of my own way.
- I’m still doing exercise bands and beginning yoga three times a week. I enjoy it for the most part. Now that I’ve been doing it for a while, I’m pushing a bit more while really trying NOT to hurt myself. I’m pretty sure if I do get hurt, it will be from something stupid like falling out of a simple yoga pose, tripping over the mat or any number of equally embarrassing things.
- I bought a second swimsuit. This one is a tankini type (two piece but long top). I still look…um…middle aged (I’m so proud that I didn’t say fat, LOL), but I like it. I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t ride up in the water. We’ll see. I don’t know how long we’ll have the pool, and I want to enjoy it without a lot of mental pain over how I look. That’s such a waste of emotional energy in my opinion.
- I broke down and made cookies yesterday. They are a healthier than typical version of Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal Pecan Cookies. Only I substituted dark chocolate chips for the pecans because I craved chocolate. They are pretty good, a cross between oatmeal cookies and pumpkin pie with a chocolate kick.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 22nd, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Our week was compressed since Turbo was here Sunday and Monday. Tuesday ended up being Monday and Tuesday compressed into one marathon day. In fact the whole week feels like a marathon.
- Wizard and I have real bedroom furniture! Guys, I’m not even kidding when I say we had…well…old crap. The dresser had to be well over 60 years old, and not in the cool antique that should be refinished way. More like, the old, tired and eyesore way. For nightstands, we had two particle board round tables I bought for $10.00 each back in the day when we couldn’t afford pizza, and covered them with bargain table clothes. But after nearly four decades, we have a new dresser and nightstands we love! They even match!
- I went to the dentist. Not exciting at all, but glad to have it done since it’s been over a year. All good. Although the hygienist nearly panicked at my gag reflex when she was taking x-rays. I’ve stopped warning people because they NEVER believe me. I always get the same response, “Just breathe through your nose, you’ll be fine.” And I’m like, what you think I can’t breath and throw up at the same time? Trust me, I can. But after the first x-ray, the poor woman said, “I’ll run fast!” So we got it done, and she got her cardo workout at the same time.
- I also did my eye exam. I ordered new glasses that are transparent pink, and I think, cool. They are also Versace. I hesitated for about a minute, then could hear Wizard’s voice in my head, “If you like them and they’re comfortable, order them, you cheap witch.” I handed over my dusty, shocked credit card. I’m also trying out a trial pair of stronger prescription contracts too, but there’s nothing dramatic about that. If they don’t work, my old prescription will work fine.
- Carla and I have plans for next week, but to do all that I needed to set Savaged Dreams free. Amazon then surprised me by doing it faster and easier than I expected. Adding to my shock, the free book spontaneously took off on Amazon, even hitting their new adult and contemporary romance free top 100 lists yesterday. I’m not sure how or why since we hadn’t done any promo yet, but yay! And a huge shout out to my assistant, Carla, she’s been working so hard behind the scenes. It’s been a LOT of work, but we’re excited to have some Swag and fun things for readers.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Thursday, April 15th, 2021
TGIF! And we’re leaping right into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- I’m focused on writing at least a part of the day. Hoping for magic
- Maggie is loving the nicer weather and lizard hunting. But allergies (I think) are causing her to lick and annoy her carpal pad (I think that’s what it’s called, it’s the pad around her the “ankle” area of her paw). I’ve given her Benadryl once and it helped calm the licking, but I’m not excited about drugging her more than necessary.
- I’m still doing bands and yoga practice. I began with twice a week, barely doing anything and slowly working up. I’m up to three times a week, and doing about 4o minutes to an hour of work. My yoga practice is beginner level at best, but I enjoy it and I’m hoping my hands, wrists and neck can tolerate it.
- A friend of mine had major surgery this week. She’s on my mind pretty much constantly.
- It’s going to be a Turbo weekend! Turbo is coming Sunday and spending the night so his parents can have a night away from home to celebrate my son’s birthday. If all goes well, Turbo and I will make cupcakes for his dad’s birthday. I didn’t ask his dad what kind of cupcakes he wants, instead we’re making the kind I think Turbo wants, LOL! But CPA Boy won’t care–if his son makes him cupcakes, he will love them.
That’s it for me, now I’d love to hear 5 random things about your week! Have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 8th, 2021
TGIF! Time to jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- You may have seen this on my social media already: I have an assistant again! I’ve worked with Carla a few years back, and am pleased to be working with her once more. She smart, energetic and full of ideas. Carla is the owner and operator of Everything Romance Blog and Everything Romance Promotions.
- The funny thing about having an assistant–it’s more work in the beginning. I knew this from experience, but let’s just say Carla’s amazing and I’m out of breath trying it keep up, LOL! All joking aside, I had planned to wait until I was deeper into this book to prove to myself I could do it before taking on an assistant. But when a good opportunity comes around, the wise woman takes it. And gets her butt in the chair and writes the dang book.
- In Weird & Cool Finds news. I was searching old emails looking for something I can’t even remember now, and found an entire paranormal proposal (a proposal is a synopsis, three chapters and mini-outlines for several character’s stories) that I’d sent to my editor. I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about it. I didn’t have it stored in my normal files of books either. This had been a big deal at the time, and my agent was submitting this proposal to editors, so how I did just forget? What I think happened was I sold another contemporarily series to Entangled and had started writing The Plus One Chronicles to self-publish, so we set this paranormal one aside. And then I changed computers, and for some reason, this series wasn’t transferred over to the new one. In any case, I have it all in a folder now. I don’t know what I’ll do with it, but I have it to either finish or rewrite at a later date.
- I’m scheduled to get my second Covid shot tomorrow. I’ve spent the week getting stuff done just in case I have a reaction. I had no reaction to the first one other than a sore arm. My hope is that I have little or no reaction to this one and can log in some real writing time. This book needs my full, focused, crazy-eyed attention.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch to hang out for a few hours and really looking forward to that. I would love to see Turbo this weekend too, but I have to see if I have a reaction to the shot first. I can take time off from writing next week to see him too, but I’m getting really torn between the whole having a life thing and writing this book. Can’t I just have a few more hours and extra energy five or six days a week????? I’m mean, sure, I’d probably waste them on Google or watching dog videos, but who knows, I might actually write a book. Where do I put in my request for extra hours and energy?
That’s my five random things, now I’d REALLY love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
Friday, April 2nd, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week:
- April is filled with appointments and I’m just scratching the surface of things I need to catch up on after the Covid shutdown. I made Maggie’s dental appointment and am relived about that because it’s been a couple years since her last one. Small breed dogs have a lot of problems with their teeth. In this case, preventative care really is worth the money, time and risk of anesthesia. We originally planned to do it at the beginning of this year, but Maggie’s bladder stones threw us a curveball. We’ve renamed Maggie — Maggie Money Pit this year She’s not amused.
- I’ve also scheduled my eye and dental appointments. Both of those are after my second shot, but overall I feel pretty safe with the protocols in place. My bank card, however, doesn’t feel safe from the price tag of new glasses, LOL.
- Wizard and I have never had “real” bedroom furniture. I have my parents old beat up dresser and two round particle board tables with cheap tablecloths as nightstands. Today we began looking for a dresser and nightstands that actually match and look decent. We found something we like, but will we buy it? I mean it’s been three and a half decades and we haven’t done it yet. What if we’re rushing into the decision?????
- We’ve begun real spring cleaning by washing all the upstairs windows and screens. We’ll do the downstairs next week. After that, I’ll get the blinds all dusted, then it’s carpet cleaning–I even ordered the detergent stuff for the carpet cleaning machine. We’ll get it all done in small chunks. My regular cleaning is getting ignored while we do all this other stuff.
- I sent a letter to terminate my gym membership. For me, that’s the last place I’m comfortable returning to this year since it wasn’t particularly clean before Covid. I can rejoin later, or maybe try something else. For the last few weeks, I’ve been using bands and progressing very slowly with mild strength training. I’m also adding in an occasional beginning Yoga class that focuses on body alignment and active muscle engagement which is key to strength and balance–something I want to maintain as time goes on. We’ll see how it goes.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, March 26th, 2021
Sorry for the late post! I had it set up correctly, but it glitched and didn’t post
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- Yesterday Turbo and Special K came over and spent the day here. It turns out that when Turbo says, “Grandma will you play with me?” I will crawl all over the house playing cars. My car is the bad guy trying to escape and Turbo’s car is the police. I may be crippled when I try to get out of bed this morning, but when Turbo says, “Grandma…” I melt and do whatever he wants. That laughter you hear in the background is Special K cracking up because Grandma will do anything Turbo wants (I love her so much! And she’s awesome to drive all the way out here and spend the day with us.)
- This whole week has been a game of Catch Up and I’m losing It’s nothing bad, just one of those weeks where life is happening faster than I’m moving, LOL.
- I took Maggie in for her recheck after the bladder stones, and her PH is still high enough to be concerning. I’m a little surprised, but we’re going to try a round of meds and see if that helps. I’ll start her on the meds today and give it 30 days. I’m also going to be more diligent about giving her distilled or filtered water.
- Maggie got pounced on by another off leash dog this week. In this case, it was a silly young German shepherd. He didn’t mean harm, but he’s twice Maggie’s size (Maggie’s fine). I’m just over it. We’ve had a very serious dog attack in our family just about two weeks ago (I can’t talk about it because authorities are involved) but I’m too angry to even deal with irresponsible owners.
- This weekend, we are going to see Middle Son and his wife for her birthday. And I get to visit my two grandpups, I’m so looking forward to spending time with all them!
That’s my week, now I’d love to hear about yours! I hope you all have a great weekend!
Next Page »