Archive for the 'Jenn’s Posts' Category
Next Page »
Friday, October 18th, 2019
TGIF!! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We got a bunch of quotes for new garage doors. Once we passed through the stages of shock, anger, bargaining with God to win lotto, and finally acceptance, we made a decision Our new garage doors will be installed on Tuesday. We had two quotes over the phone (worthless for fairly obvious reasons–if you’re too lazy to come out and do a proper quote with pesky measurements and all, we’re too lazy to hire you), and four in-person quotes, and in that process, Wizard and I learned a lot more than we ever planned to know about roll up garage doors. But it did help us make a decision. I’m not even going to talk about California’s insane laws because I don’t have a seaweed, emotional support latte to help me think. Nor would I drink that if I did have it
- Still kind of, sort of, writing. Last night I thought I’d ruined the book, today I’m thinking…I need a latte. No wait, I’m thinking the book isn’t bad and I can totally make it work…but I should still get a latte. Maybe I’ll go buy one tomorrow because I’m irritating myself with my sudden latte obsession.
- I saw my doctor this week, mostly to deal with my right elbow and other assorted stuff. He did another shot in my elbow, plus an x-ray, and I’m waiting to hear on that. I have looked at the x-rays images myself, but then I remembered that I never went to medical school, so…yeah…my diagnosis is worth as much as my non-existent medical degree. It’s probably just chronic tendonitis from an old injury, and also I’m recommending latte physical therapy to heal the stupid elbow. Bending my elbow to drink qualifies as therapy, right? Ha! I live in California, of course, it does!
- Maggie charmed the man yesterday who came over to finalize the garage door thing. She was all shy, sweet and wiggly, and it works every time. Just like the time she met us and used her adorable charm to secure her forever home and human servants. Yeah, we eventually caught onto her methods, but she has us too well-trained now to do anything but fulfill her every wish.
- Turbo is coming over Sunday and spending the night again. Maggie is resting up! Wizard and I are making sure to keep those days clear to enjoy The Turbo Toddler. If it goes as well as last time, we’ll be thrilled. And if it doesn’t, we’ll still enjoy having him because that’s what grandparents do. Then we’ll send him home and crash–maybe with a latte. Or wine. Probably wine if we have the energy to lift a wine glass.
That’s my five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
Guys! Hi it’s me Maggie. Did you all know that my mom used to write mystery books?
Well I have a big mystery on my paws right here at my house! You ready? The big outside trash cans where my lizard-friends like to hide vanish! I’m not even joshing, they just disappear like magic or something. I’ll show you.
See that, they’re gone! I’m sitting right where they trash cans should be. This isn’t even the first time. They go missing for like a whole day, and then they reappear.
Isn’t that a great mystery? Wanna help me solve it?
Wednesday, October 9th, 2019
Hi guys, it’s me, Maggie.
I’m blogger-talkin’ from the outside place where the trashcans live. Do you see me?
So, I’ve been standing here now for 45 minutes. I know that cuz my mom came outside and said, “Maggie, you’ve been standing here for 45 minutes.”
And I’m like, “Yeah, mom, I know! On account of I’m waiting for you or Wizard-dad to move the trashcan! There’s a lizard hiding under there and I gotta find him! It’s a game!”
My mom got a funny look on her face and went in the house. Then I heard her and Wizard-dad talking, and saying words like: That dog is a serial killer of lizards. We need an intervention.
I am not a serial killer–whatever that is. I’m a nice girl, a sweet dog who loves, LOVES, playing hide and seek with my friends, allll the lizards. When they run or hide, I seek. I’m getting really good too! I tag them with my teeth or claws, and they stop running!
But I’m not a serial lizard killer. Cuz that sounds kind of mean, and I’m not mean. I know that for sure because I went to my Dr. Veterinarian today and she pronounced me, “Healthy and sweet”. All medically official with her Dr. title and everything! And she gave me treats which proves I’m a good girl, am I right? I love Dr. Veterinarian!
Also, what’s an intervention? Maybe my mom and Wizard-dad need one?
Anyhow, that’s what I’m doing today. What are you all doing?
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Friday Biker Witch and I went to lunch to celebrate her birthday. We ate at cheesecake factory and mostly window shopped. I made a regrettable decision to order chocolate mousse cheesecake and eat more than half of it. It was delicious but anytime I eat that kind of heavy cream dessert, but stomach waits about 24 hours and them springs revenge on me.
My stomach is rude. Just saying.
Also, I’m an idiot. But hanging out and eating with Biker Witch is always fun!
Saturday and Sunday were all about Turbo and a success! Turbo came, he spent the night and went home healthy, happy and tired. We honestly had a delightful time with him. His very smart parents brought all the right things, including his car track and Legos, which we set up in the living room and we played in there for hours. Turbo even slept through the night. It took awhile to get him to go to sleep, but I don’t mind that. I just didn’t want him to wake at 2am and be scared because his mom or dad wasn’t there with him.
He will be coming for a second overnight visit in two weeks. More exhausting fun ahead! And now, even if he does have a difficult night, he’ll be more familiar with waking up to Grandma and Grandpa.
Today I’ll probably skip the gym and get back to writing. It’s going to be a semi-busy week but I should have time to work.
How was your weekend?
Friday, October 4th, 2019
It’s time to share five random things about our week. I’ll start with mine:
- We went to the dentist yesterday and I got an A+. Wizard did not, LOL! Yep, I gloated, but only because his was really minor stuff and he teases me about my slightly over the top obsession with brushing and flossing my teeth.
- I had hours on Wednesday to write and could not make a short scene work. Thursday I had less than an hour before leaving for the dentist and that’s when the solution came to me. That’s pretty much my writing life
- My brother called yesterday and he’s doing great after his cancer surgery. I’m so happy that he went after this so fast and aggressive. His prognosis is really positive. Luck played a huge part in that too, of course. He was able to catch it early, it’s a cancer that can be surgically removed, he had access to health care…so many factors that contributed to his good outcome. I am very aware of how fortunate we are. We also have a relative fighting hard with a less positive prognosis.
- Today I’m taking Biker Witch out to celebrate her birthday! I’m looking forward to a sister day. We will probably manage to stay out of trouble. Maybe.
- Saturday is a big day for us! The plan is that our grandson will spend the night without his parents for the first time. Of course, with a toddler things can change, and Turbo can struggle with teething now and again. But right now, his parents plan to drop him off, leave, and come back Sunday to pick him up. This wouldn’t be a big deal if we lived closer, but we are a solid hour (more with traffic) away and Turbo’s only 18 months old. I so appreciate them doing this! Wizard is so excited! I am too, but seeing Wizard’s joy just adds to mine.
So that’s my week and weekend plans. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019
Yep, I laughed! What about you, do you find this funny or not?
Monday, September 30th, 2019
My weekend must have been on steroids
So Friday night, Youngest Son texted and asked if I was coming by on Saturday. I told him yes, I was bringing him cookies. My sneaky boy then casually said, “Great! And if you want you can help me paint.”
Yep, I was totally set up! And of course I did it since Youngest is technically still on the injured list with his sliced up hand. So Saturday, I made breakfast, then baked cookies, and got to Youngest Son’s by 10:30 am. We painted a couple of living room walls while his fiance was at work. By the way, she’d painted two other walls all by herself the day before! I finished up some trim work on those walls then moved onto the other two walls. It’s fun to help out. And Wizard brought us lunch and some supplies. Then I came home and cooked dinner, watched a movie and passed out? LOL!
Sunday, Wizard went racing, and I had my soon to be daughter-in-law’s shower. My awesome, amazing sister came over early brought me a large latte. Best Latte Ever! We got to spend an hour enjoying our coffee and chatting, then we headed over to the beautiful shower. The bride’s sister and mom did the shower, and I’m so impressed with how lovely it turned out. But when I looked at my watch, four hours had gone by! I needed to get Biker Watch back to my house so she could get home. So we left but…
My car wouldn’t start. Grrr! I hate car trouble. However, my oldest son had come to pick up his wife and my other daughter-in-law, so I ran around the corner–in heels!–and caught them before they left. They jumped my car, it started and I got us home. So while it stressed me out a bit, all is fine. Tomorrow we’ll get the battery changed.
Are you all impressed I can run, okay more like slow-jog, in heels? Okay they were wedges, but still, they are high wedges and I didn’t break my ankle
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Next Page »