Archive for the 'Jenn’s Posts' Category
Next Page »
Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
Grandma, I’ll drive you!
Who could say no to that face???
Monday, August 19th, 2019
I heard a rumor that there was a weekend???? Can anyone actually confirm that? LOL! As usual, we had a busy weekend. The two highlights were:
- Saturday, we went out to Middle Son and his wife’s house to meet their newest addition, a sweet dog named Hazel. They now have two dogs, Jett and Hazel. Jett is a Dude, where’s the party? kind of guy. While Hazel has a little more refinement to her. She’s still a puppy at about 10 months old, but she truly has old soul energy about her, very calm and centered. Maggie met her with no problem. It was a good morning there, but I didn’t take pictures because we were very focused on introducing the dogs right–and that includes walking them together, etc. I handed Wizard put my purse and phone to put in their house and forgot all about taking pictures until we left. I have to say, really admire my son and his wife, as they are both committed to having big, power breed dogs, but they make sure the dogs have consistent structure, training and are never exposed to aggressive behavior. As a result, they are very balanced dogs and a pleasure to be around. Jett, however, has no clue he’s a big dog, LOL! I was sitting on the floor talking to all the dogs, and Jett backed up to me, sat on my lap then leaned back so that I was holding him and rubbing his belly. So I was pretty much holding a 70 pound love bug. He’s absolutely ridiculous and irresistable at the same time.
- Sunday, Wizard went racing, and I went to Youngest Son’s house and helped my almost daughter-in-law put a special primer on the walls of one of the bedrooms. That particular room is bugging her allergies, but we’ll get it all fixed up. Man that girl works hard! She rolled the whole room while I did the trim work. Youngest was patching holes and texturing walls in that room, and in other rooms too. Plus he was moving the ladder around for me. I’m sure I’ll be a little sore today, but it’s been 9 1/2 months since my surgery, so I’m past having to worry about causing any real damage. It’s so nice to feel useful again!
That was the two highlights, and I’m back trying to work on my book around life. The stops and starts are really bad for being able to get into the story, but on the other hand, the time away has helped me to see more clearly how I can make my heroine stronger as my critique partner suggested. I’m just diving in and trying.
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, August 16th, 2019
TGIF!! Let’s dive right into five random things about our week. Here’s mine!
- Baking cookies does not help one lose weight. Nor does, you know, eating. And I have a dress to fit into in November. I need to clean up my eating habits. But I so love to bake! And eat. Sigh.
- We got our car back Tuesday night! Yay! I’m so happy about that. It’s been a somewhat quiet week though. I just don’t have the energy to run all over right now.
- I have gone to the gym though, where I learned I like the smell of Coppertone way more than stale cigarette smoke. Some people bring smells with them to the gym, and it’s not always pleasant once they start sweating. Once I was on the treadmill next to a guy wearing strong, pungent aftershave. I think he must have dumped on the whole bottle of the stuff! Every time I inhaled, my nose burned and my eyes watered. I had to move to different equipment. Just a caveat though–I don’t run into that problem a lot at the gym, so it sticks in my mind when I do.
- Hmm, and now I’m second guessing if I used the word “caveat” correctly. It sounded correct in my head.
- Target has let me down twice now. In a week’s time, they charged me twice for the same six-pack of Diet Coke, and they delivered a gift a day late from their promised two-day delivery. I am sad as I love Target. Now I’m wondering if I’ve given my love too easily?
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 14th, 2019
Do you ever wonder if you read the same book as others are talking about? I read a book the Wall Street Journal called, “A novel of love, lies, and deceit.”
I’ll agree to lies and deceit, but love? Nope, not when spouses are lying throughout their marriage about important things, and cheating with someone outside the marriage. I started out liking the heroine, but by the end, I loathed her, and just skimmed it to find out the answer to the mystery.
And even that was so lame and ridiculous, I ranted to Wizard for a solid ten minutes.
Sigh. I guess people really loved this book, and to each his own. But for me, this was a lot of buildup, creating an illusion of mystery and possible danger…and it all turned out to be self-inflicted misery.
In good news, I’ve been listening to a string of audio books I enjoyed by Elin Hilderbrand, and now I’m listening to some books by Nora Roberts. I just need to find a good Kindle book to read that doesn’t make me ranty!
What’s new in your world of books and reading?
Monday, August 12th, 2019
Happy Monday! The weekend was a good, but dizzying, whirlwind. I got to do most everything I wanted to do, except go watch Turbo at his swim lessons. I’ll do that next weekend. Anyhow, we helped Youngest with the move, and both he and his fiance are pretty well settled in their beautiful new home. For the record, my soon to be daughter-in-law and I put a bed frame together, and set up the bed on our own. We don’t need boys and we told them that! We got the guest room all set up without any help from them.
Sunday, the family all went over, Turbo (my grandson), was the first one in the pool (with his dad and uncle)! Turbo definitely approves of the pool. They have a really nice backyard to have family and friends over to hang out in.
On Saturday, I cooked, and I made two different batches of cookies while Wizard was back at Youngest’s house helping him with things like changing locks.
After he got home, we went to Biker Witch and Biker Hubby’s house. Biker Witch is doing much better now. It’s been a month since her surgery, and while she has a way to go, she’s definitely feeling better than she was and making solid progress. Maggie went with us, and she was thrilled that Biker Hubby bought Maggie her very own special box of small treats.
I think they gave her about 10 of them, LOL! But they were really small treats, so that’s okay.
They also had a great surprise for Wizard–his very favorite boysenberry pie. Wizard and Maggie are both seriously spoiled
Today, the washing machine guy is coming to install a new timer that we hope will solve the spin problem, and I’m hoping I’ll manage to get at least a couple of hours of work in.
How was your weekend?
Friday, August 9th, 2019
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a good week! Here’s five random things about my week.
- I wrote five pages yesterday. It doesn’t sound like much, but I’m happy I could do that. I know many people think I should start something new, but I can’t knowing I didn’t finish this trilogy. But I’ll never again publish before I finish or at least drafted. Life has too many curveballs ready to throw off our plans!
- A lizard lost the game of chase to Maggie I had to dispose of said lizard because Wizard was off helping Youngest with his pool. The poor creature was totally intact and looked unharmed, just…not alive. Maggie really does like the chase part, and I guess she loses interest after that. It’s possible the little guy just died on its own too, since I didn’t see it to know for sure. Possible, but unlikely, given Maggie’s history of chasing lizards. Oh well, I love her anyway.
- Replacing the garage door opener turned into a major day and a half project. The biggest snafu was a wiring problem–caused by Wizards getting a staple through the wire. Shh…don’t tell him I told you He knew it, but we both of us spent hours trying every other possible solution to avoid him having to rewire. The next day, he rewired it, and now the new opener is working great. He’s soooo much more patient with this stuff now that he’s retired and not under constant time pressures.
- Having only one car is inconvenient. In the scale of life problems, this is a minute one, but I’ll sure be glad to get our car back next week. I hope it’s ready as promised!
- Youngest and Fiance are in the process of moving into their new home, and should finish the bulk of it this weekend. Exciting times for them! I think I’ll bake youngest cookies too celebrate. You’re never too old for homemade cookies from your mom, right?
This weekend, I hope to see Turbo, but I also want to see my sister since it’s hard, boring and frustrating to recover from major surgery. The one-car situation, Youngest moving, and life in general has made it tricky, but I’ll work it out Now I’d really like to hear five things about your week! If I don’t answer on Friday, I will sometime during the weekend, we may be coming and going a lot.
Have a safe and fun weekend!
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019
Hi guys, it’s me, Maggie! For fun I thought I’d show you a pic of me after I spent the day playing with one of my bestest friends ever, Turbo (mom’s grandson).
For reals, this is me after Turbo left. Me and Turbo run and play, and plus…shhhh…don’t tell my mom, but he feeds me food when mom isn’t looking.
My stupid brother, Middle Son, told on me once though I heard him say, “Mom, you better make Maggie come outside with us, Turbo is feeding her.” Brothers, am I right? I mean Middle Son brother is usually all cool, with lots of pets and gives me treats, but that tattling to mom totally sucks.
But Turbo never tattles! He sure does giggle though, and that makes my tail all happy! I can’t even stop my tail from all the joyful wagging.
The only time I worried a little bit was when they took my bestest friend ever, Turbo, in that big water hole. But don’t worry, I was really brave and went all the way to the edge where I saw my other brother, Oldest Son, holding onto Turbo real good. Also mom and my last brother (I gots a lot of brothers!) Youngest Son held Turbo too, but they were also super careful.
So I didn’t worry anymore.
On Monday, I wasn’t very hungry, and I mostly lazed around. Mom and Wizard Dad said it was because I was hung over from all the fun with Turbo. But I didn’t care, it was worth it!
Gosh, I sure hope Turbo comes over again soon!
Do any of you have special friends who make you so tired you don’t feel as good as usual even the next day on account of all the fun you have together?
P.S., Mom said she’s sorry she doesn’t have a pic of me and Turbo from Sunday. She said we move too fast for her to snap a pic–whatever that means. Probably she just forgot on account of it was her birthday and she was having fun too
Next Page »