Wednesday, June 13th, 2018
It’s so hot in So Cal. Fires are breaking out, and I guess, summer is here. So I went through my files to find a guy who looks almost as sweaty as I feel:
What do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, June 11th, 2018
We had a pretty good weekend. Wizard and I went to the movies to see Bookclub. Eh, it was just so-so, but it did the trick as far as getting Wizard out of the house (he’s still on restricted activity), and to distract me from an post-procedure headache. Saturday, I did errands and some writing. Sunday I made these:
I had Special K and youngest’s fiance come over to talk about a family party thing we’re doing in a couple of months. Of course, CPA Boy and Baby Slayer, and Youngest Son came too. But I made the chocolate covered strawberries for the girls
Baby Slayer was hilarious when he got very interested in one of my couch pillows and chatted away with said pillow. LOLOL!! Babies are awesome.
My goal this week is to finally get out of a plot dip that I’ve been swimming around in so long that I’ve turned a “dip” into the Grand Canyon. So I realized it’s time to stop worrying about the whole book, and focus on getting out of this ever-deepening spot before I drown.
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, June 8th, 2018
Hi guys, I had another round of shots in my neck yesterday, so I’m bailing on Friday Five. Predictably after six shots into my cervical spine (into the facet joints specifically), I’m sore and tired. One note: I did have some mild anesthesia this time which made the series of injections easier. I was never asleep, just much more comfortable than the first time I had this done. I also ended up telling my recovery nurse allll about Baby Slayer, LOLOL!!
Anyway, I wanted to wish you all a Happy Friday, and a fabulous weekend!
Wednesday, June 6th, 2018
Yesterday was one of those hit the ground running days. I walked Maggie, went grocerying shopping and then Wizard and I were on the road to see Baby Slayer by about 9:40 am. Baby Slayer is cute as ever!
But while Maggie and I were out walking, I saw a great example of why our kids seem to lack any self-control. We have an elementary school one street over from us. Typically that’s no problem, we know school times and adjust around it. Yesterday, I had to walk Maggie at school drop off time. So Maggie and I were walking on the sidewalk up a busy road with a long, slow snake of cars waiting to go around a corner, then drop off their kids at school. All of a sudden I hear shouting. Up ahead, a woman had gotten out of her car, and was screaming at a man in a truck behind her. The man, in turn, was calling her names (Spoiler Alert–he did NOT call her “a bucking witch…”). Finally she got back in her car, would move a couple feet and stop, blocking the man behind her and everyone else for a few minutes before moving again.
Both of these parents had kids in their vehicles with them, and there were dozens of elementary school-aged kids on the sidewalks close by.
Classy, people, real classy. Honestly, it was just sad and ridiculous.
Let’s move onto something more fun, here’s our Wednesday Worthy candidate for today:
What do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, June 4th, 2018
My website is back online, and on a new server. If this blog posts as it should, then all should be back to normal. However we lost all the comments on Friday’s post, I’m sorry about that, it just couldn’t be avoided. We really needed to move servers.
So my weekend was good. Wizard continues to heal and do a little more each day. Honestly, he’s doing so well, I sometimes hug him and forget, touching him in the wrong place. Things are pretty getting easier for me, and I’m really trying to focus on writing when I can. I’m working back and forth on a couple scenes, trying to set up the last quarter to third of the book. I’m going to lose two writing days this week–one to visit Baby Slayer (yay!!!), and one to get the facet joint shots in neck cervical spine. Although I might get a few hours work in before I go in for the shots, and that would really help. Well I might lose Friday if I’m sore, but I’m betting I can do at least an hour or two though–just enough to stay in the story.
Wizard and I couldn’t see Baby Slayer this weekend so we Skyped with him. That’s right, we Skyped with a baby, LOLOL!!! Yeah, it’s pretty hilarious, but that’s how awesome his mom is. She encourages Baby Slayer to have strong family relationships, and spends time making sure it happens with little things like a ten minute Skype (plus we chatted with her too). So what about Baby Slayer’s dad???? He stuck his head in the video and said, “Hi Mom, remember me, your son?” I had to reassure him I still love him My kids crack me up.
Also, Youngest son and Fiance came over. Fiance’s mom made Wizard a delicious cake using sherry, and she made some incredible homemade skin products for me. So that turned out to be a win-win for me since I got cake and skin products. Wizard can’t possibly eat the cake by himself, and he’s not really into body scrubs and face serum By the way, that cake was amazing, it tasted a little like moist spice cake.
If I had any pride, I wouldn’t mention the oatmeal butterscotch cookies I made this weekend. Wizard is an enabler!! But I can stop all this baking anytime, people, I have willpower. Or maybe I can bake myself some willpower??? (FYI–I froze a lot of the cookies and cake.)
How was your weekend?
Friday, June 1st, 2018
Hi everyone, and TGIF! It’s time to list five random things about our week. I’ll go first, since you know, it’s my blog
- Here’s the week’s doozy for me, and the one that has Wizard and I grateful beyond words to the police department. So two of our sons, Oldest and Youngest work together. At 7:30 yesterday morning, a woman was attacked and held in a hostage or barricade situation in the building our sons work in. To be clear, the attack was in a separate business from my sons’ workplace, but in the same building–close enough for the employees who were there to see what was happening. The police were called, and arrived quickly (I believe it was under four minutes response time) and they swiftly “ended” the standoff. Our two sons hadn’t arrived at work yet when this occurred, and by the time they did, it was a crime scene. Everyone from their office was okay, although pretty shaken up. And…Baby Slayer still has his dad (and uncle!). Special K still has her husband. And my youngest son will still marry the wonderful woman he’s loved for years and years in 2019. We are grateful beyond words.
- Maggie caught a lizard this week. Eww!! I was standing there, egging her on because I thought the lizard would run through the wrought iron fence and save himself. But nope, he doubled back and it was a CHASE. To my shock, Maggie caught him, and I’m screaming “DROP HIM! OH GOD, MAGGIE! DROP IT NOW!!” She did (probably more from my tone than obedience, plus she didn’t seem interested in killing him, just chasing) and looked at me like I’d lost my mind. I knew Bailey Dog could catch Lizards, but I thought Maggie would lose interest after a few seconds. Lesson learned! (And also, I’m just not into torturing any creature for fun like that. I really thought the Lizard would easily escape.)
- Baby Slayer Moment! (One day I’ll stop with the Grandma Madness…maybe)
- Sometimes I wonder why I stay in RWA (Romance Writers of America) but today, they made we so proud and very happy I paid my dues for this year! If you’ve been following #Cockygate, regarding an author trademarking a single common word, then you know this is a big deal. RWA has stepped up to find and pay for legal representation for one of the authors who was targeted in a lawsuit. This lawsuit has wide ranging implication for freedom of speech for all authors. If interested, you can read RWA’s statement here.
- Yesterday I did too much to keep Wizard from doing more than he should. But at the end of the day, I realized that my pain is not as bad is it would have been without any of the shots I’ve been getting. I’m making progress! It’s taking waayyy more time that I’d like (whatever happened to instant cures???), and I’m worried about all the readers I’ve let down, but that was a real lightbulb moment. I’m definitely going in the right direction, and it gives me hope that the shots next Thursday will help even more. With luck, I’ll be able to finish the Savaged Devotion, write the other books I desperately want to, and avoid more drastic measures (surgery) at least for a while.
So that’s my five. My weekend will probably be low-key again, and that’s fine with me. Now it’s your turn to share you five.
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, May 30th, 2018
Today Wizard will get his stitches out, and hopefully, be able to resume some activities, like driving, as he feels up to it. That will free me up to work more!
Okay, now it’s time for our Wednesday Worthy Candidates. This has always been one of my favorites for a fun, sexy contemporary book. But as we all know, romance readers are an intelligent, diverse group with varying tastes. So what do YOU think?
Is he worthy?