Archive for the 'Jenn’s Posts' Category
« Previous Page — Next Page »
Friday, January 5th, 2018
It’s the first Friday of 2018! Let’s list five things about our new year
1) So far I’ve finished reading one book, MOONLIGHT IN MANHATTAN, by Sarah Morgan, DNFed an audio book and have two other books in progress.
2) On my own book, I’ve revised Chapter 2 in SAVAGED DEVOTION and am trying to carve out serious writing time to keep going.
3) And yesterday we found out there was a problem with our health insurance renewal despite making the equivalent of a house payment to roll it over into the new year. I suspect this will all be fine, but it’s costing us hours on the phone to get it all fixed. Amazing how they can take the money but not provide the product in a safe and timely fashion. I’m not sure about the status now on my scheduled epidural for my neck/nerve pain, but one thing at a time.
4) Maggie is awesome! And she keeps me active and makes us laugh.
5) This weekend, I’m going to work, then meet with middle son’s fiance to work on a few baby shower projects for my grandson’s shower in one week.
That’s a quick recap of my first week in 2018, now share yours! Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
So are you all ready for a cowboy? I always love cowboys although I have some mixed feelings about this one.
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, January 1st, 2018
I’ve missed you all! Can you all believe it’s 2018?? Pretty amazing, yeah? I want to wish you all a year filled with courageous choices and joyous moments!
A quick roundup–we had a great Christmas and New Years, now we’ve left the holidays behind and have jumped headfirst into baby shower planning for our grandson (OMG it’s so much fun!!), a small outpatient medical procedure for my neck, and the wedding of another of our nieces. It’s going to be another busy month. And I’m making time to write each day for as many days a week as I can manage. I don’t want to talk about my physical stuff, I just want to go back to writing and finally finish The Savaged Illusions Trilogy, then onto Wing Slayer Hunters. Even if the most I can do is an hour a day, I’m doing it!
How were your holidays? And what are your hopes for 2018?
Friday, December 22nd, 2017
**Note that I’m putting the blog on hiatus until Monday January 1st.
To all my friends and fans!
Wishing you all the Love and Magic of the Holiday Season, and a Very Happy New Year!
For myself, my biggest joys of the year are:
- A grand child on the way
- Middle Son and his girlfriend becoming engaged.
- Adopting our sweet shelter girl, Maggie May
- Wizard, our three sons and their girls (who are daughters to us!)
- And all of you for understanding, maybe at times better than I did, that this year I simply hit a wall both physically and emotionally on my books. And believing that I will be back next year with the final book in the Savaged Illusions series, and I’ll write more books in the Wing Slayer Hunter series. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Please take care, be safe and come back here on Monday January 1st!
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
Happy Wednesday. First let’s take care of business: The digital version of The Baby Bargain is on sale for 99¢! If you like hot tortured Marine heroes, and have a weakness for secret baby and second chance romances, I think you’ll enjoy The Baby Bargain! You can grab your copy here:
Amazon Kindle / B&N / iBooks / Kobo / Google Play
Now here’s our Wednesday Worthy Candidate (taken from https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/the-little-red-dog/alexandramason,)
So what do you think? Is he worthy?
P.S. My soon to be daughter-in-law is raising money for the rescue she works with, Little Red Dog Rescue, and they are trying to win Newman’s Own Foundation $500,000 Holiday Challenge to help even more animals! If you can help, even a $10.00 donation makes a difference. Or you can help by spreading the word on social media. Thank you! Here is the link https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/the-little-red-dog/alexandramason
Monday, December 18th, 2017
Every year, my sister-in-law hosts an amazing Apodaca Holiday Party. It’s always a blast! But I was feeling a bit off, which I attributed to the usual holiday stress most of us are feeling and the dry windy weather. By the time we got home Saturday night, I had an ugly sore throat. Yesterday it hung around, trying to decide if it wants to stay or go. Who knows, it could just be allergies. (Let me live in Denial City, I like it here!)
In other news, Maggie did her first over-nighter at her doggie daycare/boarding. She seemed fine, happy to come home but not anxious or stressed. She’s come a long ways in a few short months. But the interesting part, is the woman who runs the facility, Emily is a true dog and animal lover. So much so that she has three PET SQUIRRELS. Like totally domesticated pet squirrels. She brought one of them out of their cage (which kept out the reach of the dogs) to meet me. She put him on the desk and he came right over to me and nuzzled my hand like a cat or bunny might do. He was a sweetheart!
And on the holiday front, I only have a handful of gifts left to buy, and may even pull off Christmas! Even if I get sick, I think I can do it.
Once I’m done, come hell or high water, I’m going to get back to SAVAGED DEVOTION. Maggie has promised to help
So how was your weekend?
Friday, December 15th, 2017
It’s been pretty danged busy trying to pull off Christmas. I’ve been either shopping, doing other errands, baking or washing endless dishes from baking. I also missed answering comments on Wednesday’s blog, but I read them all :- ) Okay here’s my random five from my week.
- I’ve made 12 loaves each of of pumpkin & zucchini bread. I’ve also made one batch of tea cakes, and a quadruple batch of Mocha Cookies (recipe link here).
- I couldn’t have done any of this without getting the shots in my neck and shoulders from the pain doctor last week. (These were local type shots, not the epidural shot in January that will be done in a surgery center.) They reduced my pain enough to keep going. Nights still stuck, but it would be a lot worse without those trigger point injections so I’m grateful.
- I had set aside 1 loaf of each kind of bread as our “tester” loaf to make sure the bread is decent tasting. Unfortunately, I accidently cut into 2 zucchini loaves, instead of 1 zucchini and 1 pumpkin. That means I screwed up labeling somewhere. I’ll straighten that out tomorrow. It’s not critical, but so annoying. Wizard volunteered to “eat my mistake” because he’s awesome like that.
- I’m about 2/3s or a bit more finished shopping, but it’s not enough! A couple people I’m unsure what to get them but we’ll get it figured out. Thankfully Wizard helps a lot, and we always manage to get it all done.
- Tomorrow is the big Apodaca Family Christmas and that will be fun! But it’ll be a miracle if I can find anything in my closet to wear…that still fits. However if that’s the biggest problem I have to worry about, then I don’t have much to complain about
That’s my Friday Five. Now it’s your turn to share yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
« Previous Page — Next Page »