TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It’s hard to believe that News Year’s Day was just a few days ago. It feels like weeks have gone by for some reason. I think the week just feels off from the holiday. I vote that next year, Christmas and News Year’s Day do not fall on a Monday! Who’s with me?
- I spent hours getting some rough estimates on the cost of the flight and hotel for Hawaii this year. So I told my oldest son his dad and I are actively trying to spend his inheritance on floors and Hawaii. He texted right back, “Get heated marble floors!” I guess he’s now helping me spend his inheritance? The kids always crack me up.
- Looking at costs for Hawaii or searching for the right floor hasn’t been anywhere near as stressful as shopping for a refrigerator was last year! To be fair, if we go to Hawaii, that’s a fun vacation (one hopes!) so we can’t call that stressful. And one of Wizard’s friends has been in the floor business for decades, so he’s helped us a lot and saved us a lot of stress and worry. However, it amuses me that choosing refrigerator stressed us out more than this bigger investment stuff
- Maggie is very suspicious of the samples for hard floors we’ve brought home. She really likes our carpet. But Maggie does not pay the bills and therefore, (she will be surprised to learn) she doesn’t make the decisions. As a concession to her, we’re keeping the carpet we have in the bedrooms. Plus Wizard wants carpet in the bedrooms and I’m good with that. The carpets in those rooms are fine, and with an aging dog, it’s just a better choice for now. We can always change that carpet down the road if we want to do that.
- Today I’m going to see my regular doctor to talk about two ongoing issues, but nothing dire. Sunday I’m going to lunch with a friend! I’m really looking forward to that! Both of us are trying to see each other more than once or twice a year.
That’s my five, now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!