TGIF!! I’m back online and it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- The floor installation went smoothly. We love them (so far but time will tell). There’s one spot in our bathroom (the around the toilet) that crackles, which can happen. Since it’s in that spot, I’m not going to stress over it. We’ll just watch it to make sure it’s not a real problem. Overall, we’re really happy. Here’s a couple pics: The first one is the office — you’ll notice we still have more unpacking to do there, and the other one, I’m standing in the dining room (we hadn’t moved the table back yet) looking toward the kitchen.
- The cleaning is real, LOL. We still need to unpack books and a few more things. But we have the majority of things back in place. Now we’re cleaning everything — between taking up the old floors, and cutting the planks for the new floors, debris is everywhere! But that’s normal and it’s worth it.
- Speaking of Maggie — she’s adjusting to the new floors pretty well. We sure hear her toenails clicking now! She can’t sneak up on us anymore, LOL. The funny think is she won’t down on the floors, but she’ll down on the cement — weird. But overall, she’s been fine, and never seemed stressed. Plus she had fun hanging out in the garage and backyard with us while the crew worked!
- Next week I see the new ENT doctor. I’m hopeful he has, or will attempt to find, answers to what’s going on with my throat. I finally had Wizard look at it, and we took some pictures. Have you ever tried to get pics of the back of your throat? It’s…not pretty It did, however, startle me a bit to see it that way. But of course, this could be as simple like an allergy to something I’m consuming. Anything’s possible. Fingers crossed the ENT next week will be helpful.
- Wizard surprised me and made reservations for dinner for us on Valentines Day. I hadn’t even given it a thought. I love that he totally surprised me.
This weekend, we plan to go see Turbo on Saturday if the rain doesn’t cause problems on the freeways. Anyway, that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.