Friday, January 27th, 2017
Happy Friday! The days are all a blur right now, but I think it’s Friday?
- Oldest Son came over Wednesday to help out, and Wizard finally decided he wanted a walker. We went right out and bought him one. He has more freedom and I’m hovering less now that I know he’s has something to keep him from falling if he gets a spasm or shooting pain. He’s getting stronger everyday, and probably won’t need it in a week or so, but it’s well worth it right now.
- Yesterday afternoon, Biker Witch (my sister) and Biker Hubby came over with pizza and boysenberry pie. Wizard loves boysenberry pie! And it was a great break for me too.
- Sales calls on my landline are driving me out of my mind. They call every time Wizard’s asleep. It reminds me of when the kids were babies and I’m like, No!!! Don’t wake the baby! LOLOL! But the real question is why do I still even have this blasted landline?
- I have to go to the eye doctor today. I’m need new contacts and glasses. I do really well in contacts using a monovision system of correcting distance in one eye and near vision in the other. But glasses are a pain with my progressive lenses and I can’t seem to find a prescription that works well. Maybe I’ll hit the jackpot today!
- One day I’ll get back to the gym…that day is not today
Now it’s your turn, what’s your Friday Five? Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
Yay it’s hump day! Before we get to our Wednesday Worthy, did you know that our own Silver James had a new release out last week? It was the same day as Wizard’s surgery, so I quickly bought it but forgot to share the it. I’m making up for that now!Here’s Silver’s new novella, Crash and Burn!
Get your copy at Amazon Kindle !
Here is our Wednesday Worthy Candidate:
What do you think, is he worthy?
And now for a sad note. Author Patricia Briggs has a post on her Facebook Page that her husband passed away suddenly. My condolences to Patricia, her family and friends. Since many of us here are fans, I wanted to let you know so you can keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Monday, January 23rd, 2017
It’s here! Good, Bad & Sexy should be released at all the vendors! Ever since I got the rights back on this book, I’ve been holding onto it, waiting for the right time to re-release it. I chose now because I think we can all use a fun, charming, sexy story to give us a break from real life.
What happens when a wedding planner is pushed too far and loses her temper–with a staple gun?
Grab your copy and find out for only 99¢
My weekend was all about taking care of Wizard who had surgery last Tuesday for his severely herniated disk. Like most recoveries, it’s two steps forward and one step back, but overall he’s healing well with no complications so far. Last night, he was working hard to walk unassisted for the first time. I was so impressed, I had Alexa play Eye of the Tiger and We Are the Champions. Wizard cracked up, then we were trying to think of winning and fight songs…and laughing so hard it’s a wonder he made it safely back to the couch.
I’m writing bits and pieces when I can, and working on other tasks as I have several projects in various stages of production. I’m NOT letting myself get overwhelmed by work–it’s a waste of energy.
So how was your weekend?
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Happy Friday! Time for our Friday Five where we all just list five random things that pop into our heads
- So far Wizard is doing pretty good after his back surgery. He’s dealing with the expected amount of pain and we’re having the usual ups and downs, but the good news is his nerve pain (the reason he had to have this surgery) has already improved dramatically.
- I desperately need to write, and hopefully today I can as long as Wizard is doing okay and I get a little sleep. But of course, Wizard is my priority right now and he still needs quite a bit of help to move around.
- Monday is the release of Good, Bad & Sexy. The advance reviews on Goodreads have been good, so yay!
- I saw a draft for the cover for my March re-release of The Sex on the Beach Book Club–love it!
- It’s supposed to rain hard over night and all day today. Then again Sunday and Monday.
Okay your turn to share your Friday Five. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Wizard’s back surgery for the severely herniated disk went really well yesterday. It was an extremely long day, and I’m exhausted writing this, but everything went smoothly. Wizard stunned the surgeon by telling him that Wizard had mowed the yard two days beforehand. That’s the absolute truth, he did mow the yard. After the surgery, the doctor was describing how badly inflamed Wizard’s nerve on one side was and commented again he couldn’t believe how Wizard managed to stay somewhat active despite his pain level. But the good news is that the surgery went well, and now we wait and see how the nerve does over the next few weeks. Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated.
Now onto Wednesday Worthy. This is a candidate for those who appreciate a guy with some body art:
So what do you think? Is he worthy?
Monday, January 16th, 2017
There was a weekend? I’m behind and trying like bad to catch up!
So Friday I saw my doctor and I’m in pretty good health except for my Rheumatoid Arthritis That’s really good news for me. Yeah, we have to deal with my stomach issues, but we’ll figure out a way to manage it successfully. And I’d like to point out something–a solid combination of skilled, caring doctors, medicines developed by dedicated intelligent scientists and luck has given me a great quality of life that wouldn’t have been possible for those of us with autoimmune diseases a few decades ago. That is something I am grateful for every day. So dealing with these side issues might be annoying and a little tiring, but it’s a small price to pay for the fact that I can live a good life. So thank you to all the passionate, committed professionals who make it possible for people like me to have a great quality of life and pursue my own passions like writing. I don’t want anyone to think I’m whining.
Saturday was good. I wrote two new scenes in book 2 of SAVAGED VOWS. I’m not sure who the genius was who thought I could write books two and three in the Savaged Illusions Trilogy, create and implement the marketing plan, get the books through production (edits, brainstorming covers, writing blurbs, gathering metadata for formatting and scheduling/uploading, etc) while re-publishing two of my favorite books from my backlist…all while dealing with Wizard having back surgery tomorrow.
Oh wait, that was me. I’m the
idiot, uh genius Even with Amazing Anna (my virtual assistant), this is crazy, but apparently, that doesn’t stop me from trying. I’m going to do everything I can to make my deadlines.
Yesterday I got out and saw Biker Witch for a while. We met for coffee and talked, and when I looked down at my watch, I realized we’d been talking ALMOST THREE HOURS! But it’s usually like that when I see my sister.
Today I’m getting everything ready for Wizard’s surgery. It’s going to be a long day and his recovery will be roughly two months, but he’s more than ready to tackle the challenge.
So how was your weekend?
Wednesday, January 11th, 2017
Happy Friday! Okay so let’s do Friday Five where we list five random things going on in our lives.
- Wizard’s surgery for a severely herniated disc has been moved up a week to next Tuesday the 17th! Yay! It’s taking a little juggling, but this is good news!
- Thieves suck. I’m not gonna say more except that Wizard is all over this. So far, we’re fine but Thieves Of Any Kind Suck.
- Writing is hard. Sooooo hard.
- I have to do another lab test today and see one of my two doctors. This isn’t serious, we’re just chasing down stomach issues that I’ve had for years and years that have recently escalated. It’s most likely from meds and stress and all the doctors know this (really). But they’re being conscientious physicians who want to make sure they aren’t missing something. I get that, but I’m sick to freaking death of it. Wizard, however, has zero sympathy for my whining and is all like, “You will do this.” Whatever. Now I’m just doing it to say, “Told you so!”
- Rain!!! We’ve had a good amount of rain here in Southern California. We need it! Unfortunately, we’ll probably get some mudslides and assorted problems too, but I’m still celebrating the rain!
Now it’s your turn! Tell me five random things going on in your life.