TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday I got my cervical spine x-ray done. I was in and out very quickly, which is a win. No report yet, but I’m not really expecting any big changes since I had the two level disk replacement surgery done. This was just to rule our bone spurs or something along those lines. I did get results on my throat swab, no indication of viral, bacterial or fungal infections. Pretty much what we expected, but again, we’re eliminating as much as we can in trying to solve the mystery of my throat issue. At this point, I’m becoming resigned to just living with it.
- Yesterday, Wizard and I went to our sister in law’s house (wife of brother who passed away) to pack up Mike’s books, magazines and repack some CDs. We packed 36 boxes! I’m not surprised how many books we packed, Mike was very well read on a variety of diverse subjects, including wars, religion, philosophy, poetry, music, art and pop culture. He read just as widely in fiction, including many female authors (he also read my books and was a fan of Blood Magic). There were moments where I caught myself talking to him as I was going through his books. That’s okay, of course, but I didn’t want to freak out his wife who was upstairs working at her day job I’m posting pictures of the boxes stacked five boxes high and two rows. I had two more boxes that we took home.
- Poor Maggie! You won’t believe what happened to her yesterday — A Bath! She was outraged. Well truthfully, she was scared, sigh. She hates baths and water. But she’s all clean now and I put on her new green collar on her.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch for lunch. I’m looking forward to that!
- Tomorrow Oldest and I are taking some of the boxes filled with books to a donation site or two. Not sure what we’ll get done, but it’s a start. Trying to help here and there has reminded me how much I don’t want to move again!
That’s my five. Now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!