Archive for the 'Friday Five' Category
« Previous Page — Next Page »
Friday, May 5th, 2017
Okay let’s do this!
- I got my line edits back from my editor on Savaged Vows (book 2 in Savaged Illusions Trilogy). The good news is there are no more big changes, just a few small tweaks and a lot of typical line edits to clean and strength the writing. I need to get them back to her by next Wednesday, so I’m diving in and working.
- I think I’m going to make the Twix Cookies this weekend if Wizard has time to help me. Here’s the link
- Yesterday was day two of physical therapy in which I learned massage means torture I’m kidding! I really like this PT facility. They are nice, knowledgeable, responsive to any question or concern I have, and I trust them. Samantha was the woman working me yesterday and she really tried to work the swollen knots in my shoulder, back and arm to break them up and relieve the pressure. I’m still on no added weight or resistance exercises due to the inflammation.
- And here’s Wizard! Okay, yeah, his head is cut off But that was on purpose. See that car body he’s holding? One of his friends custom-painted that for him with his favorite baseball team as a birthday gift. How cool is that? If you’re wondering, that body goes to an Radio Control Car. Wizard races them along with our middle son. It’s a fun hobby.
- Just a little over 6 weeks until Savaged Dreams releases!! It’s available for pre-order now! Kindle / B&N / iBooks / Kobo / Google Play
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share yours. Have a great weekend!
Friday, April 28th, 2017
Happy Friday! Let’s do Friday Five
- First the shocker–I’m switching to decaf coffee and cut out diet cokes. I’ve been working on it for a week and a half and no humans, animals or fictional characters have hurt in the process :-). By next week, I’ll 100% on decaf coffee (yes, I know decaf has some caffeine.) Are you impressed????
- So why am I getting mean about caffeine? Midway through May I’m having a routine procedure that begins with colon and ends with why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this-oscopy. Anyway, I can’t have coffee the day of the why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this procedure. People were frightened by this prospect. And by people I MEAN WIZARD THE BIG COWARD. (Love you Wizard, but admit it, you were scared, LOLOL!)
- So it turns out that I’m not indestructible. I’m blame Justice and Liza (from the Savaged Illusions Trilogy) for this. Writing Savaged Vows became an obsession and chained me to the computer! I saw my doctor yesterday for my shoulder/arm/neck pain. As soon as he walked into the room, he sat down and said, “So who did you punch?” I resisted the urge to confess that in the last month or two I’ve mentally punched at least four fictional characters because I don’t have time for a psyche evaluation right now…or ever. Instead I explained about deadlines, and begged for help getting back to being
an obsessive nut job a full time writer. The doctor was able feel spasms in the shoulder/arm/neck area and thinks I have a pinched nerve. The end result is I got a shot, some prescriptions and I’ll start physical therapy next week. But he didn’t ask for a psyche eval…so it’s all good!
- I’m really worrying about writing Savaged Devotion. Book 2 ended so powerfully, (as did book 1) and now the bar is so high…how am I going to surpass it? The answer is by ignoring the panic, keeping my butt in the chair and trusting my characters. Oh, did I mention I have to write this full length novel in two and a half months? Obviously this is the perfect time to deal with a shoulder problem, commit to physical therapy, do a colon-why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this-oscopy and give up caffeine. Bwhahahaha!!!
- I’m listening to the audiobook TAKE ME BACK by Meghan March and love it! It’s starts off as a straight romance about a couple who goes on vacation for 10 days to save their marriage. It’s emotional and sexy…and then it takes a turn into action and suspense and I love it! There were just enough hints in the beginning that it’s not completely out of the blue, but written so well that it’s a welcome twisty surprise.
That’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week.
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Happy Friday! Okay let’s do our Friday Five.
- Wednesday I saw an adorable shar pei puppy that looked just like this picture. One of the girls at the gym brought him in to show her co-workers. He was adorably wrinkled!
- I picked up my new glasses yesterday. I was going to take a picture…but the day got away from me. I’ll try to get a pic next week. It’s going to take me a day or two to determine if the glasses are the right prescription, or a little too strong. My vision is pretty bad, so bad in fact that Wizard tried them on then got a migraine. I’d like to think it’s a coincidence, but probably not. (FYI, I warned him! He has meds that stop his migraine, and he was fine last night.)
- DEADLINE TERROR, I has it.
- Wizard mowed the lawn for the first time yesterday. He’s doing well in his back surgery recovery. It’s 8 1/2 weeks now.
- I’m reading a boring book. Bleh. The only reason I haven’t given up on it because it puts me to sleep at night, LOL! I can’t afford to get hooked into a good book right now, because of the aforementioned DEADLINE TERROR
That’s my Friday Five. Now it’s your turn to share yours. Have a great weekend!
Friday, March 10th, 2017
- I’m in a race against time trying to write this book. If only the scenes would magically write themselves, but no matter how much Lucky Charms I eat, it doesn’t happen. Also I don’t actually buy or eat Lucky Charms
- Wizard brought me home a Hershey’s chocolate bar. You know, because fitting into my clothes is highly overrated.
- I love reading sexy dirty books if it’s compelling story, but I can’t listen to them on audio book. That’s such a weird quirk. I’ve been leaning toward mysteries and women’s fiction in audio.
- My insert key on my keyboard keeps going on and annoying the crap out of me. I’m assuming I’m typing so fast, I’m accidentally hitting it. Note I said typing fast, not accurately, LOL!
- At night when I go to bed, I watch dog rescue videos to try to distract myself enough to sleep. It’s kinda, sorta working.
Okay that’s my super quick Friday Five. What are yours?
P.S. I’m uploading The Sex on the Beach Book Club–it’ll be up for pre-order by Monday (I hope) and release on March 20th.
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Okay let’s get right to our Friday Five where we name any five things about our week:
- It’s been six weeks now since Wizard’s back surgery. Time flies! He’s doing well, he really likes physical therapy and works hard. We’re hoping the residual nerve pain–which is normal at this point–continues to improve. Wizard is returning to a many normal activities but he’s being very good about not lifting things he shouldn’t–case in point–he asked me to lift a propane bottle out of the car the other day. I was impressed!
- However later that same day, he fired me from mowing the yard and paid the neighbor’s gardener to do it. I was writing away and didn’t realize what he was doing until the yard was done. Hmm…that was either really considerate or he isn’t impressed with my awesome moving skills.
- Yesterday Wizard made up for that abrupt firing by bringing these home as a surprise from me:
- I went to the gym only once this week. I suck…I don’t mean to suck, but our house cleaners came Wednesday morning, and this morning I have a hair appt. which cuts out my gym time. And Monday morning I have a dental appointment. If I don’t go first thing in the morning, I won’t go…because I suck and eat truffles
- I want to write the book my heroine is writing in my book!! Did you follow that? So in my rock star trilogy, my heroine writes for fun and as a kind of therapy. In this second book, her stories are changing, and now I’m jealous of her book…I really want to write that book! But I also want to write this book..and now I’m confused and must to back to #3
I was going to talk about our weather too but I used up all my 5…oh well Now it’s your turn, what’s your Friday Five? Happy Friday and Have A Great Weekend!
Friday, February 24th, 2017
I swear it was Monday, then I blinked, and now it’f Friday! So let’s do our list of five random things:
1. I hit the middle of the book and panicked. Big ugly panicking. So what did I do? Take a step back and re-evaluation? Apply some logic? Heck no, I scheduled delivery of this book to my editor on April 5th. People, the first half of this book is a mess and I’m doubling back, dropping in scenes and writing notes it capitals letters, and the second half…isn’t freaking written yet. But I scheduled delivery of my book! Nothing like a little pressure to get those creative juices flowing, right? Bwhahahaha!!! I’m just diving in and giving it my all while my inner child is throwing things and screaming, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO WRITE SUCH A HARD BOOK? WHY???? But you know, I totally have this under control…NOT.
2) Despite #1, I love this book more than ever. Especially when my heroine is getting all feisty and demanding that I get out of her way and let her make her own mistakes. Go Liza!!!
3. I went back to the gym this week. It helps balance my stress, and it’s a great place for me to listen to an audio book guilt free I’ll do more cardio if I’m enjoying the book so it’s a win-win.
4) I made this No Knead Rosemary Parmesan Skillet Bread last night. It’s a heavy bread with a chewy crust, and great for dipping in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5) I’ve completed my secret scene–the side project that I came up with at 2am and couldn’t resist doing–and had it professionally edited. I won’t be using that until April, but it’s so nice to be ahead of something for once! It cost me some time away from this book, but honestly, it was such a fun project that I think it’s good break for me.
That’s my five, what are yours? Happy Friday and Have a Great Weekend!
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Here we are again–another Friday! And we know what that means–time to do our Friday Five!
- Youngest Son’s birthday is this week. For those of you who remember him as BLB (Broken Leg Boy), he’s doing so much better these days. I still admire that boy so much. He could have let this injury defeat him. But nope, he recalibrated his life and thrived despite dealing with limitations and pain.
- I mowed the yard for the second time. It’s not a great picture but that’s me mastering the lawnmower. It amuses me only because Wizard has such a weird thing about it–he doesn’t think his wife should have to mow the yard. It’s a point of pride–like he won’t let me carry bags when we’re shopping. It’s a guy thing I guess? But obviously, I’m fully capable. (Even if Wizard does a better job).
- The weather dudes have been predicting a Monster Storm to hit sometime last night and today. I dunno…we’ve had more rain that we’ve had in years, but I’m still skeptical. Southern CA weather dudes tend to exaggerate. We’ll see around the time you guys all read this blog.
- For any who missed it in my newsletter, here’s the one for Savaged Dreams, book 1 in The Savaged Illusions Trilogy!It’s on Goodreads, and up for pre-order at B&N / iBooks / Kobo / Google Play and I’ll get it up at Amazon next month. Amazon limits pre-orders to 90 days before release.
- I’m writing away on Savaged Vows (book 2–tentative release month July 2017). Even though I know this story, these characters keep surprising me as they grow and mature. I think one of the hardest things is that I wish I could spare Justice and Liza from what’s coming–but I can’t. I have to let them crash and burn so they can truly learn that’s important. It’s tough being an author-parent sometimes
Hope you all have a great weekend!
« Previous Page — Next Page »