TGIF!! And that means it’s time to share five random things about our week:
- We are getting floors a week from Monday. I’m excited and hope we chose the right flooring. I’m not as excited about packing up some things to get them out of the way, but it will be worth it once it’s done.
- And still on the floors — our current linoleum has some staining. The company that put it in tried to blame us for it, claiming it’s from the cleaners I use. We let it go because we always planned to redo the floors. But I quietly seethed about it because I knew they were flat out lying. I don’t like being accused of causing someone else’s mistakes. But all the flooring people we had out said the same thing — the linoleum was installed without a moisture barrier causing the staining. It made me feel better to be validated I knew what it was because I’ve had it happen in my last house I bought new, and they immediately replaced the flooring. And it’s happened to others I know. Anyway, I’ll stop about that now, LOL
- I drove the Mustang this week for the first time since we got it (inherited it from Wizard’s brother)! It’s a powerful car with a sports clutch and I haven’t driven a stick shift in probably 35 years. But I did fine, and I’m so happy about that. I need to practice just to get used to the car, but I feel confident I can handle the car now.
- I got my new knives, but I put them back in the box. I’m just so undecided, which is stupid. I was very decisive on the floors, and the trip to Hawaii, and those are big purchases. On this, I think I’m agonizing just to give me something to do :-). I mean they’re knives, and they weren’t expensive, so I need to quit dithering. I also need to quit imagining I’m a chef, when I’m just another woman cooking pretty simple dinners most nights, LOL.
- No big plans this weekend. Oldest said he’ll go to sister in laws to help her and that I should take a weekend off. I thought that was sweet. He’s trying to help now because once he’s in tax season, it’s all but impossible for him to carve out a chunk of time. So that frees me up to go bug youngest this weekend! I might even make him cookies, we’ll see. My beloved stand mixer as been on a serious time out since my Christmas Baking Marathon (I still have some of those cookies in the freezer).
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a warm, safe and happy weekend!