It’s Week 2 of the Five Week Cyber Launch Party! The prize this week is a candle set with a $15.00 Starbucks gift card. Comment all week long and I’ll draw the winner on the weekend!
Also, on Thursday, January 29th, Eve Silver will be guest blogging, be sure and visit on Thursday for a chance to win an autographed copy of one of Eve’s books! That winner will also be drawn on the weekend.
Now on to Jury Duty. This week, I am on call for Jury Duty. In California, that means I can be called in any day of the week I’m on call. So if I disappear for a day, that’s where I am.
Many, many years ago, my husband got out of jury duty like this:
Question: What is your wife’s occupation?
Judge: “Let the record show that the occupation is Homemaker.”
Husband: (with grin, he was just kidding around) “No, she’s a housewife.”
Judge looked at him sternly. “You’re excused.”
Okay, this makes him sound like a jerk and he’s not. He has a twisted sense of humor and he thought this was hilarious. Now he teases me that I won’t do this and get myself out of jury duty. So I was thinking, what kind of witchy dialogue might get out of jury duty?
1) “This crystal ball? I need it. How else will I decide if the defendant is guilty or innocent?”
2) “It’s a cauldron. Haven’t you ever seen a cauldron before? I have a spell brewing and can’t leave it untended so I brought it with me. That smell? Burnt dragon’s blood and probably the moose head. But you get used to it. And I’m pretty sure it won’t explode this time.”
3) “How dare you! Salem is not a cat, he’s my familiar!”
4) “Yes, I’ve been a victim of a crime, the wicked witch tried to steal my ruby slippers!”
5) “Yes, I know many police officers. Cops are some of my best clients.” Wink wink “They really like my mojo enhancing spell.”
Okay that’s just a few of my ideas. Do you have any to add to mine? Or what line would you use to get out of jury duty?