Friday, November 17th, 2017
Friday??? Seriously??? Where did the week go? Okay let’s do 5 things about our week!
- Not long after our trip to Florida, a very close family member was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We’ve been shocked, devastated and scared. This week, we got a glimmer of hope for him in a second opinion and a possible treatment option. There’s no predicting how this will turn out, but we are very grateful for this ray of hope. There are so many people in the medical field working to save, extend and improve the quality of lives for people dealing with serious illnesses, and we are thankful. (It has been a brutal year with family health problems, weird how it all happens like that.)
- I’m working on SAVAGED DEVOTION when I can, but I can’t begin to predict now when it will be released. Last night, I was working, again, on my opening scene, and two distinct solutions occurred to me like light bulbs going on. I love those moments! Again, I’m both grateful and thankful to feel like my ability to write is returning.
- I saw Biker Witch yesterday for lunch and fun! We had prime rib/French dip sandwiches that rocked my world. Or maybe I just really needed some sister time
- I’m taking Maggie in for a vet check with the veterinarian my son’s fiance works for. (I took Bailey Dog there a few times too, they are great.) I’m paying for this myself to make sure she’s healthy and adoptable…because obviously I’m stupid in love with her Wizard really likes her too, although Maggie can be a little uncertain and skittish with him when I leave. She’s fine with him when I’m here so it’s getting better. We just have to believe that she will continue to improve with consistent love and structure. But if the vet finds problems, we have to re-evaluate given that we’re dealing with with serious family health issues, plus mine. I doubt anything serious will come up though.
- Do you guys realize Thanksgiving is next week??? Who let the holidays in????
Okay now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
November 17th, 2017 at 7:25 am · Link
Cancer’s such a scary thing. :hugs: Whenever you release SD, we’ll be here. Yay for lunch and fun and awesome sandwiches! Fingers crossed for a healthy Maggie. And ugh, so not ready for the holidays.
1) I took the plunge and sent a manuscript off to my editor yesterday. It’s something I wrote a while back, that’s totally different from what I’ve already published. We’ll see how that works out.
2) This year Hubs decided to mulch the leaves instead of rake them, but I think we’ll still end up raking. We get a lot of leaves.
3) I spent time building a spreadsheet this week that should solve the quandary the company’s been facing. Fingers crossed.
4) Yesterday morning was devoted to cleaning the refrigerator, which took way longer than I anticipated. But it’s done and the fridge is sparkly-clean now.
5) This morning I killed a wicked-big spider in our office. It was hanging out in the corner of the ceiling. I went to whack it with a stick and it fell behind my printer stand, so I took the stick and jabbed at it until it was a smear. Score one for the spider hunters.
November 17th, 2017 at 9:48 am · Link
Cancer sucks. Sending good thoughts to you and yours. Like BE said, we’ll be here when SD comes out. BIKER WITCH! Says it all. Fingers crossed for Maggie. Our T-giving plans are non-existent. I think we might do turkey sandwiches at some point. Everyone is just…wrung out and stressed so everyone is going to take it easy. My five for the past week.
1. I start Chapter 15 today. I’m average about 2500 words a day, which is good. I really need to get this sucker finished, put together, edited, and back to NY.
2. Fall has fallen. The leaves are so deep in the yard it’s like walking through brown and yellow snow. Hopefully, the yard guy will actually start bagging instead of just blowing the leaves into the flower beds. Grrr
3. I think I have the books I intend to write next year planned out. We’ll see. I need to wipe off (or buy a new one! :lol:) one of my whiteboards and actually list them with dates. Like that matters to Iffy. Blasted Muse. Grrr
4. My daughter cracked me up when I asked my FB followers for a character name suggestion (the ex of one of the characters who will have the last book in this series). She hit me with the former wife of my FiL. I walked around laughing for an hour. It’s a perfectly fine name and I have friends with that name, but the idea of using it for Hunter’s evil ex? Yeah… *rubs hands together* Bwahahaha
5. I’m in a reading slump. I got the audio book of a book I once really enjoyed and hadn’t read in years from the library and while I like the narrator, I’m just not falling into the story. This makes me sad. I hate to keep listening to/reading the same books over and over but…major slump! I need to find something that will fire my imagination because I need to read in order to write.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I have more words and college football to chew my nails over.
November 17th, 2017 at 4:12 pm · Link
1. Cancer sucks. I’m keeping your family in my prayers. I hope this treatment is a success.
2. Love those lights going on ;).
3. Glad you got to spend time with Biker Witch. Always a good thing and French dip – YUM!
4. Hope all went well at the Vet. Maggie is one fortunate pup :).
5. Thanksgiving – crazy time!!!!
1a. Hubs 6 month old Lincoln got nailed by a deer, $4100 in damage :(.
2a. Eldest went back to work this week leaving Cassie to parent on her own. She’s held up well ;).
3a. Youngest is leaving for CO for the weekend. He’ll be back late afternoon Monday and is taking me to NY Tuesday. Oh to have that energy again ;). He’s a good kid – I think I’ll keep him.
4a. Have bought 2 Christmas presents.
5a. Have everything for Thanksgiving but time ;). As always, it will all come together.
Have a really wonderful weekend!
November 17th, 2017 at 9:37 pm · Link
B.E., thanks! I’m so with you on the holidays, but apparently they are coming whether we’re ready or not. Now onto your five:
1) Congrats on sending the ms off to your editor! It’s scary to write something different, but it’s going to be great!
2) Leaves are pretty until we have to rake them up.
3) Sounds like you did some major problem solving with your spreadsheet!
4) Ugh now I’m thinking I need to clean my fridge. See what you started, LOL!
5) I’m going to leave the spider hunting to you! I’m not afraid of them unless they’re big
Hope you have a great weekend!
November 17th, 2017 at 9:46 pm · Link
Silver, it’s sad how many of us have had cancer touch our lives, and yeah, it does suck. I hope you and the kids can have a stress free T-Day. Stress gets to all of us at one time or another.
1) You’re doing AMAZING on your word count!
2) Leaves are falling everywhere it seems. Your yard guy should know the drill!
3) You’re on top of 2018 writing schedule?? I’m in awe of you!
4) You’re having way too much fun with this name–exactly as it should be! I say go for it!
5) I feel you on the slump, I’ve been going in and out of it all year. I honestly think dog training videos (I know it’s weird) have kept me from losing my mind this year. I hope with both find those keeper bookshelf reads! Also I hate spending so much on audiobooks then DNFing them.
Have a great weekend!
November 17th, 2017 at 9:55 pm · Link
Viki, thank you. I know you’ve been through your own battle. Maggie’s vet check was great! She seems in very good health, and we loved the vet (and my son’s fiance who is the veterinary assistant) Now for you:
1) On my gosh, your hubby has the worst luck with cars! I’m so sorry! I’ve been on roads with deer, and they are fast suckers that seem to jump out of nowhere.
2) Those first few days alone as a new mom are scary, but it sounds like Cassie’s got this. I remember talking to my sister on the phone the first day I was alone with my first born, and I burst into tears, something that is usually rare for me. She talked me off the ledge
3) You have an awesome boy there! Definitely a keeper! I’d love to have his energy too. But also, he thinks you’re worth it!
4) You’re so far ahead of my on Christmas!
5) Time is a premium, but you always do great dinners for the holiday.
Have a great weekend!