Friday, December 1st, 2017
Happy Friday! As usual, the week was a blur. And today is December 1st! Nooo!!! I’m not ready! Anyway, it’s time to list five random things from our week.
- Monday I took Wizard to a specialist for his eyes. That went well, EXCEPT that we were there three freaking hours. We arrive twenty minutes early and waited two hours past our appointment time before we saw the doctor. Does anyone even care anymore?
- In good news, I see my new pain doctor a week from today. I had the one out of three pain shots completed before my previous doctor screwed that up in a colossal way. But that one pain shot helped enough for me to endure getting through changing doctors and setting up the new referrals so that’s something I’m grateful for.
- Wizard does NOT agree with me on the pain shots. He thinks I’m going to need surgery and that I need to see a neurosurgeon ASAP. Just the idea of surgery aggravates me. I’ve lost too much too and disappointed a lot of fans. It weighs on me every damned day. I know it was beyond my control, and we’re all tired of hearing it, but I hate letting down readers who’ve been so wonderful. They deserve better.
- It was cool enough yesterday morning for Maggie to wear the shirt her “godmother” gave her on our morning walk. Maggie’s godmother is youngest son (BLB’s) finance. Wizard deemed her Maggie’s godmother as she’s the our emergency number on all Maggie’s files. She’s also the vet assistant who takes care of Maggie, so it makes sense FYI the shirt says “I Whine, She Wines.”
- Today I’m writing and meeting Biker Witch for coffee. This weekend, Wizard and I are checking out a daycare/boarding facility for Maggie and I’m working some more. I’m going to get as much of this revision going as I can before more holiday stuff kicks in.
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
December 1st, 2017 at 6:29 am · Link
And that’s the difference between fans and friends. I love your books, but I can wait if it means getting you well again. I hope whatever you do gets you better soon. :hugs: I also hope Wizard’s eyes are okay. Yay for Maggie! I love the little shirt!
1) I have a huge case of the morning stupids. Come on, Coffee, kick in already!
2) I did some thrift store shopping yesterday and picked up a bunch of books I can’t wait to read. Which was silly considering I have plans to start editing Early Grave today.
3) I also have plans to go fishing today. If I can get motivated early enough for it to be more than drowning worms, that is. See #1.
4) Where did the week go? It seems like it was just Friday and now here it is again.
5) My oldest sister called on Sunday, which kind of freaked me out because she never calls so my first question was ‘what’s wrong with Mom?’ Turned out she wanted to discuss going in as a group and buying Mom a new bed for Christmas. We all agreed. It’ll be delivered on Monday. =o)
December 1st, 2017 at 11:40 am · Link
What B.E. said about your writing! Get well. Write when you can. We’ll be here! Maggie is too cute. Just sayin’… And B.E., great idea for the Moms!
1. I still haven’t finished the dang WIP. I blame my back. Sitting for any length of time is hard. So is standing. Hence, my total being on board for you getting fixed first!
2. The Christmas tree is up, though I need to clean the skirt and dust the tree (because it’s been up all year. Don’t judge me. ) Hoping for outdoor lights and maybe the mantel this weekend. If I get the stupid book finished.
3. With tight budgets this year, the family agreed on “gifts of the heart.” Dang if they aren’t harder to do than just going out and buying junk.
4. The little feral black cat I’ve been feeding came within touching distance this morning because his buddy, Boove, was there. Boove belongs across the street and has been injured but he was back today demanding food (he likes mine better even though his people feed him the same stuff–go figure) and pets. I’m hoping to civilize the black so I can shelter him.
5. Tomorrow is siren test and Mexican food with the James Gang. It’s the only reason I like to see a new month roll around.
And now, to work because I’ve totally blown off everything this morning. Have a great weekend everyone!
December 1st, 2017 at 4:12 pm · Link
B.E., Wizard is fine, he just sees a specialist as a followup to stuff. I go in case they dilate his eyes. Thank you on everything else.
1) LOL on Morning Stupids. Yep, I’ve been there!
2) Who can resist buying books??? Maybe you can reward yourself with reading after editing?
3) Hope you got a chance to fish and catch something.
4) I can’t keep up with time anymore so I don’t have an answer.
5) The bed is a great Christmas present! I’m so glad it was a good call, not a worrisome one even if you had a bad moment in the beginning. I also LOVE when someone has a suggestion for a Christmas gift!
Hope you enjoy your weekend!
December 1st, 2017 at 4:19 pm · Link
1. Sorry about the wait with Wizard. I agree, no one cares about doing a good job.
1a. It’s been a beautiful day here, cool and sunny. Come the middle of next week winter is supposed to hit :).
2. I hope all goes great with the new pain doc.
2a. Youngest bought himself a truck. It’s huge. Boy is he happy.
3. I hope Wizard is wrong.
3a. Some of the decorations are up including the tree which Spunk thinks is his. He must protect it at all cost. It’s so funny to watch him.
4. Maggie sure looks happy. Love her godmom :).
4a. Hubs car has been in the shop for over 2 weeks. It’s supposed to be done today. It’s now 4:15, nothing and he won’t call. Men are so stupid. They don’t get it that shops need to be pushed.
5. I hope you had a great time with Biker Witch. Good luck with the daycare et al :).
5a. 1/3 of the way through shopping.
Have a great weekend!
December 1st, 2017 at 4:21 pm · Link
Silver, thanks I appreciate it.
1) Silver, man I feel for you with your back. I’m really sorry, and unfortunately, it sounds like you really need to rest it. I know it’s frustrating bit almost impossible to concentrate in that kind of pain.
2) I won’t judge! It works for you and that’s what matters. We still have to put ours up
3) I agree with the whole “gift from the heart” thing. I wish I had suggestions.
4) Sounds like you’re making huge progress with your feral kitty! Have you gotten a picture or him or her? I’m just curious. And LOL on Boove liking the food from you better than his people, even though it’s the same food.
5) So glad you have something to look forward to tomorrow, I just hope you can do it with your back.
Hope you feel better and have a good weekend!
December 1st, 2017 at 6:20 pm · Link
1) It was nice here today too As for the wait with Wizard’s eye specialist, it really is frustrating but part of life now.
2) Congrats to youngest on his new truck! That’s exciting and fun.
3) I remember that your kitty likes to play with the tree. He’s going to be unhappy when you take the tree down.
4) Oh man, that’s ridiculous on your hubs’s car. Wizard is the exact opposite, he will hound them while I’ll ignore it. But yeah, it’s best to stay on top of shops like that, or they’ll keep putting others in front of your car. I hate car repairs! I hope they get it done soon. (And thanks on Maggie–as everyone can tell, we’re madly in love with her)
5) I’m so jealous of you being a third done with Christmas shopping. I’m also happy for you too. You’ll have more time to enjoy the season. Biker Witch and I had fun (even if I was ranting about stuff–she loves me anyway, LOL!)
Hope you heard back something on the car, and have a great weekend!