**Sorry for the late post, I set the wrong time when I scheduled the blog last night.**
That whooshing sound is another week flying by, and once again it’s time for Friday Five! Here are five random things about my week.
- Today I see the new pain specialist and hopefully he or she will keep going with the pain shots.
- Southern California is on fire. I’ve lost track of how many are burning and it’s heartbreaking to see people losing their homes, businesses, and animals. Wizard and I have been lucky so far with no fires close to us, but I’m heartbroken and worried about all the people in the paths of the flames or the smoke. The fire crews are exhausted, and the work treacherous. Police and other agencies are coordinating evacuations, volunteers are arranging and running shelters, and the media is running around asking victims how it feels to watch your home burn down.
- Here’s a picture that shows why Wizard and I are so vigilant about fires–this is where I was hiking with Maggie yesterday in the hills behind our house. It wouldn’t take more than a spark to send the whole area up in flames. We walked from our house, telling you how close it is. Just to balance things out, here’s a pretty view shot of the lake that made the climb worth it:
- Trying to get a handle on Christmas is taking up all my time as usual. I love the holiday, but my energy is limited right now which sucks time from any hope of writing. It will improve though, so I’m trying not to let it get to me.
- Tomorrow we’re going to CPA Boy and Special K’s, along with our other two sons and their fiances, for a “Nursery Assembly Day” to help them get the baby’s room ready. They are so cute! The baby isn’t due until late March, but since CPA boy will be going into his busy season right after Christmas, and they wanted to get it all done now so they’ll be all set. It’s going to be fun!
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five. I hope everyone has a great weekend!