**Sorry for the late post, I set the wrong time when I scheduled the blog last night.**
That whooshing sound is another week flying by, and once again it’s time for Friday Five! Here are five random things about my week.
- Today I see the new pain specialist and hopefully he or she will keep going with the pain shots.
- Southern California is on fire. I’ve lost track of how many are burning and it’s heartbreaking to see people losing their homes, businesses, and animals. Wizard and I have been lucky so far with no fires close to us, but I’m heartbroken and worried about all the people in the paths of the flames or the smoke. The fire crews are exhausted, and the work treacherous. Police and other agencies are coordinating evacuations, volunteers are arranging and running shelters, and the media is running around asking victims how it feels to watch your home burn down.
- Here’s a picture that shows why Wizard and I are so vigilant about fires–this is where I was hiking with Maggie yesterday in the hills behind our house. It wouldn’t take more than a spark to send the whole area up in flames. We walked from our house, telling you how close it is. Just to balance things out, here’s a pretty view shot of the lake that made the climb worth it:
- Trying to get a handle on Christmas is taking up all my time as usual. I love the holiday, but my energy is limited right now which sucks time from any hope of writing. It will improve though, so I’m trying not to let it get to me.
- Tomorrow we’re going to CPA Boy and Special K’s, along with our other two sons and their fiances, for a “Nursery Assembly Day” to help them get the baby’s room ready. They are so cute! The baby isn’t due until late March, but since CPA boy will be going into his busy season right after Christmas, and they wanted to get it all done now so they’ll be all set. It’s going to be fun!
Now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
December 8th, 2017 at 11:11 am · Link
The fires are just heartbreaking! And I hear you on the low energy. Yay for Nursery Assembly line! I’m so excited for your family. New babies are so priceless! Okay, my five:
1. It’s freaking COLD! Woke up to real temp of 16 degrees/11 degree wind chill. Good thing I’d put the covers on the outside faucets!
2. I keep trying to get a picture of Shy Cat because s/he has the most amazing yellow eyes but s/he is being all shy again. The cold weather is keeping Boove inside.
3. Lost my wedding rings and found them the next day with the help of elves/fairies/poltergeist/Christmas magic/finders of lost things. It was really surreal! I’m very thankful, though!
4. This book edit is kicking my @$$. I just want to curl up and make it go away. *pulls out hair*
5. I won’t mention Christmas decorating/shopping/wrapping/baking if you don’t…
Have a great weekend! And stay safe!!!
December 8th, 2017 at 4:23 pm · Link
1. I hope all went well with the pain doc. Let us know what happened.
1a. Had a therapeutic massage yesterday and thought I was doing okay today until I vacuumed :(.
2. I’ve been very worried about all of you out in CA with the fires. Happy to hear you are okay.
2a. It’s cold here. I like it but most people don’t.
3. Wow, that is certainly dry land in the photo. No wonder there are fires. Praying you guys get rain.
3a. We’re supposed to get some real snow this weekend.
4. I’m glad you’re in the spirit of Christmas. I’m getting there but like you, with the pain and tiredness it’s slow going getting things done.
4a. I vow to get my winter houses up and cards done this weekend. Only two ornaments on the tree right now. One of Harrison and one of my cat :).
5. I love the idea of “Nursery Assembly Day”, how cute. You all will have a great time.
5a. Even though only three of us are allowed to hold Harrison, Cassie took him to see Santa. She made sure they were the first people there to limit germ exposure. How things have changed ;).
Have a fantastic weekend!
December 8th, 2017 at 6:32 pm · Link
Silver, thanks, Nursery Assembly Day should be fun Now for yours:
1) YIKES that’s cold!!! I’m shivering for you and it ‘s warm here
2) You’ll have to be clever to capture Shy Cat. I want to see him or her!
3) I’m so glad you found your rings! I’ve never lost mine (yet) and would be extremely upset if I did. Yay on finding them!
4) Hugs on the book. You’ll get it, but it’s soooo freaking hard!
5) I won’t mention it either!
Have a great weekend!
December 8th, 2017 at 6:38 pm · Link
Viki, my appointment was very long, but positive. I’ll tell you guys more later. Now for you:
1) You really need some kind of treatment. Is there really nothing that can be done? No one should live in the kind of pain you’re enduring. I really worry about you.
2) I understand liking cold weather. But I’m hearing it’s really cold in some parts!
4) Well obviously the two most important ornaments are up, LOL!
5) Wow, Cassie’s taking this mom thing very seriously. Harrison is a well loved baby, and Cassie will relax soon.
Hope you have a good weekend, and can get a few things done without too much pain.
December 9th, 2017 at 8:33 am · Link
Yay for Nursery Assembly Day! Boo for the fires. I’m so glad you’re not in all that. :hugs:
1) I got busy yesterday morning and missed this entirely.
2) I was busy tackling Christmas cards and then running errands.
3) Like Silver, we’ve gotten the cold snap here. Not quite as cold as her, which is weird since she’s a little south of our latitude, but still bundle up weather. Brr.
4) Mom got her new bed. Apparently foam beds arrive at around 2″ thick and then need 24 hours to expand to their right size. But it’s expanded and she’s sleeping on it now, so it’s all good.
5) The Kid’s Christmas box was supposedly delivered yesterday. I’m now waiting for her to tell me she got it. I messaged her, so she’ll probably reply whenever she wakes up.
December 9th, 2017 at 9:46 am · Link
1) Busy happens to all of us. Plus I put the wrong time when I scheduled the blog, so it posted late.
2)Yay for getting your Christmas cards done! I’m going to tackle that tonight or tomorrow.
3) Maybe the GPS gave the cold snap wrong directions? Drink lots of hot coffee and cocoa!
4) That was such an awesome gift for your mom! I didn’t know that about foam beds either.
5) I’m sure your kid loved her Christmas box!
Have a great weekend and hope you stay warm