Friday, February 9th, 2018
TGIF!! And time to post our five random things from our week. Here’s mine:
- Wizard started getting a little better from the crud yesterday. I suspect it’s going to be Monday before he feels pretty well, and of course, the cough will hang on. It’s been a long week. I’m not letting him do anything if I can help it. Maggie’s been so cute, when he goes upstairs to lay down, she checks on him every half hour or so. First thing in the morning when I let her out of her kennel, she checks on him too.
- I refuse to get sick!
- Today I have to get up 5:30am to make an 8am blood work appointment (trust me, So Cal traffic turns a 20 minute drive a nightmare! And I need to take care of Maggie before I leave). Then, hopefully, I’ll make a 9am mammogram just up the road from the blood test. If I get these two things accomplished today, I will be pleased. (Both tests are routine).
- My nails are a mess. I’ve set money aside to get them done, but it always ends up to taking a couple of hours and I just can’t endure sitting there for that long when I could be getting in some writing time, or really, anything more productive. Maybe I’ll get them done this weekend, or just cut them all. Life’s too short
- I’m writing in the days, but wear out by late afternoon and night when the ringing in my ears gets obnoxious. Still I’m doing better than I was and I’ll take any progress!
That’s my remarkably boring Friday five, now it’s your turn to share yours!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
February 9th, 2018 at 7:55 am · Link
I’m so glad Wizard’s on his way to recovery. Whew. Good girl, Maggie! Good luck with the traffic this morning. Yay for progress!
1) I’ve never had my nails done. I used to do them myself, but now I’m lazy and have lost the will to care.
2) My brain is trapped on editing. I’m not sure I could write new words right now if my life depended on it.
3) I’ve been getting scads of plant catalogs lately, which is making me seriously want to redo my gardens. Except I have no time and no money for that.
4) My poor mom is getting hammered with snow today. Lucky for her, she doesn’t have anything pressing outside of her apartment.
5) The moles or voles or whatever they are have been setting up a condo complex in my front yard. I’ve been stomping the tunnels down, but they just come right back. Yesterday, Hubs actually saw one at work. He took the shovel to it, but I think it got away. =o\
February 9th, 2018 at 11:45 am · Link
Awww. Maggie’s such a sweet girl and yay for better health for Wiz! I hate traffic. Just sayin’… And I get a pedicure once a year. I do my own nails. Once a year. Okay, my week in review…
1) I was asked to do a short blog post for National Novel Writing Month newsletter/blog. I turned it in and was told they’d let me know when it publishes. (If/when… :lol:)
2) We are loving the new wifi/fiber optic TV option. We can set up separate “favorite channels” lists so we don’t have to scroll through all 850 channels.
3) I got part of my office cleared out. My goal this weekend is to get more cleared and maybe even the drafting table moved so I can maybe get on the gazelle.
4) I tumbled across a music video and when I quit sniffling I decided it needed to be the basis for a book. Like I have time to write something else this year! Still, I got the opening down and the first turning point/pivotal scene jotted down.
5) I tried a recipe that sounded good (and was on my blog) Wednesday night and it was awesome. Monte Cristo Bake–eggs, Italian bread, ham, Swiss cheese, milk, all mixed up and baked. YUMMY!
That’s it for me. I need to shower and head to Wallyworld. Then I need to force out the world and head to Montana to get new words written on the current #WIP. Have a great weekend, everyone!
February 9th, 2018 at 3:37 pm · Link
1. Glad Wizard is feeling better.
2. You – do not get sick!
3. Hope all appointments went well.
4. Nails, what are they? Oh messy things at the ends of my fingers ;).
5. Hope you had a great day writing.
1a. Still having security update issues. SO ticked!
2a. Hubs watched Harrison two days in a row. Yesterday for 2 hours while Cassie went to the DR. And today for 5 hours while the kids worked on putting things together in the new house.
3a. Supposed to go out for pizza. It is National Pizza Day :).
4a. Tried to get a large amount of cleaning done today since I won’t be doing much after Tuesday for 10 days or so.
5a. TMJ has really flared up the past 5/6 days. Hubs says it’s because the computer issues have me so frustrated. He could be right ;).
Have a wonderful weekend!
February 9th, 2018 at 7:15 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on Wizard, today he’s not great so we’ll see over the weekend, sigh. Plus his mom is sick, and that’s not good either.
1) Don’t blame you on nails. It always starts when I have them done for something special, and then I do them a few more times and get bored or don’t want to spend the money
2) I’ve been in that editing trap–totally understand!
3) Catalogues are dangerous that way!
4) Hope you’re mom is safe and cozy in her apartment. It’s hot here, and I’m over it.
5) They are sneaky, industrious critters! Hope you win the war. I still shudder from the Wizard vs Gopher showdown here.
Have a great weekend!
February 9th, 2018 at 7:24 pm · Link
Silver, Maggie’s doing a good job of checking on Wizard, but danged if he didn’t get up coughing worse. This stuff is ugly, but he’ll get through it.
1) If they asked you, I’d think they’d have it slotted, but what do I know. My brain is toast tonight. Anyway, it’ll be awesome when it comes out!
2) Great news on your wifi/fiber optic TV!
3) You’re making progress on your office, that must feel great.
4) I love that you can site your inspiration like that, AND I think music, because it’s often creates visceral emotions, is a great source of inspiration!
5) The recipe sounds yummy! I made diet bagels today, they are pretty good.
Enjoy your weekend!
February 9th, 2018 at 7:30 pm · Link
Viki, I’m making a herculean effort not to get sick, but it’s been a long week and writing didn’t happen today.
1) I’m ticked with you on Windows updates. It’s not right! I’m really sorry.
2) Hubs is an awesome grandpa! He and Harrison must be really bonding.
3) Pizza sounds good. Enjoy!
4) I hope you can get all you want to done so you can try to relax after you have the cyst removed. Rest and limiting movement are important to healing.
5) I bet hubs is right on your TMJ. I’ve had that happen when I’ve been so frustrated. TMJ is painful, and it settles down quickly.
Have a good weekend! And if I don’t “see” you Monday, good luck on your procedure on Tuesday!