Friday, May 25th, 2018
Okay I’m not quite back in the swing of things, but getting there. Here’s my 5:
- Donuts, what was I thinking??? Oh right, I felt sorry for Wizard and bought them to make him happy. Whatever, wearing pants is overrated right? (I’m giving myself through the long weekend, then begin weeding out most of the crap I’ve allowed to slip into my eating over the last couple months.)
- Baby Slayer Cute Alert!
- Baby Slayer was out again on Wednesday. CPA Boy took the day off, and along with Special K, they came out to keep Wizard company. Wizard continues to heal well. Boredom is setting in, which is a great sign.
- There’s nothing on TV. It’s so frustrating! Most nights, I can’t read or do anything useful from the nerve pain & tinnitus, so I watch TV and feel my brain cells dying off. On the other hand, it’s a great motivator to get well, LOL!
- It’s Memorial Day weekend, but we don’t have plans since it hasn’t even been two weeks yet since Wizard’s surgery. I have the feeling I’m going to have my hands full just keeping him from overdoing it! I don’t mind though, if this last surgery works, it will all be worth it!
So that’s my Friday Five, now it’s your turn! Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!
May 25th, 2018 at 9:54 am · Link
Okay…Back to normal. Yay for Wiz’s continued healing. You have the best kids. Donuts don’t count when they are medicinal. I agree on the TV and the one fictional show I watched is gone. Still sending you good thoughts on YOUR healing. Now, my five:
1) Woke up to rain. We need it and there’s another chance later this afternoon for more, but could be severe weather.
2) I’m doing a relisten to the Mercy Thompson series. I hope a new one comes along sooner than later. There are books releasing next week that I’m waiting on so will get back into new material.
3) I’m writing. Sort of. ‘Nuff said.
4) The hummingbird came back this morning. Made me smile. I haven’t seen him since early April. Not to say one or more haven’t been around, just that I haven’t seen him/her/them.
5) I won a drawing. It paid the phone bill. Yay.
And that’s my five. Enjoy this long weekend here in the US, regular weekend in the rest of the world.
May 25th, 2018 at 12:58 pm · Link
Silver, I agree the donuts are medicinal, LOL! I’m trying to ignore them. And Baby Slayer is growing into a fun guy :- <3 Now for yours:
1) Ugh, sorry for the severe weather. I heard that some areas were getting hit hard.
2) Really glad you found a series that is holding your interest.
3) Not talking about writing
4) Hope spotting the hummingbird is good luck for you!
5) Congrats on winning the drawing!!! I'd be thrilled if it paid my phone bill too!
Hope you have a good weekend!
May 25th, 2018 at 3:12 pm · Link
1. I haven’t had a donut in at least 15 years ;). Glad you got them for Wizard ;), to speed his recovery.
2. Baby Slayer is so cute!
3. So nice that Baby Slayer comes to visit and help Wizard through the boredom.
4. Nothing is on TV. We tend to watch the history channel and discovery channel for Josh Gates shows. They’re fun.
5. Take the long weekend and lay back.
1a. Going to a new exhibit opening tonight at the Rock Hall.
2a. It’s hot here – 86F YUCK! Going to be hot all weekend.
3a. Harrison is one happy baby. He’s not napping the past three days so hubs says he’s grown up :).
4a. It’s the balloon festival here this weekend. I love them. We’re not going anywhere either. Having ribs on Monday :).
5a. Andrew and Abby head off on their honeymoon to CO tomorrow at 7 am. Very happy for them.
Have a nice weekend :).
May 25th, 2018 at 8:43 pm · Link
Viki, Wizard’s really happy with his donuts Thanks on Baby Slayer! Now for you
1) Hope you guys have a great to at the Rock Hall exhibit.
2) Ugh on the heat, especially if there’s any humidity too.
3) What a good baby Harrison is! LOL on hubs saying he’s all grown up since he’s in the “refuse to nap” stage.
4) Ball festivals are fun! I’m thinking about ribs on Monday too.
5) Hope Andrew and Abby have a great time on the CO honeymoon! I know exactly how you feel for them. We all want our kids to find that special life-partner. I’m happy for them too!
Hope you have great weekend!