Friday, January 11th, 2019
Howdy! It’s time to list five random things from our week. Here’s mine:
- Yesterday we went to see Baby Slayer, who will be ten months old on the 17th. In two months, he’ll be a year! We played with him for a couple of hours, then Baby Slayer was starting to doze off on Wizard’s lap. I told Wizard we had to leave so his mom could get the baby down for a nap. You had to see Wizard’s pouty expression as he said, “But I don’t want to go.” Special K and I finally got the two boys separated I absolutely adore that boy, but I also love watching Wizard with him. He was the same kind of dad–totally hands on.
- Tuesday Wizard and I went shopping and I made chocolate covered graham crackers. The graham crackers are gone, and we have once again proved we can’t be trusted with chocolate goodies.
- It’s a miracle I can even get my jeans on.
- I’m writing, but struggling with a rewrite scene when Justice and Liza reunite and embers of their love reigniting. It’s all a matter of what to put in and what to leave out. I’m going tackle it again today and get it to move forward. I have goals this year! (I’m still being careful and mostly following my recovery instructions).
- This weekend, it’s supposed to rain. We aren’t too worried about floods, the city has once again been out clearing creek beds, and checking/reinforcing the huge berms the build to guide the runoff. Both Wizard and I see the tractors and earth movers working when we walk Maggie. So I’ll probably spend the weekend writing and hanging out at home.
That’s my five, now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope you all have a great weekend!
January 11th, 2019 at 5:53 am · Link
Umm, yeah, right there with you on the food thing and the pants thing. Yay for writing, even if it’s a struggle. Fingers crossed all the runoff flows where it’s supposed to flow and that your writing goes well.
1) Our exercise bike arrived Wednesday. We’re both using it. Right now I can only use it a couple minutes at a time before my muscles start to whimper.
2) I made Oatmeal Cookies from my mom’s old recipe. So good. The only tweak was I put maple chips in them along with the raisins. So, right now, we have cookies, cake, and pumpkin bread in the house to scarf on. (See? Right there with you.)
3) One of my Christmas cards came back as Undeliverable yesterday. Where it was for those weeks, your guess is as good as mine.
4) The summer drought was bad enough here that the farmer moved all his cows out of the pastures we walk by. Not enough hay was cut to hold them over for the winter, I guess. I miss seeing them when we walk. Especially the calves.
5) Today is the 25th anniversary of my accident. I should get a silver platter or something.
January 11th, 2019 at 3:57 pm · Link
1. Yes! Baby Slayer is wonderful medicine. Poor Wizard. I can picture the look on his face being told he had to give the big up for his nap ;).
2. That sounds so good. No surprise you ate them :).
4. Wishing you well in getting this scene down. It has to be difficult bringing them back together after how they parted.
5. Glad to hear that your area is keeping up on the diversion paths for the rain run off.
1a. It got cold here over night (18F) but the snow was light. Should be a cold but nice weekend.
2a. Girlfriend and I are finally going to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow.
3a. Have fallen in love with a new tea – Tulsi Sweet Rose. It actually tastes like roses smell :).
4a. SO behind in reading. Body aches and pains have not helped :(.
5a. Before Christmas the eldest quit his job as director of exhibits at the Rock Hall. Wednesday he started his new job as director ……of exhibits at the Natural History Museum. The funny thing is that’s where he worked while going to art school only now he’s the big wig :).
Have a really wonderful weekend!
January 11th, 2019 at 4:05 pm · Link
Awww! Your boys have such a great role model. They’ll all be awesome hands-on dads too! Good luck on that scene. So glad they’re being proactive on the drainage thing. Y’all need the rain but NOT the problems it can bring. So…my five:
1) I’m on my 20-something startover of the current (and overdue) RDR book.
2) It’s raining here, cold and windy. I was debating between stew, chili, spaghetti, and beef stroganoff. Instead, I put a pot roast and trimmings in the crock pot.
3) JGG turns FIVE in two months! Only is already scheduling the party. They just celebrated their 8th anniversary. Where does the time go?
4) I have a new…guilty pleasure–The Masked Singer. It’s…like a trainwreck with champagne. I can’t even try to put it into words. Google it.
5) All this sweet talk! I’m buying sugar-free oatmeal cookies from Walmart’s bakery for LG. They have raisins. He doesn’t like raisins particularly. He likes plain ol’ oatmeal with no add-ins. I need to find a sugar-free, diabitic-friendly recipe that doesn’t have a bunch of weird stuff in it. Speaking of Google searches.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
January 11th, 2019 at 6:14 pm · Link
B.E., thanks and the pants thing seems to be widespread (snerk) this time of year Now for you:
1) Yay for exercise. (That’s what I’m supposed to say, LOL!) A few minutes is the best way to start.
2) I sometimes make oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips, maple would work too!
3) Hope the returned Christmas Card took an interesting mystery trip.
4) Droughts are terrible! I’m sorry the animals are suffering, and that you don’t get to visit them on your walks.
5) It was a car accident right? I try not to pry too much, but I know it was very serious and left you with hardware, bad memories and residual pain. But you are tough and determined and I admire you for it!
Hope you have a good weekend!
January 11th, 2019 at 6:19 pm · Link
Viki, thanks, I’m enjoying some moments in writing again. Hopefully the water will go where it’s supposed to with the rain. We need the rain, so fingers crossed. Now for your five:
1) Oh my but that is cold!
2) I’d love to hear what you think of Bohemian Rhapsody. I’d like to see it, but I didn’t think Wizard would enjoy it so I haven’t bugged him about it.
3) The tea sounds good, although I’m a coffee girl at heart.
4) Body aches make sleep and relaxing hard, I’m so sorry.
5) WOW CONGRATS TO ELDEST! You must be so proud and happy for him!
Stay warm and have a good weekend!
January 11th, 2019 at 6:27 pm · Link
Silver, thank you I tried to get a little more in-your-face with the scene today. Now lets talk about you:
1) Just reading that one hurts since I’ve been in your shoes and felt my brain bleed with the effort. Sending you virtual creative drive!
>. But it sounds like LG has dietary limitations that make it really hard for you to find acceptable sweets.
2) Pot roast is good! And leftovers can work in a lot of other meals.
3) FIVE!!! I can’t believe it! JGG is growing up!
4) I Googled it. Sounds like an interesting premise with a lot of ego–that would be fun to watch!
5) I’m with LG, I’m not a big fan of raisins in cookies. It’s a texture thing <
Hope you get a lot of writing done and have a good weekend!
January 11th, 2019 at 8:41 pm · Link
Yep. Car accident. And don’t worry about prying. It’s all out there. I even wrote a post about it today.
January 11th, 2019 at 9:50 pm · Link
B.E.!!! I just went and read your story, and I never realized it was that severe. You were so much help to me when my youngest was hurt, but I didn’t realize you’d suffered a brain injury as well. My admiration just went up several zillion degrees. I’m so glad you’re here 25 years later to share your story, I know I’m going to be thinking about it all weekend.
January 13th, 2019 at 3:53 pm · Link
Jenn – The movie was excellent. The casting was amazing. Not only were they all portrayed perfectly but they LOOKED like them. If you grew up on QUEEN like I did, you ‘ll love the movie.
Have a fantastic Sunday!
January 13th, 2019 at 8:03 pm · Link
Viki, thank you! Since it’s supposed to rain here a lot this week, maybe Wizard and I will go see it. I’m glad you enjoyed it!
January 24th, 2019 at 7:07 am · Link
I was extremely pleased to discover this great site.
I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!!
I definitely appreciated every part of it and
i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new information in your site.