Friday, January 18th, 2019
TGIF!! Okay here’s five quick and random things from my week
- Thursday morning I was downstairs having coffee about 6: 45 in the morning when someone knocked on my door. Because I was dressed in pajamas, robe, wild hair and my super stylish soft collar, I looked out the window before answering and saw a police officer. Sigh. Since it was the fourth day of rain, I knew why he was there. To his credit, he didn’t even flinch when I answered the door looking frightful (trust me on that!). He calmly informed me he was there with an evacuation order and a lot more rain was on the way. However, he told us we could “shelter in place” which meant it was super dire, and we chose to do. As I’m writing this in the evening, it looks like the worst has passed by, and we should be fine. A final comment, I really appreciate the police coming by and notifying us. The officer was nice and helpful. I was never annoyed at him, a cop at my door before 7am is just not my preferred way to start the day
- Sad news. My sister, Biker Witch and her husband, Biker Hubby, had to say goodbye to their beloved dog on Wednesday. They had her more that 12 years. I’m not sure how old she was when they got her from a rescue, I think about 3 or 4. She had a great life, but it’s so heartbreaking when you have to make a really tough but loving decision and say goodbye. My heart aches for them. And I sincerely hope that if/when that day comes with Maggie, that I will be as brave and strong as were when they did what was best for their beloved dog.
- My book has been a version of Groundhog Day Hell this week, but I will prevail! Fighting with characters and story is normal for me, and I’m glad to in the battle again.
- I’m reading BENEATH A SCARLET SKY, a novel based on a true story about Italy in WWII. My reading has been really eclectic in the last couple months to say the least.
- This afternoon, I’m going wedding dress shopping with Youngest’s finance, her mom and I’m not sure who else. I’m excited that she included me. She’s going to be beautiful no matter what she chooses. And I also really like her mom so it’s a win-win.
That’s my five, now I’d really love to hear five random things about your week! I hope you all have a great weekend!
January 18th, 2019 at 5:50 am · Link
Oh, no. Poor Biker Witch and BW Hubby. :hugs: Ack for you getting an early ‘shelter in place’ notification. I hope it’s the last of it for you for a while at least. You go girl. Smack that book around and get it to fall in line. Yay for reading and dress shopping!
1) I think I overdid it this week. This morning, I feel like I need to be submerged in a vat of Aspercreme. But the woods are looking good.
2) Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve been interested in rocks. This property is part of an area where the glaciers stopped during one of the ice ages, so it’s covered with really neat rocks. Every time I go into the woods I find stuff to bring back to the house – geodes, agates, quartz, petrified wood. Thank goodness, Hubs is really understanding about the rocks I have laying everywhere in here.
3) I still have a shoebox full of rocks I collected in my childhood. Most of them have fossils in them. Growing up in Michigan gave me a lot of opportunity to find fossils. The state is lousy with them.
4) My bookcases are getting pretty full again. Might be time to do a purge. Or might be time to buy another bookcase. ;o)
5) I’m really envious of people who have loads of plants in their house. There’s not enough natural light in here for that. Living in the woods makes it too shady, don’t ya know. I think that’s why I spend so much time gardening.
January 18th, 2019 at 1:31 pm · Link
B.E, we have a sunny week in the forecast so that’s good. Thanks for biker witch and hubby. We all know the pain, but our animals are worth it. And I’m writing this morning so happy to get some words down and feel this one section of the story open up! Now for you:
1) Sorry for the soreness But ti feels good to see your accomplishment, so at least you have a payoff. Hope you feel better after a day of rest and aspercreme.
2) Cool on your rock collection, and understanding Hubby!
3) Each of those rocks with a fossil in it has a story.
4) Purging books is always a little painful for me. But I don’t keep many around anymore just because we try to simplify. Of course, my kindle bookshelf is stuffed full
5) That’s a downside of your beautiful view, I guess. But then it probably stays cooler in your house in the summer too. You seem to love gardening, and have a talent for it!
I hope your soreness eases quickly and you have a good weekend!
January 20th, 2019 at 3:35 pm · Link
Sorry wasn’t here for the five :(.
1. Good job police. Must make you feel secure that they are on the ball. Glad the rain was controlled and hope it stayed that way.
2. So sorry to hear of Biker Witch and BIL’s loss. I feel for them. It’s never easy.
3. Sorry about Ground Hog Day by I like your analogy ;).
4. I hope you’ve enjoyed your book read.
5. Hope you had a great time dress shopping. Did you have success?
1a. Harrison got sick. His first. Cass had it and gave it to him. Poor little guy. Now his dad has it too.
2a. Got the new router but only I can use the printer because I’m hardwired. The rest are wireless and it needs to be re-configured. Middle son will come over after work Monday and fix everything. I’m just amazed that “I” got the router hooked up .
3a. Man did the snow fall. I like it but it is cold. our high is 13F with windchill it -11F. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.
4a. Just heard BIL’s mom died Friday :(. She’s been in hospice with recurring cancer for a couple months. Thank God she is finally out of pain.
5a. Getting my hair done tomorrow. Can’t wait!
Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon :)!
January 20th, 2019 at 9:13 pm · Link
Viki, no problem I figured you were busy or having router issues. Dress shopping was successful and fun, the police and every other agency are doing great, and Biker Witch and her hubby appreciate your sympathy. Now for your five:
1) Oh no, poor Harrison Hope the whole family feels better soon!
2) Ugh, we went through that with a router upgrade, but Special K helped us getting it set up. Your Middle Son will do the same.
3) WOWZERS that’s cold! Stay warm and safe!
4) Oh no, that’s so sad. I’m so sorry for your BIL and family. It’s just heartbreaking.
5) Cassie’s doing your hair, right? You always seem to love it when she does it. I can’t wait to get mine done on Friday!
Hope you have a great night!