So…it’s Friday? All week, I’ve been confused on what day it is. Sometimes I do that on one day, but it’s been Every Single Day! So if it’s not Friday, let’s just play along!
- I know how to write a book. No really, I do! Or I did…can we forget how to write a book? Never mind, I don’t want to talk about it!
- Maggie is clean and pretty! I took her down to get a bath and grooming. She’s not a fan of water or blow driers, but she loves the girls there and likes hanging out with all the daycare dogs there.
- We sorted out some health insurance things. Yep, that’s the kind of exciting life we live here in The Lyon Lair, LOLOL!!
- Wizard and I are deciding today if we will pull the trigger and book our vacation. It depends on a few factors, like if the flights are still available, and if we can bring ourselves to–gulp–spend the money. Stay tuned! I’m losing so much writing time to this decision! Oh, and believe it or not, Wizard is worrying about leaving Maggie at boarding for a week He doesn’t want her to think we aren’t coming back for her.
- This weekend, I’m may be seeing Baby Slayer if all goes well (things are a bit chaotic in the aftermath of the car accident, but they are fine.) Baby Slayer’s mom called him Turbo in a recent video once, and I may steal that name! Or Rocket Otherwise, I’m going to roll up my sleeves and kick some book bootie!
As you can see, I’ve had a quiet week. Busy with a bunch of boring stuff, but nothing noteworthy. How was your week? I really want to know!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
February 8th, 2019 at 6:46 am · Link
Been there. I think ‘forgetting how to write a book’ strikes when I’m overthinking it. If I just relax and don’t think so hard, my subconscious brain takes over. Or something. Yay for pretty Maggie! Yay for sorting things out! Yay for vacations and for Baby Slayer! (Or writing if it comes to that.)
1) I’m plugging along on this writing thing. Still not ready to talk about it, but it feels good to be writing again.
2) Other than writing, my brain’s all wrapped up in marketing. I’ll be glad when this sale is over. Kinda. Not too glad, though, because when the sale is over, the sales will peter out again.
3) Not sure where the week went. How can it be Friday again already?
4) I think I’m going to try to make focaccia bread. Not today because I don’t want to face the clean-up today, but soon.
5) The ugly icy weather missed us again. We got some stuff, but nowhere near as bad as some of the areas around us. Yesterday, it was snowing and the sun came out at the same time. Sun-snow. Pretty, but weird.
February 8th, 2019 at 12:38 pm · Link
B.E., that’s exactly it — overthinking it. Now let’s talk about you!
1) No questions on your newest project until you’re ready.
2) Marketing is a LOT of work! I hope it’s going well!
3) That’s exactly how I feel! The week whizzed by, I got a ton of other stuff done, but not writing.
4) I’ve never made that bread, but it sounds great!
5) Glad the uglies part of the weathermissed you. Mother Nature is pretty incredible if she can snow while the sun is shining
Hope you have a great weekend!
February 8th, 2019 at 1:43 pm · Link
Turbo! Awesome new name. So glad they’re still all right after the wreck. Pull the trigger. After the year y’all had, you and Wiz deserve the break. And sweet Wiz for worrying about Maggie. She’ll be okay. I’m not talking about writing. End of story.
So, my five…
1. We had a “flash ice storm.” A thunder storm rolled through dropping .08 inches of rain. While this was going on, an arctic front (what we call a blue norther) hit. All that water? Turned to ice almost immediately. Crazy weather.
2. I’m playing a Starbucks “Hopscotch” game for extra stars. Get 125, get a free whatever you want. I want to figure out how in the hell to market my books like this because I go buy stuff to get the squares on the game to get stars for free drinks when I ALREADY HAVE 14 free drinks.
3. I know it’s Friday becauys Live PD is on tonight.
4. There’s a little momma cat and one kitten hanging out at the house across the street. The lady who lives over there is sort of my partner in crime for feeding the neighborhood ferals. She’s in the process of moving momma and baby toward my house to eat the fook I put out. I wish I could socialize them. I’d get mom fixed and adopt both in a heartbeat! Sweet little black cats.
5. Lawyer Guy has decided that the American Legion post is haunted. Weird stuff happens with the lights and he’s heard voices when he’s there alone. Other people have now experienced this so we’re trying to figure out how to capitalize on it and make money for the post. Yes, we’re warped. LOLOL
Have a great weekend! Stay warm, dry, but most importantly, healthy and happy!
February 8th, 2019 at 4:10 pm · Link
1. You’re too funny. But you don’t have to talk about it ;).
2. I bet Maggie looks and smells great.
3. Insurance is awful. Congratulations for getting through it all.
4. Good! You need this vacation. I’m sure Maggie will miss you but she does seem to like the place you take her and makes friends.
5. I hope you get to go see Baby Slayer aka Turbo/Rocket :).
1a. Roof yuck! The sun room has to have 1/2 the roof removed and ice guard installed even up the siding. The dripping issue is hard. The thought is snow got up into our ridge vent and when the temp went up it melted down into the attic. We’ll see.
2a. Youngest is really weird. He and buddies are going camping outside this weekend. Over night will be in single digits – GUYS!
3a. Harrison has taken to walking around with his hands behind his back. I say he’s practicing for when he becomes a professor ;).
4a. Those mypillow sheets arrived. I spent hours on the phone with them because I ordered a second set of pillow cases since we have 4 pillows. Well they sent sheets one color and cases another, both labelled taupe. The website shows just the one shade of taupe for both. So ticked off. Just sent them back and am demanding full refund. The policy is less shipping – no way. Hubs says he’ll tell the credit card company to decline the charge.
5. Seems I never have time to read anymore and I’m bumming. Hope to finish a book I’ve been working on for 1 1/2 weeks this weekend.
Have a great weekend!
February 8th, 2019 at 7:50 pm · Link
Silver, I love that name for him, too! Turbo fits. And we pulled the trigger :-). Now for you:
1) That’s not only crazy, but dangerous weather. Ice can be treacherous.
2) Starbucks is marketing genius. I know I’m being “marketed” and yet I go there. Also…I’m jealous of your free drinks!
3) Live PD is your crack
4) Those cats should adopt you ASAP, they’d have a great life!
5) Yep, you’re both warped and why I love you, LOL!
You guys stay safe and warm this weekend!
February 8th, 2019 at 7:56 pm · Link
Viki, Maggie will be fine, but it’s funny that Wizard worries! I know Emily (the owner of the grooming and boarding place) loves Maggie and will do her best to care for her. Now we must talk about you!
1) That’s just the worst! So they **think** this is the solution but don’t know? So you gamble and spend the $$$ to find out? Man, I feel for you guys!
2) Youngest and his friends are young men…they will learn, LOL! But they are smart enough to stay safe. That’s what I told myself over and over when my sons made these questionable decisions.
3) Oh my gosh, could Harrison be any cuter???? I love the image of that!
4) Well Mypillow turned out to be disappointing. I’m sorry!
5) I hear you on reading. I either listen to books, or watch videos (for insomnia) instead of reading.