This week was a whirlwind! Okay here’s five random things about my week:
- I had to go to jury duty on Wednesday. I made it as far as being selected as an alternate juror on a criminal trial before being excused. I have a friend going through something very close to the charges against the defendant in this case, so the judge excused me. I really liked this judge. He was very good at handling ridiculous excuses in a couple of jurors, and had us all laughing at times, while maintaining excellent control over his courtroom. I wouldn’t mind serving as a juror on a short trial in his courtroom at some point, but this wasn’t the best fit for me, and he agreed once I expressed my concern.
- So many people were sick and coughing in that jury room! Since I’m at the end of my cold, I should be safe, but wow, that crud is going around everywhere.
- I’ve had very little time to write this week. I’m not complaining though, there are worse things that having a busy life filled with people I care about. And I’m still sticking to stopping most work/activity at 4 or 5 (except for cooking dinner and cleanup) to keep healing. My doctors had all warned me how long healing would take, and they weren’t wrong. But I’m doing great, with a lot less pain than I had before the surgery. In time, I’ll get back up to the speed I’m aiming for.
- Turbo turns one year old this weekend! It went so fast, and that boy is such a joy to Wizard and me! We’re having a little family party at our house on Sunday. I’m making beef and chicken tacos, and my version of strawberry shortcake, which is semi-homemade pound cake as the base for the strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
- It’s also our daughter-in-law’s (Middle Son’s wife)! We all love her and feel very lucky to have her in our family!
That was my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!