TGIF! It’s time to share 5 random things about our week.
- The poppies, also known as the Super Bloom, have been declared dead! The city has been spreading the word, and the L.A. Times wrote a tongue-in-cheek obituary piece that I found amusing. I think my favorite line is the first two clauses in this sentence: In lieu of sending flowers, as that would be horrifically insensitive, Super Bloom enthusiasts are encouraged to donate to their favorite Lake Elsinore charity, or maybe just send a nice thank-you note to city leaders. There will still be some people who come hike the trail into the hills, and that’s fine–heck I want to hike the trail with Maggie some morning. We are just crossing our fingers that it won’t be massive crowds that the city isn’t prepared to handle.
- I’ve been to the gym on average about twice a week. If I make it there today, it’ll be three times which is my goal. Although, I’m pretty happy with twice a week right now as I slowly regain some upper body strength. Plus I walk every day too.
- I finally gave in from endless brick-and-mortar store shopping, and ordered three pairs of jeans and three pairs of shorts online. Four out of six items fit me, which isn’t too bad of odds. I’m going to return the two pairs of pants today, and once again, try some old-fashion shopping in the actual store. But I’m not holding out much hope of finding anything. My experience is usually: If I like it–they won’t have my size, or they’ll be something wrong with it.
- We went to see our grandson, Turbo, yesterday. It takes most of the day, but it’s always worth it! His daddy ordered him some washable crayons that showed up while we were there. Turbo loved the crayons, and carried two around with him while we went on walks and toddler-exploring outside. Then once back inside the house, he discovered he could put the two crayons in one of the dog dishes–and Mommy was so busy on a phone call (we were watching him so she could make the call), that she didn’t notice and stop him. Grandma and Grandpa let him play with the clean dog dish and two crayons. Best Day Ever for Turbo! They are so easily amused at this age, LOL! (FYI, Grandpa secretly checked with Mommy, and she said it was fine, she’d just wash his hands before he ate lunch. What a good Mommy!)
- Maggie swears she’s not getting gray. Um….
So that’s my Friday Five. Now I’d love to hear yours!! I hope everyone has a super-fabulous weekend!