TGIF! Okay here’s five random things about my week.
- If I had witch powers, I’d stop the crazy ass storms ripping across the country. I’d also do a bunch of other stuff, like heal sick kids, and zap common sense into some people.
- Wednesday was Middle Son’s birthday. I made him lemon pound cake, and we went out to dinner with him and his wife. It was low-key, but a really nice evening. I’m so very proud of Middle. He’s grown into an interesting, caring and responsible adult that I want to hang out with–all the things any mom could hope for. And I love his wife, I can easily hang out with her too!
- Maggie spent long time smelling one of my shirts. It needed to hang dry, so I hung it on the doorknob, and for some reason, it really caught her interest. I wonder if she could smell my scent on it despite just washing it? Or maybe she liked my choice of fabric softener? I have no idea.
- I just started listening to an audio book called, DOG ON IT. It’s a mystery about a PI and his dog investigating case, and told from the dog’s POV. I’ve only listened to a chapter, but it seems cute. As soon as I saw the dog was the protagonist, I bought the book
- To test my self-control, I bought the ingredients to make a homemade version of Dole Pineapple Whip (it’s like a creamy pineapple soft serve and delicious!) and to make chocolate chunk cooks. Will I cave in and make one or both? It’s a trick question, I don’t have any self-control, and I really need to get back to the gym ASAP!
So that’s five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear about your week. Stay safe and have a great weekend!