Friday, June 7th, 2019
So Friday is happening, and it’s time to share five random things about our week:
- I’m in a funk. A reading, writing funk. It’s so bad, I was actually looking at part-time jobs online and then I remembered I’m not qualified to do anything else, so it’s time to snap out of it and get on with writing. (No real worries here, when I see my doctor again, I’m going to talk to my doctor about my flagging energy levels and ongoing tinnitus. But I suspect this is pretty much my new normal, and I will figure out how to handle it, and do all I want to do. I don’t want anyone to worry.)
- The heat hit this week, and I turned on the air conditioner Wednesday to make sure it works. The unit made an ugly grinding noise that sounded like, HELP ME I’M DYING. So I called the air conditioning guy.
- Guess what? The guy could come out the very next day, Yay!! But that meant that I had to stay home while Wizard went to go see Turbo. Boo!!! Wizard went for the purpose of helping Special K with something, while I had no legitimate excuse, therefore logic said I had to stay home to babysit the sick air conditioner. FYI, Logic can be super annoying. But Wizard had a great time with Turbo, and made me really happy.
- The good news is the guy was able to fix the A/C unit for now. The bad news, he expected payment for parts and labor. It was absolutely a fair price, but it still stung. We’ll be getting quotes on a new system in the next few weeks, which is going to sting a whole lot more. We may be able to wait until after summer to pull the trigger on it, but we’ll be prepared.
- I’m cheering up because Turbo is probably coming over Saturday!
So that was some of my week, now I’d love to hear about yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
June 7th, 2019 at 5:57 am · Link
Sorry about your funk, hon. If it helps, you’re not alone. There seems to be a lot of us in a writing funk this year. :hugs: Gah, AC problems! Fingers crossed it limps through the summer for you. Yay for Turbo time!
1) Got my shot yesterday, so I can stop being a twisted pile of emotions again. Yay.
2) My favorite dog got adopted from the shelter last week. Time to pick a new favorite to root for.
3) I really really really want a dog, but I won’t get one. We’re letting Kira live out her retirement years as stress-free as possible. And I don’t really have the patience for another animal. And… Well, reasons.
4) It’s raining again. Lucky for us, we’re not anywhere near the Missouri River. It’s getting biblical up there.
5) It’s certainly a sad, strange, warped world we’re living in. I just got a spam comment on my blog offering to pay money to people willing to donate their kidneys. =oO
June 7th, 2019 at 11:46 am · Link
You’ve had a busy week! Ugh on the AC, yay for Turbo, yuck on the health stuff, and I totally feel you on the funk. My five is mostly a repeat but here…
1. New critters. Loki and Jacob (who will eventually become Jake because…) Loki is a total mess and too cute. Jake is mellow, sweet, and a love hound. I’m glad he’s older (4 yo) and already housetrained. Now if Loki would just consistently find the litterbox.
2. Writing? WTH is that? Life is too crazy for deadlines. (I wonder if Charles will by that excuse?)
3. Our big screen quit working last night. *sigh* LG is looking at options. Hopefully, it can be repaired. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.
4. Spent most of yesterday without power. We got monsoon rains and concerrent flash flooding in the area (we’re on higher ground so good), and deadly-close lightning. The critters and I spent most of the day in the dark when we lost power. When the lineman finally got there, he blew up the transformer. They had to send in a different crew to replace it. Hopefully, that will help with the brown outs this summer.
5. The house across the street just went on the market. The couple is divorcing. We’ll actually miss them. Then, a house that just sold a few months ago that’s across two streets (we live on a corner) and is the second house down from the corner is back on the market. Our street traffic has tripled. I’m snoopy. And it’s distracting. I hope they sell soon!
Have a great weekend, everyone. If it doesn’t rain (like it did last weekend!), Stormy has a T-ball game. We’ll take Jake due to his separation/abaondonment issues. He likes to ride and the game is only an hour with temps forecast in the low 80’s. Fun times!
June 7th, 2019 at 3:04 pm · Link
1. Sorry about the “funk.” It’s so hard when we drop into one of these yucky times in our lives. I’ve never experienced it for more than a day or two but it stinks.
2. Hate the heat. Good thing you tested the unit. That’s great that they came right out within a day.
3. Costs of repair is nasty and you had to miss out on visiting Turbo :(.
4. Nice that he fixed it. New units are expensive but they are so much more energy efficient that they kind of make up for the cost and the fact that they save us from going to prison for killing our hubs when over heated ;).
5. Having Turbo come over will bring sunshine to your weekend.
1a. Beautiful sunny day today. It’s been raining like crazy so we’re loving it.
2a. I have a stye and then another one came up two days ago right next to the first one. I’ve had the first one for 16 days now. It has been really yucky. Haven’t had one in 46 yrs so it stinks!
3a. Harrison and parents are due home later this evening. Hubs can’t wait to babysit Monday. He wanted to push his way over tomorrow but I told him he has to leave them alone;).
4a. Been fighting with a company for over charging my credit card. They said the charge would be gone by yesterday but it’s still there. Was told to call the credit card. Credit card says it’s the company that has to remove the charge .
5a. I’m going to make Buffalo chicken wraps for dinner. Being from that area originally I love them :). Hubs will survive.
I hope you have a great weekend!
June 7th, 2019 at 3:26 pm · Link
B.E., yes it helps! But I also feel bad for you and everyone else going through it. The A/C is working now, so I’m grateful. Now for you:
1) I understand your relief on the shot! That emotional roller coaster is awful.
2) I’m so happy for your favorite dog! Anytime a dog or any lost animal gets a home, it’s a reason to celebrate.
3) Yep…reasons. I lived that for years, wanting a dog but not being ready to fully commit. Plus I understand you’re giving Kira her kitty-golden-years. One day, you’ll be ready and it’ll happen.
4) Unbelievable that it’s raining again! I’m glad you’re not in the River’s path. Have any levees or dams breached there? I’ve honestly lost track with how many are flooding, or near-flooding. Near-Biblical is a good description.
5) WHAT??? Okay now I’ve heard it all. I’ve had some crazy spam but that is THE CRAZIEST!! Wow, I’m just shaking my head with no rational response.
I hope you have a great weekend!!
June 7th, 2019 at 3:39 pm · Link
Silver, definitely busy, but not bad overall. The A/C isn’t a surprise. Oh and we did get our Real ID’s done–that’s something I was dreading, but it went smoothly. Now you’ve had a busy week! Lets talk about that:
1) I can’t wait to hear more about Loki and Jacob! I’m so happy for you guys, even if you’re a little crazy for taking on a kitten and a dog! At least Jacob is older, I think 4-ish is the sweet spot age-wise. Loki will learn, it’s just an adjustment, and it sounds like you are deeply in love with the new critters.
2) Send Charles pics of Loki and Jacob! Who could resist? Honestly, I fell in love with Jacob’s sweet face from just the pictures. Although I’m very content with my one and only dog, Maggie.
3) I’m crossing my fingers your big screen can be fixed at a reasonable cost. You’re right, it’s always something.
4) Yikes, the lineman blew up the transformer? That’s not something he’s going to want to brag about. On the other hand, transformers do blow, so… Well I hope your power stays on now. Yesterday had to be a long day.
5) I’m sorry a couple you like is divorcing and moving. That’s sad. And you don’t need anymore distractions! I had to laugh at being “snoopy.” I’m average snoopy, but Wizard sees a LOT in the neighborhood because he’s always outside doing the yards, washing cars or working on his hobby.
Hope you have a good weekend with no T-storms (which probably doesn’t help Jacobs separation anxiety). Maggie had a smidge of separation anxiety when she came to live with us, and I found routine and structure helps her. But you’re very experienced, so you likely know how to handle it better than I do. And I hope Stormy has a great game!
June 7th, 2019 at 3:57 pm · Link
Viki, funks happen. Overall, life is good, so this is just one area I haven’t found a good way to navigate yet. I will! And thanks for mentioning that about the A/C being more efficient and therefore cost effective. Even our A/C guy pointed that out. And I get to see Turbo tomorrow–plus he had fun with Grandpa Now we’ll talk about you!
1) Yay for the beautiful day! I always try to notice and appreciate those.
2) Isn’t it weird how those pop up out of nowhere? I haven’t had one in years. I’m sorry you’re dealing with it. I hope it goes away soon.
3) Poor Hubs! He’s having serious Harrison withdrawals I can’t blame him, LOL!
4) How infuriating! It does sound like the company’s fault, they should remove the charge. I hope you can get it sorted out.
5) Buffalo chicken wraps sounds really good!!
Hope you have a great weekend and your eye clears up.