So Friday is happening, and it’s time to share five random things about our week:
- I’m in a funk. A reading, writing funk. It’s so bad, I was actually looking at part-time jobs online and then I remembered I’m not qualified to do anything else, so it’s time to snap out of it and get on with writing. (No real worries here, when I see my doctor again, I’m going to talk to my doctor about my flagging energy levels and ongoing tinnitus. But I suspect this is pretty much my new normal, and I will figure out how to handle it, and do all I want to do. I don’t want anyone to worry.)
- The heat hit this week, and I turned on the air conditioner Wednesday to make sure it works. The unit made an ugly grinding noise that sounded like, HELP ME I’M DYING. So I called the air conditioning guy.
- Guess what? The guy could come out the very next day, Yay!! But that meant that I had to stay home while Wizard went to go see Turbo. Boo!!! Wizard went for the purpose of helping Special K with something, while I had no legitimate excuse, therefore logic said I had to stay home to babysit the sick air conditioner. FYI, Logic can be super annoying. But Wizard had a great time with Turbo, and made me really happy.
- The good news is the guy was able to fix the A/C unit for now. The bad news, he expected payment for parts and labor. It was absolutely a fair price, but it still stung. We’ll be getting quotes on a new system in the next few weeks, which is going to sting a whole lot more. We may be able to wait until after summer to pull the trigger on it, but we’ll be prepared.
- I’m cheering up because Turbo is probably coming over Saturday!
So that was some of my week, now I’d love to hear about yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!