Friday, October 4th, 2019
It’s time to share five random things about our week. I’ll start with mine:
- We went to the dentist yesterday and I got an A+. Wizard did not, LOL! Yep, I gloated, but only because his was really minor stuff and he teases me about my slightly over the top obsession with brushing and flossing my teeth.
- I had hours on Wednesday to write and could not make a short scene work. Thursday I had less than an hour before leaving for the dentist and that’s when the solution came to me. That’s pretty much my writing life
- My brother called yesterday and he’s doing great after his cancer surgery. I’m so happy that he went after this so fast and aggressive. His prognosis is really positive. Luck played a huge part in that too, of course. He was able to catch it early, it’s a cancer that can be surgically removed, he had access to health care…so many factors that contributed to his good outcome. I am very aware of how fortunate we are. We also have a relative fighting hard with a less positive prognosis.
- Today I’m taking Biker Witch out to celebrate her birthday! I’m looking forward to a sister day. We will probably manage to stay out of trouble. Maybe.
- Saturday is a big day for us! The plan is that our grandson will spend the night without his parents for the first time. Of course, with a toddler things can change, and Turbo can struggle with teething now and again. But right now, his parents plan to drop him off, leave, and come back Sunday to pick him up. This wouldn’t be a big deal if we lived closer, but we are a solid hour (more with traffic) away and Turbo’s only 18 months old. I so appreciate them doing this! Wizard is so excited! I am too, but seeing Wizard’s joy just adds to mine.
So that’s my week and weekend plans. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
October 4th, 2019 at 6:12 am · Link
Yay for your A+! Yay for a solution! Yay for your brother’s good prognosis! Happy Birthday, Biker Witch! Yay for Turbo Time!
1) We only have two pieces of chocolate cake left. That one lasted a good long time because we ate smaller pieces, but I’m sad to see it go.
2) Yesterday’s fishing excursion caught nothing but little fish, but it’s good to be out fishing again.
3) It’s post-season baseball time. We watched Silver’s Cardinals beat the Braves last night. Yay for Silver!
4) I’m starting to hear geese on the move southward. Fall is never really here until I hear geese migrating.
5) Ooo, that means the bald eagles should be arriving soon. I love having the eagles around all winter. =o)
October 4th, 2019 at 10:06 am · Link
What B.E. said! Good news all!!!! (Especially about my Cards, which takes one of my five! 🤣 Now for my five.
1. Cool weather finally arrived. So nice to open the windows for fresh air and cool temps. I am definitely a fall kind of gal.
2. Yesterday was a bust. I blame it on the power company, since they were at fault. Lots of stuff went wrong/kaboomed but all due to power issues so the day wasn’t a total loss.
3. The Masked Singer is back. It’s a crazy show but the costumes! And the performers really getting into their characters is even more “cray-cray.”
4. Tomorrow is Pancakes at the Post. I’m helping out by frying up a ton of bacon and sausage. I’m on that as soon as I finish this. Also, family time with pancakes, soccer, siren test, and Mex food for lunch!
5. Other than some flash fiction snippets, writing has been a bust. I need to fix that. Tomorrow.
Have a great weekend, everyone! B.E., go fishing! Jen, enjoy Turbo time! It’ll be fine. The first time is alway a bit anxious but then things work out and all is right in the world. 😍
October 4th, 2019 at 3:24 pm · Link
1. Great job at the dentist – poor Wizard ;).
2. Sorry about the struggle with the scene. Go figure that you get it worked out just when you have to leave.
3. Such wonderful news on your brother. Catching cancer early is so important.
4. Happy Birthday Biker Witch! You two have fun – not TOO much fun ;).
5. Oh WOW! I hope the three of you have a really great time Saturday night. I can see Grandma has already planned some baked goods for Turbo, right? Grandpa planning fun guy stuff to do too? Have tons of fun.
1a. I ordered my new car this morning. This was that most difficult one ever. Usually I go in and it’s done. This time it took several days. Things just weren’t lining up and they changed the series number on my X3 from a 3.5 to a 4.0 and we originally built the wrong one ( a 4 cylinder instead of the 6). But it’s done now :). I should have it by the end of the month.
2a. It is so cool here today – I love it! Two days ago we broke the record at 93F, today, 60F.
3a. I am suffering from my TMJ big time. It hasn’t been this bad in about 5 years. I can’t open my mouth very far. Nothing is helping either. Must drink wine.
4a. Spunks hammock keeping falling off the window. Youngest bought it and said it was a cheap one. Since Spunk loves it, I think I’ll invest in a high quality one from a local PetPeople. That way if it’s no good I can return it with no problem.
5a. Pizza night :)!
Have a really fun weekend!
October 4th, 2019 at 5:25 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all! Let’s talk about you:
1) I’m impressed with your self control around chocolate cake.
2) I’m not an expert on fishing, but aren’t you supposed to stretch the truth, or at least tell us about the big one that got away??
3) Yay for Silver’s Cardinals. I think that’s the one that Wizard missed the end of because I wanted to watch a movie. I heard alllll about it when he found out the Cardinals won after the movie was over.
4) It’s so cool that you get to judge your seasons by the wildlife. I do hear the birds on early spring mornings but that’s about it for us.
5) Time to get your camera out to capture the bald eagles!
Enjoy your weekend and the last pieces of cake!
October 4th, 2019 at 5:32 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on B.E. taking up one of your five!
1) Isn’t it great to have the windows open? Even Maggie is enjoying the nicer (cooler) weather.
2) I read part of your blog then had to leave for the dentist, but I got the gist of a bad day. I’m glad it was on the power company end–at least that’s better than the alternative.
3) I’ve seen bits and pieces of The Masked Singer, and can see the allure of it.
4) Busy weekend! Plus all the prep work of frying up the bacon and sausage.
5) Life keeps sucking up writing time, doesn’t it? I hope you can carve out the time you need.
Thanks for the overnight grandparenting tips. I really mean that! We plan on enjoying it, and keeping things simple and easy. Have a great weekend!
October 4th, 2019 at 5:44 pm · Link
Viki, thanks on all! I thought about baking, but Turbo is so young, I’m going to wait. He’s much more interested in playing with tupperware bowls and spoons, and he doesn’t need more than a bite or two of junk food. We might take him to Target, McDonalds, the park–just easy fun places. This is the age where anything entains him.
1) A new car! Isn’t it funny how something you’ve done many times can turn into an ordeal? Although how they got the cylinders wrong made me roll my eyes. It’s hard to get a 6 cylinder these days, even I know that. Hope it’s ready soon for you to enjoy!
2) Crazy weather! Glad you’re cooling down finally.
3) Yikes, i feel for you with TMJ. Wizard had it so bad once, the dentist thought he’d cracked his jaw. I hope yours calms down. It sounds like you’re in so much pain, you may not even be able to enjoy wine.
4) Well it sounds like the hammock Youngest bought spunk was a good way to find out if he enjoys it before you invest in the more expensive one. But the image of hammock falling, and Spunk being fine by indignant kind of made me laugh Maggie half fell out of her dog bed last night and Wizard and I both laughed. She was not amused.
5) I hope you can eat and enjoy pizza with your TMJ.
Have a great weekend!