Friday, November 1st, 2019
TGIF! Oh my gosh, it’s November! Okay, let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- So my almost daughter-in-law saw the ortho, and the break in her foot is worse than the urgent care doctor diagnosed. But this orthopedic did her a favor, and said he’d put a cast on next week AFTER her wedding. In the meantime, he gave her guidelines and told her to go enjoy her day. I like him Wedding glitches happen, what’s important is that she heals well.
- I got the results of my blood work–all good! Whew, guys, I am relieved and happy! I had a short-term flare of my RA that was looking like it could be ugly, but it resolved and I’m feeling better now. The blood work reassured me, and YAY for some good news.
- Wizard is sulking because I always have better numbers than he does. Of course, I wouldn’t rub that in, bwahahaha! He might be naturally slim and in shape, but I eat better
- I saw a woman today walking a massive German shepherd, and she had full control of her dog. He was so happy and confident walking with her, doing a very dignified prance. It just make me smile to see how much time and care she’d obviously invested into her dog, making sure he’s well controlled, stable and still very happy. I deduced all this in about 90 seconds of observation because, at my soul, I’m a writer and I always write a story in my head
- As you all know, Youngest Son’s wedding is Sunday. I probably won’t post Monday, but I’ll tell you all about it on Wednesday. For now, I’ll just say this–Wizard and I couldn’t be happier!
That’s my five, and I really want to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
November 1st, 2019 at 3:00 pm · Link
Congrats and good news on everything! I wish my five was happier…
1) Adidas finally passed last evening. She went, bundled up and loved, in her sleep. She was 18 and partially paralyzed so a relief but still sad.
2) My brain is in neurtal and that’s bad when it comes to remembering stuff.
3) Today is the start of NaNoWriMo. I’ve been too busy catching up on other stuff today but I’m going to get my 1667 words done and logged before midnight if it kills me.
4) At least I have a project with a deadline so I WILL be writing for NaNo. LOLOL
5) I have 22 ideas and/or one-liners on my white board, plus two titles. I just need to figure out where those lines go and get moving on the ideas. For example: “Patience is what you have when there are too many witnesses.”
Tomorrow is pancakes and soccer. No siren test or Mexican food because the soccer game is at 11. Have a wonderful weekend with the wedding, Jen & Wiz & family. Everyone else, have a good one!
November 1st, 2019 at 3:19 pm · Link
Congratulations on the wedding of BLB and soon to be DIL! Have a really wonderful celebration!
1. So happy to hear that the ortho doc is able to help DIL with enjoying her wedding w/o the cast. All we be set and good next week.
2/3. Great news on the blood work. Poor Wizard ;).
4. That is a person who truly loves her dog. Yes, writers notice everything ;).
5. Don’t post Monday – recover :)!
1a. I love my new X3. It’s bigger than the last one and barely fits in the garage. Our garage was built too small in length for most cars. It only have 10″ max clearance.
2a. Hubs is watching Harrison tomorrow and is preping to be exhausted. He’s already tired from today.
3a. Harrison sent us a photo of him dressed up last night. He was a train engineer and his dad (being a real artist) built him a Thomas the Tank Engine to pull along for his candy.
4a. As usual we had no trick or treat kiddies :(. Too few houses too far apart.
5a. We had snow over night. The deck was covered at 2:50 am and all the trees were coated. It was pretty.
Enjoy the wedding :)!
November 1st, 2019 at 8:49 pm · Link
1) Hugs on the loss of Adidas. I get what you mean about it being a partial relief, but you’ll miss him terribly. In 18 years, he gave you a lot of love and memories.
2) Grief too. Give yourself time. But I hear you on remembering things.
3) Go for it if you’re up to it!
4) You’re determined
5) That’s a lot of ideas and snippets, and I love that dialogue!
I know it’s going to be a weekend tinged with sadness and grief, but I hope it’s a comforting one too.
November 1st, 2019 at 8:54 pm · Link
Viki, thanks I doubt I’ll post Monday
1) Sounds like a beautiful car! I hope you found, or they brought, your owners manual. The garage thing is tricky–we measure the garage size when we look at houses, LOL!
2) Hubs will definitely be tired, but Harrison is worth the energy drain! We will be tired just having Turbo around, but there’s plenty of us to watch over, and play with him, so that’s helps
3) Oh my gosh how cute Harrison must have been as train engineer pulling his Thomas the Tank Engine. He’s such a lucky boy to have an artistic dad!
4) Sorry you missed out on the trick or treaters. I slightly dread it–then enjoy it more than I expected
5) You’re such a early riser! And snow–how pretty and cold.
Have a great weekend!
November 2nd, 2019 at 6:04 am · Link
Yay for your almost DIL! Yay for awesome blood work! LOL about Wizard. I wish there were more people with calm, well-trained dogs. Have a blast at the wedding and we’ll see ya Wednesday!
And to Silver, I’m so sorry for your loss. :hugs:
1) I started NaNo yesterday. 1027 words into… drumroll… finishing the fantasy novel I started back in 2013. Not sure they’re all good words, but they are there.
2) I also cleaned behind and underneath the stove yesterday and took a hard-target 30-minute walk. Oh, the procrastination.
3) Today, the plan is to make apple-cranberry bread. And to write, of course.
4) Hubs heard snow geese flying south over the house way high up. That’s the true sign of fall.
5) Dang. I just realized I totally missed the last day the park is open, maybe forever. Of course, there’s always the outside chance they didn’t close the gates when they shut down the park, in which case, it’s a non-issue. But they probably did close the gates. We’ll see if someone steps in between now and next May to save the park and open it up again.