Friday, February 14th, 2020
TGIF and Happy Valentine’s Day! Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- I need to start writing these blogs in the mornings when I have ideas…by late afternoon/evening, I just want it to be wine time That’s what happens when I start my days around 5:30 a.m.. On the other hand, I’m usually going nonstop in the morning, then I write after lunch until 4 or 5, so…I could get up at 4:30 or 5???? LOLOL! That would make for some interesting blogs. I’m often awake, but definitely not articulate.
- Wizard and I went to a quick dinner last night for an early Valentine’s Day. We wanted to go to a nice place and debated it all week, but between my temporary crown and Wizard’s having a health issue too, we decided to put a nice dinner on hold. And I just didn’t want to cook dinner myself. We went to a local Mexican restaurant. Today, I think we’ll go to the movies just to do something together.
- My Romance Writers of America (RWA) organization is giving me emotional whiplash. My problem is that this organization played a pivotal role in my writing career, creating a deep nostalgia in me that is getting in the way of me making rational decisions.
- I’ve been chipping away at a lot of goals this year, and I’m very happy about that. Even writing Savaged Devotion–although it’s sooooo slow– it is progressing and I’m determined to be pleased with that.
- Sunday is Youngest Son’s birthday, and he and his wife are coming over for lunch. We’re making tri tip, and of course, his special lactose free cookies. I offered to make him a lactose free cake, but nope, he wanted the cookies. I will make him anything he wants, and he knows it, LOL!
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a very Happy Valentine’s Day and a great weekend!
February 14th, 2020 at 7:59 am · Link
Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy early Birthday to BLB! Happy writing to you, even if it’s slow. Eh, I totally know what you’re talking about with the blog ideas thing. And yay for dining out with your sweetie!
1) Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of publishing my first book. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Yay… but I thought I’d be in a different career place by this time. Expectations vs reality.
2) This whole turning 50 this year thing is getting to me, I think. I had a problem at 30, but not at 40. And it’s not even for three months. Silly rabbit.
3) We’ve been cleaning out a previously ignored patch of woods. I found a neat little creature under some garbage – an Ozark Zigzag salamander. So cute. I put him someplace safe so he won’t be bothered again.
4) I made applesauce bread again. Not that I need it, but it’s too easy and too yummy to not make it. I guess I just need to hit the exercise bike more. ;o)
5) While we were cleaning out the woods, I found a couple piles of decorative brick thingies. (Concrete molded to look like rock.) I’ve got them all under the deck now for a project later. I think I’ll use them to make a border or something. But not until it gets warmer here. Brrrr.
February 14th, 2020 at 9:55 am · Link
Happy Valentine’s Day! Or Galentine’s Day since we’re all Gal Pals around here. 🥰 And a nod to all y’all’s five stuffs. All very cool and noteworthy, plus a happy early to BLB/Youngest! Okay, now I need to come up with 5 random factoids.
1) Pitchers and Catchers have reported. Yay! First spring training games start around my b-day. All the present I need. 😂
2) It’s freaking cold! I got chilled last night (which is weird because when it’s “hot in here” it is ALWAYS me! 🤣 ) and LG laughed at me when he walked into the bedroom. I was under the winter covers and had a fleece (double thickness throw) wrapped around my shoulders and head. I was toasty so there! 😝
3) Played chauffeur yesterday. Only needed a brake job and her heater stopped working. I met her up at the shop near her house, then drove her down to her new office. Her car wasn’t ready by closing time so I picked up Stormy from school, we drove to her office to pick her up, then came to my house where I loaned her Drover (my Highlander) for the night and today. When her car is ready, she’ll come get me and we’ll drive north to switch off. Fun times. And did I mention it’s friggin’ COLD! 🥶
4) I’ve been working on “added material” to the established books I’m combining for MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYAL. The scene that I’m writing this week? Yeah, I made myself sniffle. Okay, I might have actually teared up. I hope that scene touches everyone else like that! 🤞
5) I have a book releasing Tuesday. *flail* Instead of my head exploding, I should be thrilled. It’s been a year since my last book released. And I hope to have several books ready to go this year. That’s the plan. So many possibilities!
Have a great weekend and enjoy the possibilities as they pop up! 💖
February 14th, 2020 at 4:20 pm · Link
1. I hope you can figure out how to get the blog in in the morning so it’s better for you.
2. Mexican sounds great. On Monday I told hubs that’s what we should do tomorrow for our Valentine dinner. Great minds :). What movie did you watch?
3. The RWA sounds like a difficult situation right now.
4. That’s great that you’re progressing on your goals. I’m kind of ;).
5. Happy Birthday BLB!!! You all have a wonderful time celebrating. I bet Turbo will have lots of fun with his uncle :).
1a. The carpet is ruined. Men can be SO stupid. We had to buy a new printer because of a print head issue. So why would he plug it in when it was on the floor and try to print? I just don’t understand.
2a. It’s VERY cold here. But the sun came out, so it’s pretty.
3a. Had to have the ellipse repaired again. It was covered under warranty. If it has the problem again they will have to replace the entire right leg assembly.
4a. Also had an issue with my water treatment system. After 23 it has all failed. Have to have everything replaced OMG $7K. That’s happening next Tuesday. Until then I have hard, iron filled, and acid water. Not good.
5a. The ducks gave us eggs last night so that is dinner tonight with trail bologna (if you don’t know, it’s venison bologna). I also have a triple chocolate cake I picked up today at ALDI when I went in to get berries. Yes, I am bad ;).
Have a Very Happy Valentine’s Day and and wonderful weekend.
February 14th, 2020 at 6:01 pm · Link
B.E., thanks we had a nice dinner out
1) Congrats on five years of publishing! But yeah, it’s tough out there. If it helps, even the big sellers have seen significant slumps in sales.
2) Yep silly rabbit! Turning 50 does feel like a big deal though. I was a little freaked when I hit that milestone. But you’re an amazing woman and turning 50 won’t change that!
3) That’s a pretty cool discovery! A nice payoff to all the work.
4) It’s hard to resist making the baked goods we love! Enjoy your applesauce bread.
5) I’m all for repurposing things, and the concrete bricks would make an excellent border. Moving them sounds like a workout though
Hope you have a good weekend!
February 14th, 2020 at 6:06 pm · Link
Silver, thanks and Happy Galantine’s to you
1) Isn’t your birthday in March? Hmm…I’m probably wrong, I suck at dates.
2) Wow you were chilled last night! Hope the weather warms up to something more bearable soon.
3) That’s a lot of chauffeuring! Plus loaning her your car. You’re such a good mom.
4) I love scenes like that!! It must be a great addition!
5) Congrats on the book releasing this week! Is this the anthology? It’s awesome news! You’re back in the game!
Hope your weekend is full of surprising and good possibilities
February 14th, 2020 at 6:17 pm · Link
Viki, we decided not to go to the movies. Instead we went to the gym together, then Wizard had stuff he wanted to do around the house, and I went to Trader Joes (it’s 20 minutes away), and then to the candy story to buy some chocolate truffles, then made almond butter. We’re making dinner together tonight–all in all, a good day.
1) Yikes, I was afraid it was ruined. I’m so sorry.
2) You, B.E. and Silver are all cold, and it’s in the 70s here. I feel guilty.
3) I wonder if Ellipses are fragile? I notice they get wonky at the gym a lot, but then, they have a lot of use so I don’t really know. I hope it’s fixed for good this time.
4) Ugh, that’s a big expense, but you have to have a reliable water treatment system. It’s going to feel like a long few days waiting to get it done.
5) Yay for duck eggs! Because I’m squeamish, I don’t eat venison, but I’m sure it’s good. If I think about the source of any of the meat I do eat, I’d be a vegetarian Ironically my mom grew up on a small ranch in Texas, so I don’t know where I got my squeamishness. Now the cake sounds YUMMY!! We obviously think alike since I picked up the chocolate truffles. These are very decadent and I buy them maybe once a year.
Enjoy your cake and I really hope this week is the last of your expensive problems (carpet & water treatment system) for a long time!