**Edited to add the picture I forgot. First my blog didn’t post as scheduled, then later realized I neglected upload the picture into my post. Facepalm, LOL!
Happy Friday, the day before the Independence Day in the U.S.!
**NOTE** If you’re looking for an update on Wing Slayer Hunters, check out #2
Let’s move along to sharing five random things in our week:
- So as most of you probably know, I sent my book, SAVAGED DEVOTION, to my editor. I’m trying not to think about it because it’s out of my hands for now. But what I will share is that I cut nearly 70 pages and about 18 thousands words from my first draft. I am happy about that, and I suspect there’s more places I can cut and tighten.
- I am going to write more Wing Slayers Hunter books. This week, and probably next, I’ll be re-immersing myself in that world, and redoing my outlines and updating my bible that I desperately need to write these books. I want to write the next two books quickly, but one thing I know for sure, these books are hard to write. Very Hard. Well, all books are hard, but the world building in these books up that challenge significantly
- My little herb experiment is a bit out of control. In the picture below, I now have red bell pepper, English thyme, curled parsley, sweet mint and basil! I repurposed the silver container and put succulents into it–that sits on my patio table, but I moved it here for the picture so it wouldn’t feel left out. Also, if the my red pepper grows, I will have to transplant and get it a support system for it. I even had to buy the table I have the plants on now until I can talk either Wizard or Youngest Son into building me the big plant holder table I want. Well, unless I kill them all, then we shall never speak of this little adventure again.
- I’m listening to INSIDE THE FIVE-SIDED BOX by Ash Carter (former Secretary of Defense) on my youngest son’s recommendation. I hesitated on this one because youngest reads books that should be marketed as miracle cures for insomnia But he thought I’d enjoy learning about more about the pentagon and how things are run. He was right! I have a few other books lined up on my Kindle, but my physical reading is going to be focused on Wing Slayers for a couple weeks.
- I think Turbo is coming over for July 4th, but I haven’t verified that when I’m writing this blog. We are having serious Covid-19 spikes in CA (as it is in many other states) and huge increases in hospitalizations, causing restrictions to tighten up again. Wziard and I were being careful anyway, as are Turbo’s parents, so for now, we are going to keep seeing them.
That’s my Friday Five, and now I’d love to hear yours. I hope you all stay safe and well, and those of you in the U.S. have a great Fourth of July!
July 3rd, 2020 at 10:15 am · Link
Omg 😮 omg 😮 omg 😮
You have made my day, my month, and my husband a happy man 😉
I’m happy dancing all over the place. I’m soooooooo excited 💜💜💜💜💜💜
Thank you 🙏 thank you 🙏 thank you sooooooo much 🙏
July 3rd, 2020 at 12:16 pm · Link
Yay for cuts, Wing Slayers, thriving plants, finding an interesting booki, and maybe Turbo Time(tm)! 🤞 for that last one. My five:
1. I got my antibodies test back. It was negative, which sort of bums me out, not that I wouldn’t continue being careful even if I did have them. I guess next on the agenda is to go ahead and get tested for the real thing. I’ll work on that. Eventually.
2. Sticking with medical, I ordered, received, took, and mailed back an Ancestry DNA kit for all the ancestry plus medical stuffs. Being adopted, it’ would be nice to discover some things. Maybe.
3. No Stormy Time this week. T-ball on Monday, which will probably be when we see him. Normally, we’d see him and his parents on the 1st Saturday, but no siren test due to the 4th. 🎆
4. I spotted one of the ferals that had been MIA for several weeks. Good to see Hi-Jinx again. He was very skittish because Lucifer was around and Lucy hates everyone but Shy Cat. Still, good to know he’s okay. Still worried about Possum, my “goblin” cat. Haven’t seen her in a long time either.
5. It’s stupid hot and as a result, all the stupid people have come out. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Darwin’s Law will kick in. We plan on staying in under the AC, like smart people.
If any of y’all get out and about, stay safe and stay sane! Happy 4th, America!
July 3rd, 2020 at 2:59 pm · Link
1. That’s great in tightening up the book. I would have a terrible time doing that. I always add too much when I write.
2. Oh boy :)! Can’t wait for more Wing Slayers. It makes sense that they are hard to write and I’m sure you have to revisit timelines and stuff.
3. I love your garden. You will not kill them and they will be excellent additions to your meals.
4. I’m glad you are enjoying Ash Carters book. I may look into it.
5. Sure hope Turbo gets to come over tomorrow. Ohio is having spikes too but not where I live. All those moron looters and the protesters added to the spikes. Then we have people that gather together in large groups – stupid. At least the death rate is not going up.
1a. It’s HOT and humid here. Hate it! We will be 90 or above for at least the next 8 days. I will be staying inside as much as possible.
2a. Youngest is going camping. Crazy young people. Too hot and humid for me. He’s only going for 2 days.
3a. Had a massage the other day that really helped my shoulder/neck/arm and then I cleaned bathrooms and vacuumed. I think hubs needs to do all work from now on and I’ll lay around eating bon bons
4. I don’t think we will be seeing Harrison this weekend. I was hoping we could stop in for a few minutes because I bought him play dough and cheese popcorn from the popcorn shop in town. Maybe Sunday morning after church and before it gets too hot.
5. Hubs is getting me pizza for dinner and I haven’t taken any drugs so I’m going to have a glass of Malbec.
Have a Very Happy Independence Day!
July 5th, 2020 at 10:32 am · Link
Julie, you’re welcome!!! And you made my day as well
July 5th, 2020 at 10:37 am · Link
Silver, since I’m so late answering, lets just get to you:
1) There’s no winning with this virus right now But I guess you were able to satisfy your curiosity
2) Can’t wait to find out your results from Ancestry DNA!
3) Sounds like you’re missing your Stormy time!
4) I love the names you have for your feral friends!
5) I’m all for Darwin’s Law, just not the law of Unintended Consequences.
Hope you’re having a great weekend!
July 5th, 2020 at 10:41 am · Link
Viki, we did see Turbo, thanks!
1) Wow, that’s a long stretch of humid misery for you
2) Yep, young people are definitely nuts. I’d probably have done it at that age too.
3) I think you should get more massages if it helps you that much!! And no housework. (As I’m sitting her contemplating oiling my kitchen cupboards today…but I probably won’t.)
4) I hope you got to see Harrison, and give him his play dough and cheese popcorn.
5) I’m like 2 days late answering, but hope you enjoyed your Malbec!