Friday, July 31st, 2020
Jumping right into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- I can’t believe it’s August tomorrow!
- My revision is not working yet, but my house is clean I’m not looking for sympathy, I’m confident I will figure it out, but Wizard and I set this week aside to tackle some house projects. I will stress next week.
- My hairdresser broke her leg, it’s pretty bad and she’ll be having surgery next week I’m sure all will go well, but I’m so sorry she’s going through this.
- I’m reading Sinful Magic right now. Reading my own book is always painful, I can see so many ways to make the writing better. But I love Dyfyr, the dragon from that book, as much as ever.
- Sunday is my birthday and my kids are coming over and bringing food. I appreciate that so much. We are very conscious this may not be the best idea, but my mother’s heart just can’t say no. This virus is here for awhile, so we are coping the best we can.
That’s my quick five things that I’m writing after wearing myself out doing projects today Now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope all of you have a safe and happy weekend.
July 31st, 2020 at 7:10 am · Link
Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day with all the kids and Turbo. Yeah, August… where the heck did that come from? I’m confident you’ll figure out the revision, too. Oh, no! Positive thoughts for your hairdresser. And yeah, re-reading books you’ve already published is painful. Hang in there. :hugs:
1) August. Argh. This is the month Owl will turn 27 and the first time we’ve been together for her birthday since 2012. It’s also the month when she should be going back to Michigan and school. Fingers crossed that doesn’t get screwed up somehow.
2) I’m trying to light a fire under my butt to do some kind of August WriMo. Gotta do something. Every day, I think about writing. And every day, I don’t write. Blerg.
3) The heat laid off a little bit this week, but the rain they were predicting has been a non-event. Meh.
4) This morning Hubs started changing all the calendars to August. I joked that we should buy 2021 calendars and change over to those.
5) There are squirrels on the roof right now, chasing each other all over. Thumpity, thumpity, thump thump thump. They jump on from the black oak in the back, run around, then jump off onto the redbud in the front. Back and forth, round and round, all morning long. Silly buggers.
July 31st, 2020 at 8:56 am · Link
Yikes on your hairdresser! This is a bad time to be anywhere around hospitals and bad breaks are awful! Sending healing thoughts her way. Happy Birthday!! (Two days early. I actually have you on my calendar. LOL) As long as the kids have been practicing social distancing and handwashing and aren’t showing signs, things will be fine. We NEED family and close friends because our mental health is just as important as our physical. Speaking of that, don’t stress. It’s your process. You’ll fiddle. Erase. Rearange. Put it back the way it was. Start over. And then it’ll hit. You’ll find your stride and it’s off to the races. Lord, I almost can’t stand reading my backlist. SOOOO much I’d do differently! *shudder* Okay, my five.
1. Stormy called last night. Well, Baseball Boy called and then put Stormy on the phone. He wanted to spend the night tonight. Guess who’s coming over at 3:30 this afternoon.
2. Not a huge writing week but I did manage to add new words almost every day. Nibbles are better than nothing.
3. Made my second batch of semi-sweet chocolate peanut clusters. This time, I sprinkled tiny bits of sea salt on their tops. YUMMERS!
4. The weather has cooled. The main thing is the lower humidity. I had my first cup of coffee out on the patio, watching the dogs do their morning fence circuit and listening to the birds. It was nice–67 instead of 77. That 10 degrees and the difference between 54% humidity and 84% is huge! It was nice. And quiet.
5. August. Wow. How is that even possible? LG and I have an anniversary coming up next week and his birthday at the end of the month. We probably won’t do anything.
Boring life but that’s okay. Beats the alternative. Have a great weekend, everyone!
July 31st, 2020 at 3:09 pm · Link
1. Yup, August is tomorrow. With this darn virus time seems to be super slow and lightning fast all at the same time.
2. Glad your not stressing and how wonderful to have a clean house ;).
3. Your poor stylist. I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
4. The artist is the most critical of their own work but you will get beyond that. We all love Dyfyr.
5. That’s fantastic that the family will all be together to celebrate your birthday. We know that you will social distance so enjoy and live it up! Happy Birthday!!!!
1a. Couldn’t take it anymore so I called my surgeon and saw her. Had my mam early and an ultra sound. Good news. It’s just a freaked out lymph node .
2a. Youngest got off to CO okay and must be having a great time because we haven’t heard a peep since he got there .
3a. Finally was able to score some Lysol spray today. Doing the happy dance.
4a. August is the huge birthday month in my family. I have to get to the store a buy cards. I need 12. Thank heaven I don’t buy presents for them all. Poor hubs has no gift for me this year. I always buy my own and give it to him to give me, otherwise I get some really ungodly things. Maybe I’ll buy some winter slippers .
5a. We had bald face hornets show up on the deck again. Haven’t had them in 3 years. Good thing the guys came out and sprayed right away.
Have A Very Happy Birthday!
July 31st, 2020 at 4:38 pm · Link
B.E, thanks on all. I’ll get the revision figured out, it’s been a distracting (but not bad) week.
1) Happy Birthday month to your daughter! And crossing my fingers going back to school works out.
2) Yeah, we all need that fire now and again.
3) Glad you’re getting a break in the heat! We in a heat wave of 100 plus.
5) I wish I had your squirrels energy!
Hope you have a great weekend!
July 31st, 2020 at 4:43 pm · Link
Silver, aw, that’s so sweet that you have my birthday marked. It wasn’t really even on my radar until Wizard and the kids told me their plans, LOL! It’s just that kind of weird year. Exactly on revision, but I’m giving myself a break until Monday.
1) Stormy Time! I love that he wanted to come spend the night with you
2) 100% true! Any writing is good writing.
3) Sounds so good.
4) That sounds so lovely. I’m walking Maggie at 6:30 am because it’s so hot.
5) I know, August just doesn’t seem possible. I hope you guys do something to celebrate your anniversary and later, LG’s birthday, even if it’s just cooking something special at home. But yeah, it’s just hard this year.
Hope you’re having a great time with Stormy!
July 31st, 2020 at 4:51 pm · Link
Viki, the clean house won’t last long, but it’s nice to feel like it was at least done.
1) I don’t blame you and great news that you’re all clear! I think your worry was reasonable, and I’m glad you didn’t let this pandemic keep you from being proactive.
2) I bet he’s having a blast.
3) Yay for your Lyson! I can’t find one cleaner I want anywhere. I can compensate with stuff I have, but it’s just weird. On the other hand, I can get hand sanitizer everywhere.
4) 12 birthdays in a month!! Wow, it’s like Christmas. I hope Hubs can come up with an idea to surprise you and make you feel special like you deserve.
5) Yikes on the bald faced hermits. Glad you got those taken care of.
Hope you have a great weekend!