Friday, August 14th, 2020
TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week:
- Why do characters wake me up at 4am to whine about their problems and annoy me? You know what would be awesome? Wake me up for the solution and you’ll find me all kinds of happy rather than pissed.
- We bought some steaks from Costco and tried them. They were pretty good! We buy very little steak anymore because it’s been so disappointing.
- I made chipotle rice this week and we both enjoyed it. It’s just white rice with some lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro, but little things make me happy
- I got my hair cut and colored, and these days, it’s a total covert operation to do that. California closed hair salons, UNLESS they cut hair outside. Umm, first it was 107 degrees yesterday so…seriously? Plus the logistics of moving everything outside unrealistic.
- I’m seeing Biker Witch today. Our big day out is meeting at Target with masks. It’s exciting, LOL!
I’m staying home this weekend and smacking around my revision. Violence is okay in fiction, right? It’s a good thing I love this book! Anyway, that’s my five and now it’s your turn to share yours. Have a great weekend?
August 14th, 2020 at 6:03 am · Link
Ugh, silly characters need to let you sleep. Yay for finding good steak. and for the little things making you happy. Yay for getting your hair done! Yay for Biker Witch! LOL about the Target meeting, though. Smack that revision around! Violence is totally okay.
1) Heard this morning that a local restaurant is closing down for 2 weeks so they can disinfect everything after a worker tested positive. My first thought was ‘that’ll be the cleanest that place has been in years’. We ate there once and ew.
2) Last night, I had big plans for this morning. This morning? I seem to lack the motivation to do anything but drink coffee.
3) I’m still writing every day, so I got that going for me. Over 13K for the month so far and the book rolled over 50K total words. The end is in sight.
4) I really need to weed my gardens again.
5) My really awesome polarized fishing sunglasses broke the other day. Wednesday, I picked up a new pair. The frames are camouflage, which amuses me greatly. I bought them because they were on deep discount, but it makes me wonder… Why would anyone need camo to fish? It’s not like the fish care about what the fisherman is wearing.
August 14th, 2020 at 8:12 am · Link
What B.E. said! She always sums it up better than I do. And I’m lazy. On that note, on to my five.
1. I missed a day. I was convinced Monday was Tuesday and Tuesday was Wednesday, when I was supposed to have a direct deposit drop and I couldn’t figure out why on “Wednesday” morning–after checking it “Tuesday” night around midnight when the deposits usually roll. Then I looked at the date. Derp. 🤦🏼♀️
2. Stormy has been here a lot this week. All day Monday, spent the night, most of Tuesday. Wednesday. We got yesterday “off” and I’m picking him up after school supply drop-off this morning so Only can head straight to work. He’s growing up because LG and I BOTH managed to get some work done with him here.
3. Like B.E., I’m getting new words done. I’m not keeping exact count but I’ve done at least 20K since she and I started AuGoWriMo. Yay. Talked to Only about the cover yesterday.
4. Waiting on line edits from NY for the Feb. ’21 RDR#9 release. I have a title but I’d like a cover to go with it so I can do an announcement.
5. It’s HOT! 😓😓😓 Last week was soooo nice and this week, August came back with a vengeance. I totally sympathize with those of you west of here stuck under the heat dome. The sucker is viscious. We’re just getting the “outer bands.” Good news is we may get some relief starting tomorrow and for next week. Totally got spoiled so 🤞 for a 10 degree drop in temps. Every little bit helps.
And that’s my five for the week. Time to go get dressed and head towards Stormy’s school. Have a great weekend, everyone! I’ll be writing, hoping to get a lot done on NIGHT WISH before I have to switch gears for RDR#9.
August 14th, 2020 at 5:26 pm · Link
B.E, I planning on a fictionally violent weekend
1) LOL!! Your story reminds me of a place we went here that was so gross, we walked out before ordering. So yeah, I’d laugh too.
2) Drinking coffee is doing something, right?
3) You’re a writing machine! I love it!
4) Weeds, ugh. They are a never ending chore.
5) First, I’m sorry your sunglasses broke. When I have the right pair, I’m always bummed when they break. Second, yay for finding another pair you like. Third, camo is everywhere these days. And fourth, yeah, fish probably don’t appreciate the whole camo style given that once caught they have bigger problems.
Hope you have a good weekend!
August 14th, 2020 at 5:33 pm · Link
Silver, you’re efficient not lazy!
1) Days move around sometimes to confuse us. Seriously, it happens. Today, I was half way to the appointed place to meet my sister, then was like, Wait today’s Friday right? FYI it must be Friday because she was there, or we both lost a day. Either is plausible.
2) Wow, yeah he must be growing up if you can work with him around. Wouldn’t happen with Turbo, but he’s only 2.
3) You and B.E. are both rocking the writing gig!!
4) I’m assuming this is straight line edits (copy edits) not revisions. They need to get that cover nailed down so you can announce! I’m looking forward to the next one.
5) Yeah HOT is sweltering, and I feel for all of us.
You guys have a great weekend!
August 15th, 2020 at 1:59 pm · Link
Kept getting called away yesterday so here I go –
1. You know that’s how things go with characters. We’ve all watched how they love to mess with you ;). You’re going to have to lay down the law.
2. We’ve always had good luck with meat from Costco in the past. Red meat is still hard to get around here from some stupid reason and like you, what I have been able to buy is not good quality. I am very glad to know that Costco didn’t fail you.
3. The rice sound very good and nice and simple. I like that!
4. OMG! I can’t imagine having to do hair outside. Sorry, but CA is crazy. To be out in the 107 degree heat too must have been very trying. I feel for you and your stylist (didn’t she just have surgery on her broken leg?). I bet you feel really good having your hair done.
5. I sure hope you and Biker Witch had a great time at Target. Did you get coffee too? Sure hope so.
1a. Middle and family were awakened at 1 am Thursday by SWAT. The 80 yr old man that owned the house directly across from them was found dead in the front yard. Seems the SIL that was living there killed him. No reasons known as to why yet. Very scary. SWAT and helicopters and the like swarmed for 5 hours until they brought in the SIL.
2a. Yesterday middle called to say they aren’t coming over Sunday to celebrate my birthday. They aren’t feeling well. I told them to stay away. If somehow they picked up -19 and passed it on to hubs or me they would never forgive themselves.
3a. Hubs and I had a nice bottle of Malbec and Parmesan crusted lemon sole for dinner. Very good.
4a. Spunk was sick for two days this week but appears to be feeling much better.
5a. Harrison is a hoot. He loves trains so they take him to the tracks to watch them. Thursday 5 went by and the engineers all waved to him. He and his father walked along the tracks and picked up coal too. Hubs dad was a train engineer so we figure it’s in his blood :).
Have a great rest of the weekend!
August 16th, 2020 at 7:15 pm · Link
Viki, I HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My usual hairdresser (and also a decades long friend) had surgery on her leg. It’s a bad break, and it’s going to be awhile before she can put any weight on that leg. I really feel for her, especially since it’s like what BLB went through. I saw someone else she recommended, and we didn’t do it outside because that’s just insane. However, it was all very careful, and following CDC guidelines. I really don’t want to get sick or get anyone sick.
1) Wow that would freak anyone out, I think. I’m sorry for them, and for the family of the murdered man. How sad.
2) I hope middle and his wife feel better now! it’s better to be safe.
3) Sounds like a great dinner! I’m not a fish eater, but I would think Malbec would compliment that, specially with the parmesan in the crust.
4) I’m so relieved to hear Spunk is feeling better. It always worries me when Maggie gets sick just because they can’t tell us exactly what’s wrong. But sounds like Spunk will be fine.
5) What a great father-son day for Harrison and his dad! Interesting that hub’s dad was a train engineer. Harrison’s going to want to hear all about his great grandfather!
Happy Birthday again!