Happy Almost Halloween! Time to share five random things about our week:
- It’s hot again. I’m not a fan. Since it had cooled off, Maggie and I were walking twice a day, but yesterday we could only do once.
- I have played the spin game all danged week. This is my pattern, and totally my fault for giving in. So I ran into a character arc wall on Eli, and I spun off in search of magic to find the answer. But ultimately the only way to find the answer is to keep working at it until Eli tells me. Oh well, today is a new day and I will do the butt in chair thing and fight to make Eli cooperate. He’s mad at me (I know why), but he’s going to have to get over it and trust me.
- This week we drained the pool to change the water since it’s been over a decade. Behind me in the pic is a puddle of dirty water from washing down the sides after we had huge winds. Now we’re refilling it, then Wizard will treat it to get out some discoloration, and after that, he’ll put in salt and chemically balance the water. This wasn’t strictly necessary but Mr. Perfectionist wanted to do it as it’s good for the pool to completely change out the water. It sure is weird seeing the pool empty.
- We got a new bed yesterday. In good news it arrived earlier than expected, about 7:45 a.m. I’d just gotten home from waking Maggie, and Wizard and I had 10 minutes to marathon move around mattresses. We’ve have three beds, and between moving things around, washing everything that was in the rooms, plus waiting for a couple things to arrive from Amazon then washing those, followed by remaking and reassembling the rooms turned into an all day event and a gazillion trips up and down the stairs. So…good exercise I guess???? I’m happy about the new bed. It’s something we’ve been talking about doing for two years, and finally got it done
- This weekend CPA Boy and Special K are taking us to their favorite nice restaurant that is Covid careful. We’re looking forward to it! This will be Wizard’s first time, and my second, to eat out since this whole Covid thing started.
So that’s my five, now it’s your turn to share yours! I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane and storms is safe and well, and you all have a great weekend!