Friday, November 13th, 2020
TGIF! Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things around our week:
- The big news is I think I have SAVAGED DEVOTION uploaded at all the sites, except for the print version which is coming later. I’ll send out a newsletter Monday, and put links here on the blog then.
- I did my plot chat with Marianne, and it was awesome. I can’t wait to get back to writing Primal Magic. I have a better feel for what I need to do. One plot problem is still bugging me, but that’s how it goes when you’re deeper in a series, and I need to stay as true as I can to the world rules and plot points already laid down in the previous books. I’m more confident I’ll figure it out.
- I bought a 2021 planner, but now I’m afraid to open it. I mean…2020 was full of mean twists, ugly turns and grim predictions. I feel like the new calendar is just daring me to write down my plans so the Trolls of the Universe can find new ways to blow them up.
- I got a new hat for walking Maggie on the foggy mornings:
- I’m going to see Biker Witch today, and Maggie has a special invitation as well. She’s thrilled, and also, she’s so spoiled. Otherwise, my weekend will be quiet, I think. I need to get my newsletter set up, I’m behind on cleaning, and, you know, the usual life stuff.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
November 13th, 2020 at 7:51 am · Link
First off, SQUEE! And I searched Amazon, found it, and one-clicked it! Yay! Wait ’til Monday? Piffle. Yay for Primal Magic! You can do this! I totally get you on not wanting to open 2021. Awesome new hat!! And yay for seeing Biker Witch! Umm, you have every right to be behind on cleaning – you published a book for petesakes. :hugs:
1) I finished a pretty neat book last night – FLINTELF by Victoria Bastedo. It’s a fantasy mystery. Now I have another awesome book to read.
2) I was kinda half-watching American Pickers yesterday when I heard them mention the name Dan Patch. I looked up to see them digging a horse print out of some dude’s pile of stuff. Dan Patch was a racehorse from way back and I only know the name because we had a print of him and two other horses hanging in our house when I was growing up. Sure enough, the print they found was the same one we had. I was pretty excited.
3) Mom had her other eye surgery this week. The first one went really well and I expect to find out this one went well, too, when I call her this morning. She might not even need more than reader glasses after this heals up. Which will be weird because I don’t remember a time when she didn’t wear glasses.
4) The leaf removal project is well underway. Hubs has about 3/4 of the yard cleared now. I did under the deck yesterday. Now all we have to do is the back and we’ll be done for another year. Yay,
5) I think I’m going to make brownies today.
November 13th, 2020 at 9:11 am · Link
I’m off to one-click! YAYAYAYAY! It might take me awhile to read because I can only read for about 10 minutes before my eyes water and go blurry but I’ll get through that puppy because AWESOME! Cute hat, lucky Maggie, and yay for plots, brainstorming and Biker Witch. Not necessarily in that order. Okay, my five:
1. It’s Friday? How can that be?!?!?! However, I’ve hit over 2K words every day on the current WIP. Which has a heroine named Justice. I’d forgotten about your Justice until I read the first chapter. Ah well. It happens. 🤣
2. Still waiting on the yard crew. If I had a chain saw, I’d be out there at least cutting up the stuff. Then they could haul it into piles, if they ever show up. If they miss the free city pickup, they’ll have to haul it and pay the dump fees so I hope that’s incentive to get here soon.
3. Weather can’t make up it’s mind. Oh, wait. This IS Oklahoma. Cold, warm, cool, hot, cold. And people wonder why we dress in layers…
4. Loki and LG have a new game–microwave peekaboo. I have a kitchen stool that sits on one side of the microwave, which is on a rolly-cart stand at the end of the penisula. Loki sits on the stool. LG, standing on the opposite side of the penisula/stand, ducks down. Loki pops up to find him. LG pops up and Loki “hides.” They’ll stand tehre and do this for 10 minutes if I stay out of it. And this from a man who doesn’t like cats.
5. As you can tell, life is very exciting these days. Not! So to come up with my fifth thing, I refere back to my first. I am now over 30K words, heading toward 50K or maybe a little more. 😲
That’s my life in five paragraphs. Have a great weekend, everyone! 🥰
November 13th, 2020 at 3:38 pm · Link
1. YIPPIE! I bought my copy.
2. You’re really making progress on Primal Magic. Hope you work out what’s nagging you about the plot real soon.
3. I have faith that 2021 is going to be better and your planner will be of good use.
4. I love your hat.
5. I bet you and Maggie had a great time with Biker Witch today. Did you go out for lunch?
1a. Middle called Wednesday night to let me know that he and DIL do not feel comfortable with the rise in Covid cases in Ohio and have decided not to come for Thanksgiving. I now have a way too big turkey (there are no small ones to be found around here – mine is 14#). We’ll figure something out.
2a. Eldest smoked brisket the other day and hubs went over to play with Harrison and pick a packet of it up that they froze for us 🥰.
3a. I have to wash our bed pillows this weekend. I do it every three months but hate it because my washer always goes off balance.
4a. I think I’m going to point and click and buy Harrison’s Christmas presents this weekend.
5a. I am also going to pick up some eggnog from the local dairy. It is SO yummy. I only drink about 2 oz. and youngest will drink the rest. I just need to feed the craving😊.
I hope you have an excellent weekend!
November 13th, 2020 at 5:21 pm · Link
B.E., thank you! I’m a little behind the ball, but trying to catch up. But I’m happy to have completed that trilogy. Mostly, I need to get back to writing.
1) Yay for finding a good book!
2) How fun and nostalgic to hear the name of a horse you remember as a kid.
3) I’m sending my best wishes to your mom. Wouldn’t it be great if she didn’t need glasses anymore???
4) Huge progress in your de-leafing project!
5) Sigh…now I want brownies. So jealous!!
I hope you have a great weekend!
November 13th, 2020 at 5:27 pm · Link
Silver, thank you!! I’m barely carving out reading time, plus I have the same eye strain, so I totally get it. I love my silly hat, LOL!
1) Amazing on your word count! I think a heroin named Justice is cool. Over the years, I imagine a lot of our characters will share names, it doesn’t faze me a bit.
2) Yeah, they really need to get there soon. It’s been what 2 or 3 weeks? I’m losing track of time.
3) Dressing in layers makes sense.
4) LG and Loki are so cute! I wonder if you can get that on video????
5) Your life is PRODUCTIVE with that amazing word count!
Hope you have a great weekend!
November 13th, 2020 at 5:32 pm · Link
Viki, thank you so much! As for Primal Magic, all the planning is great but I need to be writing. Btu I also need an income so I have to figure out strategy…and the hours and days vanish
1) Oh no, I’m sorry. I mean I understand, we are have a big spike here, and I’m concerned. But the disappointment must be pretty big. Plus all that turkey, although I love turkey.
2) How nice of them to share their brisket. I bet hubs had fun with Harrison.
3) Pillow are tough to wash.
4) Smart to get a jump on it. I need to think about Christmas.
5) Good thing you have Youngest there to pick up the eggnog slack And its good to feed our cravings before they get too out of control.
Have a great weekend!