Friday, February 26th, 2021
TGIF. Another week zoomed by. Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- Anyone else find the media coverage of Tiger Woods accident a little…ghoulish? Maybe it was just here in CA, or my interpretation. But it was almost like they were memorializing the man, when he’s still living. It was a terrible accident, and I’m truly sorry for him and all who love him. From what I read he has a long recovery ahead of him, and I wish him well.
- Now that Savaged Illusions boxed set has been released, I’m cleaning up some things that didn’t go right, then I’m 100% shifting focus to Wing Slayer Hunters. These guys want their stories told and I’m obsessed with their would. But I’m begging them to stop jumping ahead and let me focus on writing Eli and Savi’s story right now. However the stories are so interwoven, Ram, and a mystery character I haven’t revealed yet, won’t shut up. It’s seriously annoying.
- Maggie had her urinalyses and her PH is still too high (which is part of what forms the stones in her bladder). We’ll retest her in four weeks. I’m the lowest level of concerned, but happy with her care so overall feeling confident. We are keeping her strictly on the recommended food, and doing the best we can for her to keep her healthy.
- My blood work and other assorted labs all came back good. I figured they would, but that’s good to know. Today, I’m getting an ultrasound to check my gallbladder. I’m thinking it’ll come back normal or mild stuff, but Wizard thinks I’ll have three stones in my gallbladder like Maggie had in her bladder I won’t, he was just amusing himself and saying I was trying to copy our dog. I have to admit, he made me laugh.
- No coffee before the test! I can go without eating, but coffee???? That’s just mean. The test is at 8:15 thought so I’ll tough it out.
That was my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
February 26th, 2021 at 7:47 am · Link
I’ve been trying to avoid coverage of Tiger Woods for years. Like you, I’m sorry he was in a terrible accident – no one deserves that – and I wish him the speediest possible recovery. Sorry your box set thing had glitches, but yay for characters that won’t shut up, as annoying as that is. Poor Maggie. Have you tried switching to purified water? It helped Kira. Yay for good labs for you! Fingers crossed for your gallbladder. Ack! No coffee? Mean and heartless. :hugs:
1) I made a yummy lemon coconut bread the other day. Seriously, that’s the name of it – yummy lemon coconut bread. It was true, though, so I can’t fault the name.
2) Yesterday was nice, so Hubs and I did some serious work on clearing the south lot. I think we’re both paying for it this morning.
3) Despite the awesome ass-prodding you gave the other day, my gumption still is AWOL. But today is another day to attempt getting back on track.
4) Mom’s getting her second ‘rona shot today. I hope now she can get out more and not have to worry about catching it from someone at the store. Her whole world this past year has been home/office/home/office with the occasional well-visit to the doctor’s office. What fun is that?
5) I keep thinking today is Monday. As in “Why is Hubs doing laundry on a Monday?” Because it’s Friday, derp.
February 26th, 2021 at 8:41 am · Link
What B.E. said. It’s so easy to reply to you when she beats me here. Holding good thoughts for you and Maggie both and I totally get the mouthy characters! Okay, my five.
1. I got some words written this week. I finished one chapter and started on another and then realized that the timeline didn’t work due to the the time difference between France and Washington DC. It made me laugh and think of Eve Dallas (In Death books), because she’s always screwed up on the time differences and bitching to Roarke about it. Being the perfect “emperor of the solar system,” he always knows the time wherever. Precisely. Not that Sade has any Eve Dallas in her…
2. I’ve put off going to the grocery store. I’m now almost out of milk and Diet Coke so it’s imperative to get out today. I also need to hit Starbucks because I have reward stars expiring on Monday so I need to spend them.
3. Loki has a bad case of the zoomies. 3 am. 2 pm. 11 pm. 9 am. We never know what will set him off. He ends the game if one of us goes to the bedroom. He zooms under the bedskirt and awaits the arrival of a foot too close to resist. Cat.
4. Antibody test for Covid taken at the time I gave blood came back negative. Not surprised. I’ve been healthy, taking precautions when out and about, but mostly staying away from folks. Our cases are dropping–fewer reported, more recovering. I’m ready for some normalcy.
5. And…here I am and #5 and wondering what the heck to say. My life consists of waking up, putting dogs out, feeding cat, making coffee, feeding feral cats, letting dogs in, getting coffee, and sitting at the computer. Ah well, such is life. It’d be fine if I were productive at the computer but my gumption is off in Cancun with B.E.’s.
On that note, gotta put real clothes on and head to Wallyworld to beat the crowd. Then maybe I can churn out some words. Have a great weekend, everyone!
February 26th, 2021 at 4:22 pm · Link
1. The coverage wasn’t too bad about Tiger here. All the local media has been concerned about his ability to play professionally again having the ankle injuries.
2. Those Wing Slayers are pushy :). I guess they all have a lot to say ;).
3. Maggie’s Ph should drop as you continue with her new diet. Glad you’re not stressing too much. You take good care of her and are diligent about keeping track of everything so you’ll know if there needs to be a change.
4. Wizard is funny. You better not have three huge stones like Maggie. That would be awful.
5. I already said you’re a hero on the coffee issue :).
1a. I made Spunk’s vet appointment. The first available is March 22. I took it. I guess with all the strangeness it takes so much longer for an appointment and less animals can be seen in a day.
2a. My new Covid killing filter arrived yesterday. It’s quite cute. Reminds me of an alien space ship.
3a. Harrison is up here on Facetime showing me his legos. He’s gotten in trouble this week. He just goes over to the iPad and calls Paw Paw and when his parents notice he turns it off real quick because he knows he’s not allowed to call without their permission. Yes, he is a stinker.
4a. My mom and Step dad got their second Covid shots and had no adverse reaction. Hubs is feeling better about getting his second shot now. He was kind of scared.
5a. It just dawned on me that I was supposed to pick up a prescription today – oops! There is always tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!
February 26th, 2021 at 6:03 pm · Link
B.E., good tip on purified water. I’ll keep that in mind. Wizard took the call, but I’m thinking it might just take more time to get her levels right. Purified water is easy enough to do though.
1) Glad the bread lived up to his name!
2) No good deed goes unpunished Hope you’re not too sore.
3) My gumption must be hanging out with yours, LOL.
4) It’s not fun! This had been terrible for seniors, and isolating them too danged much. Yay for your mom getting the second shot!
5) Days of the week have become a mystery.
Hope you have a great weekend!
February 26th, 2021 at 6:09 pm · Link
Silver, mouthy characters are annoying, but better than silence!
1) I always notice that in the In Death books too Hope you got your timeline straightened out.
2) Hope you got your errands and starbucks accomplished!
3) Loki is hilarious! The 3am zoomies are probably not as funny
4) Right there with you on normalcy! I can’t wait until I’m eligible to get vaccinated.
5) Oh! That’s what my gumption went–to Cancun with yours and B.E.’s They are traitors and I hope they all look fat in their bikinis!
Hope you guys have a great weekend and Loki keeps you entertained (watch your feet!)
February 26th, 2021 at 6:17 pm · Link
Viki, I’m thinking the same as you on Maggie. She’s slowing just a tad, which I attribute to natural aging. The good news is the test is done, so I’ve done my part. I can see the images online, which interests me but I obviously don’t have the knowledge or training to interpret them.
1) It’s that way here too. Although the vets that were able to stay open are overbooked. It’s a long wait even with an appointment.
2) An alien space ship to battle covid, LOL! I hope it works as you hoped.
3) Oh my gosh, he’s so smart and cute! His parents will have their hands full. It’s so adorable that he calls “Paw Paw” When Turbo calls here with his mom or dad, he says, “Hi Grandma where’s Grandpa?” It so nice to be loved.
4) That’s great news both for your mom and step-dad and hubby. Wizard isn’t worried at all. I’ve warned him not to schedule anything for the day after just so he doesn’t have to worry.
5) You reminded me that I have a prescription to pick up too. Half the time, Wizard does it for me because I procrastinate.
Have a good weekend!