Friday, March 19th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- I’m procrastinating on my book, so I keep filling online shopping carts, then deleting them.
- Wizard has car fever. It’s a chronic, reoccurring condition with him. I’ve yet to find a cure
- Wizard got his second Covid shot, and had one day of mild aches and fatigue. He slept a lot but didn’t have a headache or fever and his appetite was fine. I’d call that a minor reaction. The following day he was back to normal.
- I am so very grateful to my local pharmacy tech and pharmacist for helping me get the first Covid vaccine. The way California is prioritizing things leaves a lot of high risk people like me falling through the cracks. The short version of this story is my awesome pharmacy called me when they had an extra dose available and I rushed down there to get it. I am so very grateful to them. The following day (yesterday), all I had was a sore arm so no big deal.
- I’m accidentally listening to a zombie book. It was a freebie on Audible, and I thought it was a man struggling with PTSD, not zombies, LOL! But I got sucked in. And here’s the interesting thing–the book was released on Amazon in 2011 and on audio in 2014. It’s a dystopian world where he’s savaging for food and supplies. Guess what he calls “gold” when scavenging?? Toilet paper! Before the Covid pandemic, I had no clue the true value of toilet paper :-). Or maybe I’m just easily amused. Plus I find it hilarious that I’m listening to a zombie book when I have zero interest in zombies.
Not sure what the weekend will bring, but that’s my five random things. Now I’d love to hear yours! I hope each of you has a wonderful and safe weekend!
March 19th, 2021 at 7:26 am · Link
Yay for Covid shots. You get house fever so that and car fever cancel out. A lot of pharmacies are doing that it makes total sense! Braaainssss! Here’s my five:
1. I got my first Covid a week ago. A little sore spot on the arm. All good. LG got his second yesterday and developed a low-grade headache that went away after a nap. All good.
2. Stormy came to play yesterday. Baseball Boy has a tournament and Only was going to work from home until she got notice of a big FecEx shipment coming yesterday. Since her promotion to Creative Services Director, she gets all sorts of stuff to deal with now. He was good and it was fun having him. We went to Wallyworld with Jake. Always an adventure.
3. New keyboards arrived. THAT was an adventure and I won’t bore you. It’s smaller and my fingers are slow to adjust. A second delete button is where the old backspace buttone was (backspace is underneath it in “usual” place, just different distance) and the caps lock button is where the a key was, distance wise. I’ll get used to it eventually.
4. Let’s not talk writing, uhm-kay? I fought the MS and the MS won. Sort of. My brain is taking a break. Maybe new words this afternoon after other stuff.
5. All ferals are present and accounted for with the occasional addition of two new ones. Don’t know if they’re lost, just get out and visit, or are just passing through. My cauldron is around so I’m happy.
Can you tell there wasn’t much going on in my world this week? Time for more coffee and then some extraneous stuff I need to help LG with. Zoom meeting at 10 with a group of authors thinking about putting a series together. Hopefully, between coffee and brainstorming that, I’ll be in the mood to tackle Sinjen and Sade this afternoon. Have a great weekend! 🥰
March 19th, 2021 at 7:34 am · Link
LOL, yeah, I have a cart at Amazon I fill and then forget about until the next time I’m thinking about buying things. Occasionally, I actually place an order. Poor Wizard and his chronic car fever. Yay for both of your ‘rona shots and for no big reactions! LOL about the zombie book. I hope you’re enjoying it at least.
1) Speaking of carts and books we get accidentally. I accidentally one-clicked the ebook version of a book I thought I was adding to my cart. I wanted the hardcopy. Now I have the e-copy. Blerg. Not a fan of reading non-fic on the Kindle.
2) Last night, I went through the first of my proofer notes and got those input. I’ll get the rest done today. Then comes formatting! Soon I’ll have another book out into the world.
3) So, I’ve been trying to write snappy cover copy for this darn thing. It;s not going well. I hate this part.
4) I should be done with the Savaged box set today and get my review up. So much awesome.
5) I tweaked my new Apple Bread recipe yesterday and made it chock-full of apples. Much yummy-ness occurred.
Have a great weekend, All. =o)
March 19th, 2021 at 5:40 pm · Link
Silver, very true on house fever, LOL!
1) I’m happy to hear you both did ok with the shots so far.
2) Stormy must love going out with Jake. Your daughter’s job sounds like it can be demanding, but I’m happy for her getting that promotion.
3) Those “unusual” placements on the keyboard would be hard for me to adjust to as well. Hope you can adapt quickly.
4) I have nothing to say on writing either. Not. A. Word.
5) You’re getting quite a collection of ferals. It’s good to hear they’re all safe. It’s not an easy life for feral cats, but you’re dramatically improving their quality of life with food, water and warm blankets when it’s dangerously cold.
Hope the zoom meeting sparked your creative drive! Have a great weekend!
March 19th, 2021 at 5:46 pm · Link
B.E., I did enjoy the zombie book, although it’s a series I don’t intend to follow. But it’s good to get out of my comfort zone once in a while.
1) You can usually return the accidently clicks if you’re so inclined. And I get the preferring nonfiction in hardback.
2) You’re moving along on the book’s production! Great job.
3) Cover copy is the worst to write on our own books.
4) Thank you!
5) Wizard really loved your old apple bread recipe. This one must be amazing!
I hope you have a good weekend!