Thursday, April 8th, 2021
TGIF! Time to jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- You may have seen this on my social media already: I have an assistant again! I’ve worked with Carla a few years back, and am pleased to be working with her once more. She smart, energetic and full of ideas. Carla is the owner and operator of Everything Romance Blog and Everything Romance Promotions.
- The funny thing about having an assistant–it’s more work in the beginning. I knew this from experience, but let’s just say Carla’s amazing and I’m out of breath trying it keep up, LOL! All joking aside, I had planned to wait until I was deeper into this book to prove to myself I could do it before taking on an assistant. But when a good opportunity comes around, the wise woman takes it. And gets her butt in the chair and writes the dang book.
- In Weird & Cool Finds news. I was searching old emails looking for something I can’t even remember now, and found an entire paranormal proposal (a proposal is a synopsis, three chapters and mini-outlines for several character’s stories) that I’d sent to my editor. I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about it. I didn’t have it stored in my normal files of books either. This had been a big deal at the time, and my agent was submitting this proposal to editors, so how I did just forget? What I think happened was I sold another contemporarily series to Entangled and had started writing The Plus One Chronicles to self-publish, so we set this paranormal one aside. And then I changed computers, and for some reason, this series wasn’t transferred over to the new one. In any case, I have it all in a folder now. I don’t know what I’ll do with it, but I have it to either finish or rewrite at a later date.
- I’m scheduled to get my second Covid shot tomorrow. I’ve spent the week getting stuff done just in case I have a reaction. I had no reaction to the first one other than a sore arm. My hope is that I have little or no reaction to this one and can log in some real writing time. This book needs my full, focused, crazy-eyed attention.
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch to hang out for a few hours and really looking forward to that. I would love to see Turbo this weekend too, but I have to see if I have a reaction to the shot first. I can take time off from writing next week to see him too, but I’m getting really torn between the whole having a life thing and writing this book. Can’t I just have a few more hours and extra energy five or six days a week????? I’m mean, sure, I’d probably waste them on Google or watching dog videos, but who knows, I might actually write a book. Where do I put in my request for extra hours and energy?
That’s my five random things, now I’d REALLY love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
April 9th, 2021 at 6:28 am · Link
I remember Carla! I’m so glad you have extra help now. I can totally see how it would be extra work up front, but it’ll be worth it in the long run. Yay for finding that book proposal! Yay for getting your 2nd shot. And totally yay for seeing Biker Witch and maybe Turbo, too! Yeah, I think we could all use some more days in our days. And the gumption to use them. ;o)
1) I’ve been working on getting all my books into print versions. Well, actually, the four that I hadn’t done before now. Two proofs should arrive today. The other two proofs should be here next week. Then that’ll be done and off my to-do list. Yay.
2) My container garden is going well so far. The lettuce and the carrots are sprouting like mad. Still waiting on the tomatoes and the zucchini. Today, I need to thin the carrots.
3) I’m trying to get back into some regular type of exercise. I was walking at sunset and saw my shadow. Ugh. Definitely need to get back to work.
4) Staying busy is an excellent way to avoid dwelling on all the things that are wrong with the world right now.
5) I need to squeeze fishing in there somewhere. Maybe if I could get some of your extra hours/days it would all work. Or maybe if I spent less time on the computer, in front of the TV, etc. ;o)
April 9th, 2021 at 8:00 am · Link
B.E. makes my response to your five sooo easy, Jen. Ditto what she said! My five:
1. Loki went MIA last Sunday afternoon. The garage has two doors into from the house. If one isn’t closed snugly, opening the other sets up a vacuum and it pops open. We searched the garage but it’s full of stuff and my SUV. Also we’d been in an out the vehicle door. We left the laundry “room” (W/D in the garage) on, hoping to catch of glimpse if Loki came out of hiding. No Loki. Monday, as LG was out and I was in the yard, we did searches. Loki is NOT a creature of the Great Wild. No Loki.
2. Late Monday night, I put out food and water. LG was up around 3 a.m. for a “break” and happened to look out the window in the door. There was Loki at the bowls. The moment he touched the door to open, Loki skittered off and hid again. LG woke me to say I could easier and not to open the outside garage door. Sleep? Seriously?!?!
3. I decided to move the bowls closer to the door and leave it open a crack in hopes of enticing the little jerk back into the house. While I was picking up the bowls, he darted past me into the house. Tuesday, he stayed out of sight. Wednesday, he was still a little skittish but made appearances. Yesterday, he was almost normal. We’ll see what today brings. Stupid cat. But he did give me THREE things so that’s a win.
4. I have managed to get some writing done. It’s like one day the words flow. The next? Nada. Still, words. And progress. Except I have to go back today and work on the timeline. There’s a scene I don’t want to cut but it has to happen while Sinjen is still in the picture. So…I’ll be doing some scene swapping today. That’s okay. I have coffee and the house panther is present and accounted for.
5. Yesterday was Opening Day at Busch Stadium. I admit that I teared up when the Budweiser Clydesdales came onto the field. I continued to blink tears as the montages and voice overs about Cardinal history played. To top it off, the Cards came from behind to beat the Brewers 3-1. Yadi Molina, a fave player, scored to tie it and then in the 8th, Nolan Arenado (traded for in the off season) hit a two-run homer. It was an epic day with fans back in the stands, 14K instead oif 48K but they made a lot of noise. Stupid pandemic.
Okay, enough about my boring life. TGIF, happy weekend, and time to write! 🥰
April 9th, 2021 at 8:02 am · Link
Gah! I can’t believe how many typos in my comment! More coffee, STAT! i’m not even going to attempt to correct them all. Just read my mind, ‘kay?
April 9th, 2021 at 3:25 pm · Link
1. Nice to see Carla back.
2. Yup, you have to take advantage of great opportunities when they present themselves and Carla will certainly give you some relief.
3. How cool to find that proposal. I love when I get surprises like that.
4. Good luck on your shot tomorrow. I hope you do well.
5. I bet you and Biker Witch had a wonderful time. I guessing coffee was involved .
The extra hours request line always seems to have a busy signal .
1a. I got a jury duty summons in Wednesday’s mail for July 14-23. I really feel it’s a duty but I hate that I won’t be able to workout for two weeks and the drive is 40 minutes :(.
2a. My second shot is this Wednesday, exactly 4 weeks from the first shot.
3a. Middle’s cat had to have a tooth pulled and other work done on her mouth. I feel for the poor kitty. She’s 11.
4a. I cleaned/washed all the floors today. They all look so nice but I’m dead tired now. Oh, and I smashed the back of my head into the granite over hang while doing the hardwood. I have one nice lump .
5a. I’m making hubs cook. I bought salmon and have told him he is grilling it. He’s being very nice about it.
Sure hope you have a wonderful weekend!
April 9th, 2021 at 6:15 pm · Link
B.E., thanks I’m really happy to be working with Carla and all the rest!
1) Awesome on getting them into print–you’re almost there!
2) Love the container garden. In my ignorance, I didn’t realize you needed to thin them, but it does make sense.
3) Shadows can be distorted. But I know you try to keep an exercise routine (and like most of us–sometimes lag a bit).
4) So true.
5) I’d totally share some extra hours so you can get some much needed fishing in!
Hope you have a great weekend!
April 9th, 2021 at 6:28 pm · Link
Silver, ditto noted and thank you
1) When you first told us on Monday about Loki missing, I felt sick for you all. When that happens here, the first thing we think is –coyote.
2) Okay, seriously, LG??? I bet you barely slept after that if at all. But you knew Loki was in the garage.
3) Oh Loki! I’m just so glad he’s safe! I really had a knot in my stomach for you and LG, and of course, Loki. Is this the first time he’s pulled this? It makes me wonder if he’s neutered–maybe he’s hormonal? Boy cats like to prowl right?
4) Yay for words and progress. I don’t know why it’s two steps forward and one back, but you’re still making great progress! And of course, Loki, caused some huge emotional distraction. Again, so happy he’s safe!
5) Yay for your cards, the Clydesdale and your favorite player. That’s a lot to be happy about despite the stupid pandemic. All of us are fatigued by it. I really feel for all the sports fans since Wizard is one. He LOVES the San Francisco Giants like you love your Cardinals. We want to plan a trip one year to SF around the home opening day for the Giants–which as a baseball fan, you’ll get
You’re life isn’t boring, tell Loki no more disappearing acts! And have a great weekend!
April 9th, 2021 at 6:35 pm · Link
Viki, does coffee ice cream count as coffee? Biker Witch bought me ice cream when I whined, LOL! It was soooo good.
1) I feel the same about jury duty. But you have to go for two weeks? That’s a little too much to ask in my view.
2) I hope you don’t have a reaction to the second shot! Well, hope we both don’t.
3) Oh poor kitty. But yay for them giving the cat the care he or she needs.
4) Glad the floors are gleaming but your poor head! That must really hurt
5) Yay for hubs cooking! Especially after you hit your head on the granite. You need a break. Enjoy your salmon!
I hope you and the family all have a good weekend!