Thursday, April 22nd, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Our week was compressed since Turbo was here Sunday and Monday. Tuesday ended up being Monday and Tuesday compressed into one marathon day. In fact the whole week feels like a marathon.
- Wizard and I have real bedroom furniture! Guys, I’m not even kidding when I say we had…well…old crap. The dresser had to be well over 60 years old, and not in the cool antique that should be refinished way. More like, the old, tired and eyesore way. For nightstands, we had two particle board round tables I bought for $10.00 each back in the day when we couldn’t afford pizza, and covered them with bargain table clothes. But after nearly four decades, we have a new dresser and nightstands we love! They even match!
- I went to the dentist. Not exciting at all, but glad to have it done since it’s been over a year. All good. Although the hygienist nearly panicked at my gag reflex when she was taking x-rays. I’ve stopped warning people because they NEVER believe me. I always get the same response, “Just breathe through your nose, you’ll be fine.” And I’m like, what you think I can’t breath and throw up at the same time? Trust me, I can. But after the first x-ray, the poor woman said, “I’ll run fast!” So we got it done, and she got her cardo workout at the same time.
- I also did my eye exam. I ordered new glasses that are transparent pink, and I think, cool. They are also Versace. I hesitated for about a minute, then could hear Wizard’s voice in my head, “If you like them and they’re comfortable, order them, you cheap witch.” I handed over my dusty, shocked credit card. I’m also trying out a trial pair of stronger prescription contracts too, but there’s nothing dramatic about that. If they don’t work, my old prescription will work fine.
- Carla and I have plans for next week, but to do all that I needed to set Savaged Dreams free. Amazon then surprised me by doing it faster and easier than I expected. Adding to my shock, the free book spontaneously took off on Amazon, even hitting their new adult and contemporary romance free top 100 lists yesterday. I’m not sure how or why since we hadn’t done any promo yet, but yay! And a huge shout out to my assistant, Carla, she’s been working so hard behind the scenes. It’s been a LOT of work, but we’re excited to have some Swag and fun things for readers.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
April 23rd, 2021 at 2:12 am · Link
I am so with you on the dentist and gagging during the X-rays. I finally found a dentist whose hygienist had the key – SALT! You take a little table salt on your tongue while they stick the torture devices (I mean X-ray thingies) into your mouth. For whatever reason, it calms the gag reflex. I just tuck a fast-food salt packet into my purse when I’m going to the dentist and tap a little into my mouth, as needed.
April 23rd, 2021 at 6:27 am · Link
Yay for having Turbo time, but boo for a compressed week. Yay for new furniture! That’s so awesome. Yay for getting some of those long-put-off things done. I hear ya on the gag thing. (And thanks, Laura, for the tip.) Yay for SD taking off and hitting the free lists. Go, you!
1) I let the world get to me yesterday, so I stepped away and puttered in my container garden. I repotted 6 zucchini plants, reseeded 4 containers for carrots, and stuck everything out in the sun. Then Hubs and I brought everything back into the garage because today’s weather is supposed to be gross.
2) I also sat down yesterday morning and finally sorted all my paperwork so it could be filed and then filed it. That’s been on my to-do list forever. I don’t think I filed anything last year. Sheesh.
3) And I made cookies yesterday, too. Yeah, I tend to get a little manic when I’m trying to avoid the world.
4) Hubs got a removable drive thingie in the mail from one of his brothers. It was filled with pictures from the slides his father had of them as children. It was neat seeing pics of little Hubs.
5) The deer are getting fat-pregnant. Lumpy has driven away her yearlings, so she can be ready for the next set of twins. In another couple of months, we’ll start seeing fawns again. Ah, the circle of life. And a reminder that deer don’t give one whit for the affairs of humans.
April 23rd, 2021 at 8:13 am · Link
Per usual, what BE said re: you.
1. This week has been a weather roller coaster. I want to stand at the back door and yell, “Go home, Mother Nature, you’re drunk!” but the neighbors already think I’m weird.
2. Got to pick up Stormy from school yesterday. We stopped to get him a drink and a snack and so he could change out of school uniform into play clothes before I dropped him off at his “Jedi Mastery Snapology” class. Only picked him up after so I can only assume he had fun. It’s a cool STEM-type thing using Legos. This one is Star Wars centered. Fun to talk to him in the car. He’s so freaking smart for 7!
3. Writing has resembled the weather. However, I’ve had a couple of really good days and Sade is now stuck with two dragon-shifter bodyguards. One has hated her since the very first book. Fun times ahead. I’m hoping this will give me impetus to write hard and fast.
4. The huge piles of limbs from the October 2020 ice storm have finally been cleared. City crews started at the town’s northern “border” and worked east to west and to the south. We’re on the last block before the southern city limits so we knew it would be awhile. My wonder BiL had his commercial crew come in January to trim out our trees and get ALL our branches so I’ve had no complaints. When I say huge, I mean piles 10′ long, 6′ deep and 10′ high stretching the entire lengths of yards. Anyway, it’s almost done and I thanked the crew working my streets (we’re on a corner), even if they didn’t touch my yard.
5. I still 💕 my new kitchen faucet. And I still haven’t sorted through the two laundry baskets of junk I cleared off those counters and from under the sink so the plumber could work. This should tell me something. 🤣 That said, I’m going to do something to the backsplash so I want the counters clear for a bit longer. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
TGIF! Have a great weekend, all! 🥰
April 23rd, 2021 at 11:18 am · Link
Laura, thank you for the salt tip! That’s new to me. Have a great day!
April 23rd, 2021 at 11:25 am · Link
B.E., thanks on all!
1) It’s good to have productive escapes like gardening. Sorry for the gross weather.
2) Yay on getting sorting and filing done. It’s always a chore.
3) Cookies always help! I am avoiding a lot these days. I don’t have the emotional energy to waste.
4) Awww!! That was thoughtful of his brother.
5) Deer are smart I had a pang for the yearlings being driven away by their moms, but it’s also necessary for them to become self-sufficient adults.
Hope today is a better day for you!
April 23rd, 2021 at 11:32 am · Link
1) LOL on the neighbor. Sometimes neighbors are all that keep the crazy in us contained
2) What a cool-sounding class! And yay for the snippet of Stormy time. It’s great for them to have grandparents who enjoy listening to them.
3) I want to dragon-shifter bodyguards! But fine, I’ll leave them with Sade to help you summon your writing mojo.
4) Wow that sounds like a massive job. Glad it’s almost finally done. Seems like that ice storm was a while ago.
5) I’m guessing clutter doesn’t bother you, and since it’s convenient to wait until you have time to do your mystery project to the backsplash, why not leave it? Glad the faucet and you are in a long relationship, LOL!
Hope you have a good weekend!
April 24th, 2021 at 2:35 pm · Link
1. I bet the week seemed a bit fast and full after all the fun time with Turbo.
2. Congratulations on the bedroom furniture. Enjoy!
3. Good job going to the dentist. Sorry about the gag reflex.
4. Wizard would want you to get the frames that you liked best and suited you so well done!
5. You and Carla are really busy getting things off and running. Nice to hear that Amazon did good.
1a. I’ve spent the week on the phone or chat with McAfee or Windows. My issues are still not fixed. I know that McAfee is working I just can’t see it in real time. There is a sync issue with Windows and McAfee. I’m lost.
2a. Hubs and I bought a new composter. You should have seen us trying to put it together with my hands and his lack of building skills. I finally told him to leave it and I’d get youngest to do it. Youngest and I had it together in less than 30 minutes.
3a. After 9 inches of snow Wednesday and Thursday, it’s 62 today. Go figure.
4a. I had a sty come up in my left eye Thursday. After 40 some odd years of not having any, then 2 years ago I had three in the right eye. That eyelid is now scarred. I hope this one in my left eye goes away fast.
5a. I’m in need of wine tonight. Didn’t have any all week so I feel like two glasses are coming my way 🤣.
I hope you are having a nice weekend!
April 25th, 2021 at 10:23 am · Link
Viki, yeah, the week has been busy, but better than bored, I guess
1) I really hope you can get it sorted out with MacAfee. Since you’ve been on the phone with them, you’ve obviously gone through all the troubleshooting, so I’m lost too. Frustrating!
2) Of course Youngest did it in a half hour, LOL! But he’s awesome to help you guys out.
3) Silver has it right, the weather is drunk.
4) Ouch! That has to hurt. I’m sure you’re doing the eye compresses and gentle soap (baby shampoo!) and water routine to try to drain it. I hope it goes away soon.
5) You deserve two glasses of wine!
Hope you have a great Sunday!