TGIF. I can’t keep up with the weeks anymore. Hopefully I’m posing this on Friday, but between my confusion and my blog-scheduler problems, who knows Anyway, here are 5 random things about my week:
- Maggie’s doing pretty well after her dental cleaning. No extractions, etc. But I really don’t want to put her through any more procedures for a while. Oh an awesome bonus, they cut her nails while she was under anesthesia. I really appreciate that.
- Not talking about writing. I just need to get out of my own way.
- I’m still doing exercise bands and beginning yoga three times a week. I enjoy it for the most part. Now that I’ve been doing it for a while, I’m pushing a bit more while really trying NOT to hurt myself. I’m pretty sure if I do get hurt, it will be from something stupid like falling out of a simple yoga pose, tripping over the mat or any number of equally embarrassing things.
- I bought a second swimsuit. This one is a tankini type (two piece but long top). I still look…um…middle aged (I’m so proud that I didn’t say fat, LOL), but I like it. I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t ride up in the water. We’ll see. I don’t know how long we’ll have the pool, and I want to enjoy it without a lot of mental pain over how I look. That’s such a waste of emotional energy in my opinion.
- I broke down and made cookies yesterday. They are a healthier than typical version of Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal Pecan Cookies. Only I substituted dark chocolate chips for the pecans because I craved chocolate. They are pretty good, a cross between oatmeal cookies and pumpkin pie with a chocolate kick.
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!